Do we now have Dominica pattern Drop Pods?

Hyuzanriu

I was thinking about something cool I could do to revamp my list and stop playing the same thing over and over again when it came to me. Unbound is a thing!! I have been refusing to accept it for a while but now, I think I want to embrace the unbound and play Sororitas podding in using an unbound army, Has anyone tried this? What do you guys think of it? Potential list? The though of dropping four ignores cover meltaguns on something turn one is just too good.

EDIT: Also, Retributors with Heavy Flamer anyone?

Never tried it, but you're not the first one to suggest it.

Actually, you don't even have to go Unbound. Here's a suggested list I borrowed from another site;

Uriah (in Bastion for fearless/counter-attack bubble and extra faith)

BSS in Immo (TL-MM) with Flamer x2
BSS with 2xFlamer (Pod)
5 Dominions with 4 Melta (Pod)
5 Retributors with 4 Heavy Flamers (Pod)
5 Retributors with 4 Heavy Flamers (Pod)
6 Retributors with 4 HB, Simulacrum 
Bastion with Comms

6 Drop Pods
Sanguinary Priest with Veritas Vitae (Warlord, Extra Strategic, Bastion?)
Tac Squad with HF, Combi-Flamer in Drop Pod
Scout Squad
5 Sternguard in Drop Pod
5 Sternguard in Drop Pod

I like it, but I do not think I want any Astartes in my Sororitas. I think I need to buy a chuckload of pods so that I can try a full pod Sororitas list out, not going for cheese or min/max, just looking for something fun.

Just to add, the BA detachment listed is the Flesh Tearers Strike Force. It requires 1 HQ, 1 Troop and 1 FA, with a further 5 FA as options (plus the rest) so if you really wanted, you could keep the BA to a minimum, use the Pods and thus, keep Objective Secured on your Sisters.

In fact, why not take Raphen's Death Company as the Troop choice and use your Repentia models to represent them?

I've been meaning to build this since I'm a big fan of the Ordo Hereticus Strike Force (Citadel Journal 49).

Now, this list lets me build it legally and with ObSec. That's awesome. I just need to figure out a way to make the Blood Angels not stand out too much.

Hell, I'd Pod in two Sororitas Command Squads with Heavy Flamers or Meltas instead of the Battle Sisters.

2x Canoness, equipped to taste, attached to their Command Squads

2+ Battle Sister Squads in transports

2x Sororitas Command Squads with HF or Meltaguns in Drop Pods (5 Meltaguns feel like overkill, though!)

3x Melta Dominions in Drop Pods

Retributor Squad with HF in Drop Pod

2x Retributor Squad with Heavy Bolters and Simulacrum Imperialis OR 2x Exorcists

Blood Angels HQ

Token Blood Angels troops (Sniper scouts? idk what's in their book)

6 Drop Pods

I think there's a BA allies thread from a month or two ago that could be of some good reference to this thread.

I sometimes use BA scouts infiltrated with beacons, with beacons on the drop pod/s, then deepstrike my Avenger off the beacons, because Sister Biggles has a big footprint and could always use the help.

I think there's a reason sisters don't get pods.  We're designed as a close-range shooty army, and being able to get within 12" without serious risk of deepstrike mishap and no risk of getting intercepted/shot enroute...it's a HUGE advantage.  Podding in with 4x BS4 meltas, at 3x per FOC?  Broken.  Podding in DOZENS of double-tapping preferred enemy battle sisters augmented by heavy flamers?  Unbalanced.  We're so flippin' good at close range shooting that balance requires us to undergo some kind of risks to get in close in the first place.  Kind of the same idea that prevents deepstrikers from assaulting on arrival.  Sure, armies that have pods can use them to deliver shooters...but a tactical squad with boltguns doesn't have preferred enemy, right?  And, sure, people can and do pod in sternguard with combi-meltas...but those cost A TON MORE than dominions and they only get one shot.  Dominions could melta a tank, then use the hull to shield themselves from retribution, and move on to the next target...the sternguard only get one round of melta goodness.  The point is, we're "better enough" at close-range shooting than your average army that GW decided that pods would be too much of an easy button for us.  Agree with them or not, that's clearly why we don't have them.  

I justify this to myself over and over by referring to Citadel Journal 49! tongue.png

Although granted, that list was a) Not Chapter Approved as far as I know, and b) did not have Dominions (it was all Seraphim, with Celestians as troops), but it DID have an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor, and during the time, a Jump Pack Canoness.

It also had Deathwind Drop Pods for Heavy Support.

I'm not saying it's perfectly balanced, hell, I agree with march10k that it might actually be too strong, but it's something I've wanted to port to 7e for so long and here's a really good way to do it, and it being Battle Forged is a bonus.

I think there's a reason sisters don't get pods.  We're designed as a close-range shooty army, and being able to get within 12" without serious risk of deepstrike mishap and no risk of getting intercepted/shot enroute...it's a HUGE advantage.  Podding in with 4x BS4 meltas, at 3x per FOC?  Broken.  Podding in DOZENS of double-tapping preferred enemy battle sisters augmented by heavy flamers?  Unbalanced.  We're so flippin' good at close range shooting that balance requires us to undergo some kind of risks to get in close in the first place.  Kind of the same idea that prevents deepstrikers from assaulting on arrival.  Sure, armies that have pods can use them to deliver shooters...but a tactical squad with boltguns doesn't have preferred enemy, right?  And, sure, people can and do pod in sternguard with combi-meltas...but those cost A TON MORE than dominions and they only get one shot.  Dominions could melta a tank, then use the hull to shield themselves from retribution, and move on to the next target...the sternguard only get one round of melta goodness.  The point is, we're "better enough" at close-range shooting than your average army that GW decided that pods would be too much of an easy button for us.  Agree with them or not, that's clearly why we don't have them.  

We're good at close range shooting, but I don't see how we're so good at it that vertical insertion makes us anything like broken. I've been the victim of too much allies/formation/detachment ridiculousness since 6th too even have considered that drop podding Dominions was unsportsmanlike. It seems more like re-achieving parity than gaining an unfair advantage at this point.

I think the reason Sisters had their drop pods removed (becaus the point of this thread is that we had them organically once) is because GW reached a point where they wanted factions in general and Space Marines in particular to have distinctive wargear and vehicles, and drop pods don't seem very "church-y."

I've been meaning to build this since I'm a big fan of the Ordo Hereticus Strike Force (Citadel Journal 49).

Now, this list lets me build it legally and with ObSec. That's awesome. I just need to figure out a way to make the Blood Angels not stand out too much.

Hmm, not sure on what special rules BA have, but maybe you could do the HQ as a power armoured Inquisitor, then scouts as carapace armoured henchmen? Or give them shotguns and = a squad of Adeptus Arbites holding the line until the Sisters can pod in to reinforce them?

Edit @ Miko: :lol:

Hmm, not sure on what special rules BA have, but maybe you could do the HQ as a power armoured Inquisitor, then scouts as carapace armoured henchmen? Or give them shotguns and = a squad of Adeptus Arbites holding the line until the Sisters can pod in to reinforce them?

Edit @ Miko: laugh.png

That actually sounds cool. Sniper Scouts! Female sniper scouts! Finally a use for all those extra Immolator heads!

I should get the Blood Angels book. I have no idea what their HQs are like, though I presume they're similar to C:SM stuff.

Edit @ Miko: laugh.png

That actually sounds cool. Sniper Scouts! Female sniper scouts! Finally a use for all those extra Immolator heads!

I should get the Blood Angels book. I have no idea what their HQs are like, though I presume they're similar to C:SM stuff.

Kinda.

No Chapter Masters, Librarians take different powers, Apothecaries (known as Sanguinary Priests) and Techmarines occupy the HQ slots. We also have Librarian Dreadnoughts there.

Running some Adeptus Arbites as Scouts sounds like a great idea. As for Deathstorm Drop Pods (gun pods), BA can take them as HS using the rules listed in Imperial Armour volume two Second Edition. Our DT/FA Drop Pods either have a storm bolter or a deathwind missile launcher.

I am putting together a drop pod list.  My liber challenge order makes large use of Dominica pods.

The Flesh Teraers detachment is fantastic in this regards.  Take a min squad of scouts and a Sang priest and your off to the races.  You can of course model your BA allies however you like.  They can be a Inq squad, Arbirtes whatever you like. Mine will be Arbites since I have a full army of them already and I can just make use of models I already own.  I will also be converting my pods to look like Union Class Dropships from Battletech. 

I use a 1500 list that is;

Cannoness

Command squad in a pod

2x min BSS squads in pods

3x min dominions in immolators

3x min Retributiors in pods

My cannoness and the Sang Priest and the scouts chill in cover hiding.  Scout the immos forward first turn and nuke something then bring in 3 pods of my choice (Burny or meltly) Next turn I drop the reaming pods in.  Then I bask in the sweet, sweet burning ashes of heretics.  

I hear the Fleash Tears are giving us good rates for renting their pods because well...you know...Armageddon...

I do find Drop Podding Sisters Cheesy but the issue I have is not that, its just that we must dilute our force in order to drop pod it.

I don't really like having to take marines with sisters too often unless they are templars, taking Flesh Tearers though just seems wrong.

Archived