Mitsman's Ultramarines blog of awesomeness (Intercessors).

Mitsman

+++ Progress Report Delta +++

Last couple of days I am too tired to touch a brush. So much work at the office...

I did not want to leave it like this, now that I am back and painting, so here is a small update on the termie squad.

y8Ncfal.jpg

XEl0ug6.jpg

eYknP79.jpg

4QOJGBG.jpg

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks for the kind comments :happy.:

Mitsman

Hey Jukkiz,

Yeah I forgot to mention that the blue is basic only. There is at least another 4 layers to come. What I would call ready -ish are the guns, the chest eagles, the helmets and head and maybe half of the metals in general. There are some details to mesh everything together and some final highlights to be done plus text to every single purity seal. Only after every other detail is finished do I visit the blue of the armour, basically the very last step before I touch the bases.

Mitsman

Ok opinion time.

Would you people prefer to see the "MUNDI D" as in "500 worlds" on his shoulder shield or a transfer?

DqT9mEI.jpg

Do you like how it shows? Bad choice of colours? Stop freehanding Mitsman you are a disgrace? Anyone?

Mitsman

Don't worry, your freehanding is ace. This whole thread is admirable! I'd stick with the iconography as you've painted it right now, I like that it's different from all the ultima symbols, skulls and whatnot that is usually found on those shields.

+++ Progress Report Epsilon +++

+++ Final Report +++

At last today I finished the terminator squad. All six guys painted based and pictured in about a month's time... Not the fastest on the Imperium :(

Today in particular I was feeling and adventures and I wanted to gamble. So I decided to spray the squad with Citadel Purity Seal before completing the grass. You see the layers were done quite thin and I was very worried that even from the first game, the black undercoat would show immediately. And thus I gambled!!!

But the Emperor protects, he will not let his sons be bubbly and smoky in vain so, after testing on a piece of sprue, I did it!

You be the judge. Hope you like them.

zH5egyt.jpg

a6JzPmW.jpg

VRrMLMK.jpg

jHuArZH.jpg

6WReddP.jpg

DDxnWfN.jpg

KL4vrbD.jpg

And just in time for the new bolter rules too!

Mitsman

Thanks Bjorn!

They really tired me with all these details but I think they were worth it.

Next in line the five Intercessors and the Lt Calsius.

There is another big 30k apocalypse game mid April and we aim for 50k+ points per side. I am already at 6,1k with 2 detachments and a lord of war (thunderhawk). Let's see how much I can paint for both 30k and 40k until that time!!!

Mitsman

Hey guys,

Time for a minor update.

All 5 primaris intercessors and Lt Calsius are painted with basic colours and are washed and shaded with liquid talent. Next step is the highlights!

No pics this time I'm afraid as there is quite a mess on the desk and no place to take them. Maybe tomorrow...

On another note, I learned something new today. Do not use your brand new brush to apply washes, they dry too quick and it is pain in the bottoms to clean it up.

I have probably removed half of its life today just doing that. Oh well it was not THAT expensive...

Mitsman

EDIT: typing mistakes...

• 1 month later...

It took me another month to finish the 5 Intercessors but I have done it.

Below is Intercessor combat squad "Tilemahos" being led by the sergeant himself.

YlG74jm.jpg

faTCcRj.jpg

eiiGaky.jpg

HNru6bb.jpg

D4fSHrZ.jpg

The squad does not have any grenade launchers unfortunately as the basic models are from Dark Imperium and the Sergeant is the limited edition one with the extra back banner from 30K. I will probably convert 2 of them for the next combat squad. The target is to have 10 models with an extra sergeant, one with a fist and one with a power sword so I can either use a full squad or two individual squads each with its sergeant.

As always I prefered to hand paint the markings instead of using transfers. Results may vary...

There is still plenty of space on the armour and the guns so little markings and battle honours may be added in time.

Onwards to finishing Lieutenant Calsius! Ohhh and I have finished all the work on the Contemptor dreadnought with magnets for 8 weapons!

2 twin autocannons, 2 twin lascannons, 1 kheres assault cannon, 1 multi-melta, 1 power fist with built-in flamer and 1 top missile launcher. Nowadays I design for both 30K and 40K if I can. The dread is already undercoated black and work has started on the basic colours. I wanted to use the air-brush here, but I never have enough time for one long session so I decided to use the paintbrush and apply lots of thin coats :)

Mitsman

Archived