House Taranis Knights, Blue or Red?

In the Mechanicum novel is states that House Taranis Knights are blue in colour however in the most recent Imperial Knight codex it shows them as being the conventional red of a Admech House. I guess things can change during the time periods as Taranis was almost wiped out but would they really change their colour scheme? or is it just a continuity error?

Edited by WoT

Hmm ok.

If I was to do a Legio Tempestus force of Admech (their scheme is primarily blue) do you think I should also do my Knight in blue, or keep to the red? I want to try and keep to the schemes and it's said Taranis is oath bound to Tempestus, but their respective colours may not look good on the battle board. For example if I do the Skitarii in blue and any titans I may end up having in blue, wouldn't it look a little out of place to have the red knight?

Edit: I just thought of perhaps making my own Knightly House that's Blue and based on Orestes which is the Forgeworld Legio Tempestus is based on. In greek mythology Oretes was a member of House Atreus, which was descended from the mythological figure Tantalus who was condemned to be punished in Tartarus. So I was thinking of maybe calling my knight house, House Tantalus and that it owes it's fealty to Legio Tempestus as punishment for a past deed (I'm thinking half their knights turned heretic during the Horus Heresy)

Edited by WoT

maybe you should ask FW? the codex/compendium says red, the novel says blue, but that may be retconned, or they just changed their colour after the defence of the magma city :/

I like the idea that house Taranis changed their colors to Martian red to show loyalty to the throne loyal admech because of the heresy.

I mean, pretty much everyone changed names and colors after/during the heresy, why not Taranis?

If you are going to field blu Tempestus Titans at their side, I don't think that red knights would look good on the battlefield. If the Knights are going to be the biggest models in your force, instead, I see no problem in painting them in loyalist Taranis colours.

I mean, if it is the army's centrepiece that has a different colour, then there's no problem, it is supposed to stand out and draw all the attention. If it is a middle-sized model, however, it could look like a stain in a uniform sea, and you risk the "harlequin" effect (net referring to the Eldar Harlequins, mind you, but to the Italian traditional carnival mask).

• 2 weeks later...

Mechanicum has been released as an audiobook now, and it seems it still says blue from the excerpt despite that being a good opportunity to apply a retcon to it. So i'd rationalize it as Blue pre-heresy and changed to Red post-heresy, perhaps during the Heresy.

Sounds reasonable. Only two knights of Taranis survived the HH. I think they needed a lot of help to rebuild their house. That's why they are red now