Nurgle 1900 at my local GW league

bozo69pd

Well the league game at my local GW has come and gone. 1900 points it ended up being a 2v2 because the line for the table was crowded. 4 players: Nurgle daemons (myself), Knights and scions, GK, and DEldar/Eldar. We rolled off for randomized teams. GK and myself vs the Knights and Pointy ears. How fluffy.

My list:

GUO ML3 (miasma, enfeeble, life leech) with plague flail

HoN ML2 (rancid, summoning)

nurglings

nurglings

Beasts of Nurgle x5

nurgle DP wings, armor, baalsword

nurgle DP wings, armor, baalsword

nurgle SG baleful torrent

Ally

Belakor

cultists

Bastion with void shield.

My ally had a draigostar with 2 ml3 librarians and 2 dreadknights. Other team was 2 knights, a bunch of taurox with scions, a culexis and callidus assassin. Eldar had 2 raiders with incubi and drazhar, Urien and grotesques, a venom with warriors, and a tantalus full of wraithguard. Emperors will Dawn of war deployment. I reserve my soul grinder, load cultists into bastion manning the heavy bolters and put nurglings with the herald on the roof. All of the GK are reserved except for 2 rhinos. Our opponents line up along the deployment line. Calidus infiltrates next to some GK stuff. Night fighting in effect.

Turn 1 they go first and we fail to sieze. They all move forward then unload everything they have at my bastion, the knight paladin pops the void shield and the errant only manages to gib a nurgling base. The callidus unloads onto a popped rhino and only 1 GK dude is left standing.

Our turn Draigostar drops in and we also move most everything forward. Invisibilty goes on for me, fail summoning on 4 dice (we are splitting up the charge pool) and GK does about 30 minutes of buffs and novas and vortexes that give us first blood. and thin out there army alot. Warpstorm gives me free PB right on their objective. I charge the callidus with one DP, the tantalus with another, and belakor at a knight. belakor fails his charge, the dp instagibs the callidus, and my other DP... well I never actually went against wraith guard before and didn't realize they had instant death flamers loaded up on that tantalus. 2 instant death flames one saved one not byebye DP.

Turn 2 the scion/knight player flat outs a taurox with the culexis within 12 inches of belakor and the draigostar. Oh noes... after psychic and shooting 3 wounds to belakor 5 GK down with some hits on draigo, then the knights charge. Draigostar goes down.

Our turn 2 nurglings come in mishap and die. soul grinder comes in and scatters back badly (I really needed him to take out the tantalus and WG). Everything moves forwards (a vector strike whiffs). Can't cast because of the culexis. Warpstorm rolls khornes wrath and whiffs. GK kills alot of stuff with shooting. Dogs charge and kill the culexis (thank god) belakor charges a knight and does 3 HP off then dies (both knights have 3 HP at this point.

Turn 3 I forget alot of what happens on this turn because it was fast. The store was closing. They shoot everything they have and take out both dreadknights (one died to an incubi charge) my PB get locked in combat on their objective. My GUO gets charged by the knight paladin and loses 2 wounds but does nothing back (damn that armor 13) GK down to 1 tactical squad at this point and a rhino.

Our turn 3 pretty much everything is locked in combat. My Dp lands. SG still out of charge range. Herald perils on a summoning fail rolls 6 then makes the ld. Becomes Empowered. Warpstorm rolls nurgles rot then whiffs. Cultist auto pistols finish the last incubi. Beasts pop a taurox with enemy WL in it. Herald of nurgle charges the knight paladin and pops it. combo of PB and GK tactical finish urien and a grotesque.

Store closes and we call it a tie because this is a friendly game even though it is league. We had firstblood, linebreaker, our objective, and 1 STW. They had 1 STW and their objective (although as I write this I realize we had an obj sec rhino in range too.) Technically we would have won by objectives but they had like 2000 points left to our 1k. The game could have went either way depending on the dice rolls for turn 4.

Fast write up and I apologize for the sloppiness. If you have any questions I'm certain I missed a few details smile.png

Archived