Angela Merici
Founder

Canoness/Saint Ursula
Sister Superior Angela Merici
Notable Sisters

bl.php?text=Origins&fontsize=25&bg=Liber%20Challenge

http://www.krg-23.com/jeux/gw/images/bc/i.png

I
n 799.M41, after several Greenskin tides in the Ultima Segmentum, the Adeptus Ministorum answers the calls of the Ultramarine lord commander Marneus Calgar. Cardinal Dionotus of Dumnonia mandates Canoness Ursula of the Order of the Blue Robe to help the Astartes. 10,000 Sisters are sent to reclaim the Ork invaded Coloniae. This shrine world was conquered by Warboss Yagnatz Olotoof the year before.

Upon their entrance to normal space in the Rhenus Subsector, an unpredictable warpstorm burst out, sending the Adeptus Sororitas spaceships light years from their initial destination into the Gallien Reach. Losses were numerous among the fleet and left the Sororitas billet frigate Shroud of the Aquilla without her Gellar fields. Once the confusion cleared and astronomic position set, the liberation fleet realized their proximity to the Kolossi system. Pleas for assistance were immediately sent to the fortress world Iron Duke, Lord Grevan Raven, to side with the liberation forces and help in mending the damaged flagship. Eventually, the Iron Duke sent help and supplies to Canoness Ursula who saw a sign of the Emperor’s will.

http://www.krg-23.com/jeux/gw/images/bc/HouseRaven.png
Sigil of House Raven from Kolossi

After a couple of months of hectic activity, the convoy, re enforced by Knights of House Raven, sets route to the Rhenus Subsector, at last. Because of the delay, the landing preparation was eager planned, Ursula’s Munitorum staffers opposing House Raven advisers. Angela Merici, Ursula's second in command, wanted to land in the midst of Lindenthal Spire where stands the Great Basilica of Siricius, siege of the Ecclesiarchy whereas Baron Reginald de Cornhill wanted to lay waste on the promethium refineries in Ehrenfeld on the outskirts of the hive. There, the open ground would allow his phalanxes of Knights to manoeuvre and face the well defended Ork forces. Eventually, Ursula cut the tumult short by stating that most of the Adepta Sororitas would deploy on both sides of the Knights forces to draw attention of the Orks. Meanwhile she, along with a one thousand strong regiment of Seraphims, would assault the Great Basilica. Pure in her faith and strong in her will, Ursula led the litanies of battle on the embarking decks of the Shroud of the Aquilla while Reginald’s forces were falling planetwards.

The brutal onslaught lasted for six days. Contact with Ursula’s detachment was lost on day two. Eventually, Warboss Yagnatz Olotoof was killed and his boyz slain to the last. Angela and her Celestians rushed to the center of Lindenthal in search for Ursula and their Sisters. On the central plazza in front of the Great Basilica, one thousand posts were standing, a beheaded Seraphim tied to each one of them. Ursula’s remains were found and carried away by her weeping Sisters.

Moved by the accounts of Baron Reginald de Cornhill and of Celestian Superior Angela, Cardinal Dionotus declared the Seraphims martyrs of the Imperium and Ursula elevated to sainthood. As such, Coloniae became the shrine world of the beatified canoness. On express demand of both Knight baron and Sister superior, the Sisters of the Order of the Blue Robe founded the lesser militant Order of Ursulines.

bl.php?text=Outfit&fontsize=25&bg=Liber%20Challenge

http://www.krg-23.com/jeux/gw/images/bc/i.png

http://www.krg-23.com/jeux/gw/images/bc/Sororita.png

PS: please excuse my English.

Please let me know your C&C as it's the first time I try to write some fluff in English so bare with me smile.png

I'll add some more "recent history" once I have some time to do so.

A small update, base and backpack done, all is ready for primer and paintjob :

http://www.krg-23.com/jeux/gw/images/bc/wip/wip2.jpg

PS : not so much C&C, I am maybe posting in the wrong section ?

Very nice!  Great fluff, I loved the grim dark feel of what happened to the force.  Brutal without resorting to being too graphic.  Nicely done.

I personal prefer the paint job on the right.  Would be a very unique look, blending the armor and robes together,

Very nice!  Great fluff, I loved the grim dark feel of what happened to the force.  Brutal without resorting to being too graphic.  Nicely done.

I personal prefer the paint job on the right.  Would be a very unique look, blending the armor and robes together,

Well thank you sir ! I was wondering if an alternate paintjob in Sororitas orders was a good idea, I saw one or two ppl heading for that, but not that many. So I may stick to the right paint scheme, which is also my fav :)

• 1 month later...

I've corrected some minor spelling errors and added a map of Vagorn Sector which I made with my own hands ! It was greatly inspired by Forge Masters Sanctum : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/299830-forge-masters-sanctum/?p=3909752

I will keep on adding some fluff in this post.

Painting is ongoing and I hope I'll be able to join this year ETL.

We'd love to have you join the ETL mate! You just to need to follow this link and let us know what you'll be painting for your first vow: Link

As Miko has said, you have to pledge in there first before you start painting. Otherwise all of your hard work will not count towards the ETL.

Looking forward to seeing your progress mate! B)

You need to join the ETL before you start painting.

Yes, I know but my test mini served in the Liber Challenge, it won't participate in the ETL. Once I've finished it and have a better idea of how much time it'll take to model/paint my units, I'll join the ETL :)

Archived