Khorne Daemonkin - Discussion, Tactics, Background

Tenebris

Looks like a few interesting formations are coming our way from the Blood Oath Campaign! "The Bloodied Horde", "The Fist of Khorne", "Hellforged Hunting Pack", and "The Goreguard"

Yeah but theyre Warhammer world exclusive; youd have to go there to get the book or have someone do it for you.

I posted a link in the summee campaign rumor thread linking to an FB page that has pictures of the formations or some of them at least.

Eh I don't play in tourney at all, and the group around here are all friends. All I need are the scans of the rules and I'm good to go!

In that case check the blog for the blood god fb page for them.

Eh I don't play in tourney at all, and the group around here are all friends. All I need are the scans of the rules and I'm good to go!

In that case check the blog for the blood god fb page for them.

Yup, that is where I originally got them from.  I know a few annoying vehicles that need a Kharybdis to the face!

Some new formations for us from the new Blood Oath campaign supplement (WHW Exclusive):

https://www.facebook.com/BlogForTheBloodGod

(Much thanks to Blog for the Blood God for these!)

I'll have to pick up  a copy next weekend. Hopefully these can be part of a Blood Host formation. I'm drawn towards the Khorne's Fist formation, sounds like my sort of brutal!

Khorne's Fist: 20 Zerkers charging out of a Kharybidis drop pod, which can Str D a unit on impact (but is then immobilised). Some great utility there and have the right sort of subtlety for this army.

The Bloodied Horde: 8 units of Bloodletters, 2 units of Bloodcrushers and 2 Skull Cannons. All have rage, all must deep strike, and when a unit is destroyed it comes back on a 4+. A nice alternative (if more expensive) to the Charnel Cohort, but useful for bigger games I suppose.

Hellforged Hunting Pack: Greater Brass Scorpion and a mix of 8 of either the following: Defiler, Heldrake, Forgefiend, Maulerfiend, Decimator, Soul Grinder or Blood Slaughterers. All have Daemon of Khorne and Rage, can re-roll charges if the Brass Scorpion makes a successful charge, and all models get an extra attack each time a unit from the formation is destroyed. Probably won't have the chance to play with this one, but it is awesome.

The Goreguard: 8 Bloodthristers (can be a mix of the 3 options) and An'ggrath. Feel No Pain, Rampage, all Thristers within 18" of An'ggrath have Adamantium Will, Counter Attack and an extra attack, and enemy units that fail a fear test from a model from this formation suffer 1 wound each point the fear test was failed by, with no saves of any kind allowed. Absolutely mental. Big games only by the looks of it, but hell, it'll be worth it if you do.

The first 3 are the ones that will see the most use I feel from this book. All have great utility, and add extra ways of dealing damage to your opponent. One thing I've noticed is the FW models are included in the formations, hopefully the book will allow them to have the C:KD rules for them. Hopefully, as mentioned, they'll be part of a Blood Host formation too!

EDIT: Whoops, seems we've covered them already. I'll leave my thoughts up anyway!

And here we go again with unreasonable Formations/units ratio...*sigh*.

if those Formations are meant to cost 1000 ish points each time, just slap a :cussing "Apocalypse only" logo on it, since it will be the only time you will see those...

Hellforged hunting pack could have been awesome, but no, had to make the Brass Scorpion mandatory and you have to take 8 others vehicles, wich alone would cost you like 2000pts...

Given that GW apparently now like to scatter their rules all over the place like a mad dog's excrement, is there any reason why a unit of Bloodletters cannot ride in a Rhino?

I know they can't have one as a DT, but I cannot see anything that would stop them Embarking on one.

Nothing stops them from embarking, although if the rhino is a dedicated transport (and I don't think chaos has access to one that isn't?), they can't deploy in it.

More to the point, though, nothing stops bloodletters from embarking in a land raider.  Or a spartan.  But then again, unless you're looking to attach a marine HQ to the unit, you could have put daemonettes in there instead.  20 odd daemonettes including a herald or two in a spartan is certainly something.

I have these crazy notions that a Khorne Daemonkin army should consist of Khorne Daemons. I don't really care for competitive play so the fluff and 'feel' of an army is much more important than it being optimised.

Not that there's anything wrong with optimisation, of course. It's just not for me.

A unit of Bloodletters could deploy embarked on a LR, right?

I'm sorry, I thought it was being suggested that daemonkin letters embarking on a transport was a new option, as opposed to something daemons could do generally.  My mistake.

Anyway, so long as the land raider was not purchased as a dedicated transport for another unit, yes, bloodletters can begin embarked upon it.  This goes for battle brother transport vehicles like dread claws and spartans as well, again, so long as the vehicle was not purchased as a dedicated transport for another unit.  If you're just trying to deliver a melee unit, rhinos and godhammers aren't exactly the most exciting options chaos has access to.

I want to deliver a Banner of Blood toting Bloodletter unit so that I can DS my other Bloodletter units around them. I was worried about them getting left behind as all my other units are in Rhinos or are Bikes or Beasts.

Not optimised, I know but I don't care. Is 'beer and pretzels' list.

Land Raider should work for that, though, does the banner work while the unit's in a transport?  If not, you'll have to disembark turn one.  Another option to consider, if you're not concerned about optimization, is putting that banner on a unit of bloodcrushers.  Not a great unit, sure, but fast enough to do what you want, and extremely fluffy & cool looking.  An allied C:CD prince with the book could help with their surviveability.

And now I see that you can't take a Land Raider in a Blood Host detachment.

Derp.

Bloodcrushers are too :cuss even for me. Plus it would mean I'd have to take a CAD, Charnel Cohort or Brazen Onslaught, none of which I want to take. 

Plus min. 60pt HQ tax. I'm also trying to minimise the amount of units outside of my Slaughtercult so that I can have as many as possible taking two Tithe benefits.

Just isn't worth it, IMO. 110pts tax for the opportunity to spend over 200pts on a Transport, no BftBG and no Tithe benefits. Much easier and cheaper to just put a BoB on some Bloodletters and have them run up behind Rhinos/Hounds.

Slaughtercult

Lord w/ Bike, Axe of Khorne, Sigil

3 MSU Berzerker Squads w/ Rhinos and MBs

MSU Possessed w/ Rhino

MSU Bloodletters w/ BoB

4 MSU Bloodletters

Gorepack

3 MSU Bikers w/ 2 Meltaguns and MBs

4 MSU Flesh Hounds

1,989pts

There is no HQ tax on allied detachments.  I mean, if you're taking one, you might as well snag Khârn or a Jugger Axelord while you're at it, but unless I'm mistaken you're under no obligation to do so.

Per the Rulebook, an Allied Detachment has 1 HQ and 1 Troop as compulsory selections. Maybe GW changed this in one of the six hundred books that now contain Rules, I don't know.

Regardless, even without a HQ, for the sake of having one unit of Bloodletters delivered upfield in relative safety it isn't worth paying for Cultists and a LR. They will simply have to risk footslogging.

Per the Rulebook, an Allied Detachment has 1 HQ and 1 Troop as compulsory selections. Maybe GW changed this in one of the six hundred books that now contain Rules, I don't know.

Regardless, even without a HQ, for the sake of having one unit of Bloodletters delivered upfield in relative safety it isn't worth paying for Cultists and a LR. They will simply have to risk footslogging.

You have it right.

Don't forget that daemonkin can buy empty rhinos as fast attack but they would have to be part of a CAD.

Played a game today with some blood crushers today and a banner of blood. They were ignored because the flesh hounds are in the opponents face so fast and a d-thirster knight hunting. So they could still do what you want them for.

Posted · Hidden by Iron-Daemon Forge, March 21, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Iron-Daemon Forge, March 21, 2016 - No reason given

As this topic hits page 30 a lockdown will be in effect. You will be asked to move all the Daemonkin related arguments in the Blood for the Blood God Community in the Daemons area. It was created for the specific reason of giving all Khorne Daemonkin players a place to call home for their faction. 

In case other Daemonkin will grace the Chaos faction we will follow the same pattern with an introduction topic in the CSM area followed up by a "community" topic in the Daemons area. This is done first to familiarize the players with a new faction and second to keep the forums clean and entertaining whilst keeping all Daemonkin related arguments in a dedicated community. 

Tenebris

Archived