Can my Nurgle Lord join Fleshounds from Daemonkin?

tbone

Just as the topic states...Can my Nurgle Lord join Fleshounds from Daemonkin khorne? RAW there is nothing from CSM and daemonkin that says I can't.

CSM only restricts units with opposing mark... While daemonkin is missing the 'daemonic alignment' the regular Daemons book had that restricts units to all have the same 'daemon of ....'

Prior to daemonkin if been converting up some nurgle flesh hound out of their first edition models. :)

It'd be awesome to scout my Daemonheart fistclaw nurgle bike lord up with a huge blob flesh hounds :)

I'm wondering what you all think. I'm i missing something?

I don't see anything preventing it at the moment, but I may be missing something. I would consider it poor form, personally, though not sufficiently so for me to refuse to play against you, I'd just roll my eyes a bit.

Honestly, though, nurgle spawn really are not lacking as a retinue, so I'm not necessarily sure it's worth doing.

It would be poor form because the entire point of the restriction on joining other-marked units is to not let aligned characters join units of other alignments? Joining daemon units of other alignments seems, if anything, more egregious from a narrative perspective.

Again, not saying it's not allowed (though I may be missing something), just that it seems openly contrary to the spirit of the thing.

It would be poor form because the entire point of the restriction on joining other-marked units is to not let aligned characters join units of other alignments? Joining daemon units of other alignments seems, if anything, more egregious from a narrative perspective.

Another fair point. Consider another narrative... You play against me for the first time. I pull out 20 nicely "nurglized" dogs along with a whole army of nurgly things....papa nurgle has got to have some dogs somewhere right, not to mention nurgly women (daemonettes )?Tell you I'm using the rules Gorepack formation from daemonkin for the the dogs and explain how I can join nurgle IC to them. Then ask if my opponent has a problem with it and offer to drop the MoN on my lord if they protest. I think that'd work :)

Still thinking about the uses for CSM ICs joining Daemonkin Dogs. I'm thinking a bio-sorc would work quite nice...hopefully getting endurance. A black legion 'last memory' sorc could make good use of the dogs scout move :) but wouldn't want the be stuck in combat like most dogs :/

I guess I understand where you guys are coming from, but I simply couldn't care less. But I'm the type who sees Knights and 'Nids together as perfectly fine on the tabletop, as well.

You can do it by the rules if you're taking the Flesh Hounds from the Demonkin codex, since the restrictions in Codex: Chaos Space Marines on joining Marked units only applies to the Marks of Chaos rule and not the Demons of (X) rule.  But I'm not sure it's that great a move - you'll lose the benefit of T6, since the unit will be majority T4 from the Flesh Hounds.  And since you can't charge the turn you Scout, you'll still be waiting for a turn 2 charge (unless you let yourself be charged, but then Flesh Hounds lose some of their bite since they have Furious Charge).  I suppose it is a relatively cheap way to get some T4 2W Beast bodyguards though.

Just as the topic states...Can my Nurgle Lord join Fleshounds from Daemonkin khorne? RAW there is nothing from CSM and daemonkin that says I can't.

CSM only restricts units with opposing mark... While daemonkin is missing the 'daemonic alignment' the regular Daemons book had that restricts units to all have the same 'daemon of ....'

Prior to daemonkin if been converting up some nurgle flesh hound out of their first edition models. smile.png

It'd be awesome to scout my Daemonheart fistclaw nurgle bike lord up with a huge blob flesh hounds smile.png

Can Daemons of Nurgle join Daemons of Khorne in the Codex Daemons Book?

Can guys with the Mark of the Crutch God join any unit with a Different mark (other than unmarked units)?

I say no. Because :cuss Nurgle they need to be nerfed to Tzeentch levels.

Prior to daemonkin if been converting up some nurgle flesh hound out of their first edition models. smile.png

It'd be awesome to scout my Daemonheart fistclaw nurgle bike lord up with a huge blob flesh hounds smile.png

Can Daemons of Nurgle join Daemons of Khorne in the Codex Daemons Book?

Can guys with the Mark of the Crutch God join any unit with a Different mark (other than unmarked units)?

I say no. Because :cuss Nurgle they need to be nerfed to Tzeentch levels.

Just FYI in case you really didn't read. This has nothing to do specifically with Nurgle, just happens to be the particular god I picked for my war and to follow, mostly due to the modeling and converting possibilities.

So if want to whine about how much nurgle is crutch or whatever, start your on thread and propose all nurgle nerfs you can think off. People can go there for your wisdom on where 'power-levels' should be... Instead of a thread discussing using CSM ICs in khorne daemonkin units ;)

To sum up, yes you can.

However, as I said in another thread, chaos players don't play in order to be top tier competitive (some daemon builds aside) but mostly from a fluff/modelling approach, at least that's my experience. Hence the opposition to the idea you're proposing.

I wouldn't mid if the hounds looked really Nurgly.

I would mind if they looked like Khorne Fleshhounds lead by a Nurgle champion on bike.

I mean, in many cases I would prefer if more daemon units were like furies, in that you had a base unit (flying crappy daemon in this case) with the option of making it a Daemon of X.

However it must be said this 'loophole' will probably be removed come the next codex, so putting all that effort into making your dogs nurgly will be wasted, at least since I would kinda mind a unit of Nurgle hounds being lead by an obviously Khorne champion, even though it will be (and is) entirely legal.

The visuals/background are important, since the rules are crap.

Archived