The Domus Crusade

rye0006

Love the Terminator Chaplain, and if it's not too late I agree that the spikes pointing downward on the top of the banner are a bit Chaos - it would look purer with those removed and just the Iron Halo shape spikes remaining I think.

As for the bearer's left arm, surely it must be holding the decapitated head of [insert local meta]?

Edited by Brother Kraskor

Here's today's progress on the chaplain dread. Tricky to do the weapons, but happy with how they've turned out. Getting the core model sorted, and need to get rid of some more blood angels iconography, before I then go to town with the black templars styling.

gallery_69760_13737_446746.jpg

Truly inspired work! Where did you get the lascannons from? Sorry to point that out, but from what I seen in the photo, I think that you still need to touch-up the Death Company's "X"; green stuff has a thing for sticking where you don't want it to.

Yes lascannons are from the storm raven. I know about the green stuff. It needs a second go over as it hadn't filled in the cross properly let, then it'll have a sand down. Not sure what I'm putting on that space yet.

The Blood Angels Death Company Dreadnought-turned-Black Templars Chaplain Dreadnought is a GREAT idea! Will you convert a chainsword into a bayonet for the twin-lascannon?

No bayonet owing to the giant crozius in the other arm.

Thanks for the replies; these are some cool lascannons, for sure!

As for the space on the side of the sarcophagus, why not a sword (preferably on shield)? You could maybe use on the sheathed swords from the BT upgrade sprue or use a regular power sword and some greestuff/plasticard for the ribbons. Or maybe a reliquary/sarcophagus - I'm sure the new SOB kits or AoS stuff has something, just like the bits you've used for your Ancient. The OOP Forge World BT Dreadnought is also a great source of inspiration.

Thanks for the replies; these are some cool lascannons, for sure!

As for the space on the side of the sarcophagus, why not a sword (preferably on shield)? You could maybe use on the sheathed swords from the BT upgrade sprue or use a regular power sword and some greestuff/plasticard for the ribbons. Or maybe a reliquary/sarcophagus - I'm sure the new SOB kits or AoS stuff has something, just like the bits you've used for your Ancient. The OOP Forge World BT Dreadnought is also a great source of inspiration.

Yeah I've got the forgeworld by dread and use that as my ironclad. So I'm deliberately trying to not make them too similar, but draw inspiration.

Done of the bits I've already used are from the new sisters stuff. I'll keep an eye out as well as rummage through my bits box, and see what I can come up with.

I was thinking a sword, but the forgeworld dread has that and a chaplain wouldn't have been wielding one.

Sure, that makes sense. I don't know how comfortable you are with free-hand painting, but maybe just a tablet bearing some ancient inscriptions? After all, the model is quite heavy with all the additional ornaments and details, that's why a a flat surface with text (or ribbons with text) could work well.

He's like a walking cathedral! Are those AoS bits you've added either side on the top? Very nice.

They're from the new immolator kit. I was just searching bits sites for things that looked gothic and interesting. The new sisters kits have some great bits!

• 6 months later...