Base Size for Soul Grinders

Brother Mayhem

Hey all,

I'm looking to add a pair of Soul Grinders to my CSM/ Daemonkin force. I want to stick them on bases for rule of cool, so I was wondering what size round bases I should stick them on, and where can I find them? I've seen people put defilers and grinders on round/oval bases before, but I have no idea of the size!

I think it does depend massively on how you model it as the leg positions will influence the size of base needed. Maybe put it down on a sheet of A4 and roughly draw a circle around it, and then I'd imagine looking for an MDF base in that size? I think that's your best bet if you want something solid for them.

Any nursery (for plants) sells these cork mats that are basically a piece of hard board with about 3-4mm of cork on top of it.  You put pots on them so they don't mangle your counters or whatever, but you can get them in different sizes for pretty cheap.  I buy them and peel the cork off for base rubble etc, but you could just buy the right size one and stick your soulgrinder on there. 

Like this

http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/651082/651082831510.jpg

-Brett

Archived