Blood Angels 2,000pts

Brother Heinrich

just spit-balling a projected expansion list from the 1500 point force I have now. Let me know your thoughts!

Legion USR: Furious Charge

HQ:

• Praetor - Jetbike, Iron Halo, Photonic Blade, Melta Bombs - 225pts

Elites:

• Contemptor Dreadnought - Extra Armor, Kheres - 200pts

• 5x Legion Terminators - 5x Power Axes, Plasma Blaster, 4x Twin-Linked Bolters - 190pts

Troops:

• 10x Tactical Marines - Sgt w/Artificer Armor & Powerfist, Vexila, Rhino - 220pts

• 10x Tactical Marines - Sgt w/Artificer Armor & Powerfist, Vexila, Rhino - 220pts

Fast Attack:

• Skyhunter Jetbike Squadron - 6x Jetbikes, 2x Volkite Culverins - 260pts

Heavy Support:

• Vindicator - Aux Drive, Dozer Blade - 135pts

Lord of War:

• Cerastus Knight Acheron - 415pts

Total: 2,000pts

I think it's a really nicely balanced force, with the ability to throw a lot of solid threats in your opponent's face simultaneously. My only change, and this is all I would do, is to give one of your terminators a Powerfist/Chainfist/Thunderhammer just to give them a second heavyweight punch if the plasma blaster gets knocked out. Other than that, I can't find any fault with it.

P.S. Love your Night Lords. You (and they) are a huge inspiration to me and the VIII Legion force I'm working on now smile.png.

I think it's a really nicely balanced force, with the ability to throw a lot of solid threats in your opponent's face simultaneously. My only change, and this is all I would do, is to give one of your terminators a Powerfist/Chainfist/Thunderhammer just to give them a second heavyweight punch if the plasma blaster gets knocked out. Other than that, I can't find any fault with it.

P.S. Love your Night Lords. You (and they) are a huge inspiration to me and the VIII Legion force I'm working on now smile.png.

Thanks man! Glad to here it! Ave Dominus Nox.

just spit-balling a projected expansion list from the 1500 point force I have now. Let me know your thoughts!

Legion USR: Furious Charge

HQ:

• Praetor - Jetbike, Iron Halo, Photonic Blade, Melta Bombs - 225pts

Elites:

• Contemptor Dreadnought - Extra Armor, Kheres - 200pts

• 5x Legion Terminators - 5x Power Axes, Plasma Blaster, 4x Twin-Linked Bolters - 190pts

Troops:

Fast Attack:

• Skyhunter Jetbike Squadron - 6x Jetbikes, 2x Volkite Culverins - 260pts

Heavy Support:

Lord of War:

• Cerastus Knight Acheron - 415pts

Total: 2,000pts

Praetor is nice. Expensive, but nice. Not sure 2000pts is the right level for him at more than 10% of your value.

Contemptor; it's okay. Not a massive fan of the Kheres due to its range and it not being podded in. Have you considered a Legion Dread with a Plasma which does a similar role and a little bit better? Less hits/wounds, but AP2 makes up for that.

Terminators; how are these getting close to the enemy? Footslogging? Don't even bother taking. Even running up the field and deploying at the limit, you'd not make the enemy deployment zone before turn 4. These are dead points which can be easily avoided. If you're taking these, consider a Vigilator in Power Armour to get them Scouted.

Skyhunters; Volkites are good fun, nothing nicer than rolling a lot of dice. Thad said, I'm not a fan so much of them on the Jetbikes; I don't think their numbers are enough, there aren't enough 5+ Save models around to "benefit" from Deflagrate other than it being a nice additional casualty every other game, and they already have Heavy Bolters to fulfil that niche. Multimeltas at least get to increase your possible threat range so you're not hard countered by a Contemptor and take out Feel No Pain Terminators really, really easily, as well as making a few additional wounds on Monstrous Creatures that a Volkite would struggle to.

Vindicators. These aren't too bad. But I find that they're slightly underarmoured and overcosted comparatively. People are running around with Typhons, Flare Shielded Spartans and similar, so are countering appropriately; a pair of Vindicators aren't going to last too long against things built to counter Pseudo Super Heavy Tanks. Then again, that might be their charm. The models are gorgeous, though, and I'm a sucker for that Laser Destroyer one so who am I to judge? tongue.png.

The Knights unfortunately are not Lords of War options. Please see my signature for available Lords of War options for Heresy era armies. This is complete and up to date, until Book 5 is released. Considering the Acheron's role. I'd advise perhaps replacing with a Typhon (350, or 370 with Armoured Ceramite) because that way you're not only putting down a 7" S10 AP1 Blast, you're also near enough forcing the enemy to target the Typhon's AV14/14/14 bulk rather than the Vindicators. If you drop the Volkite Cannons you can also pick up 2 more Heavy Bolter Jetbikes as well, or 1, and give him some upgrades (a Power Sword and maybe Digital Weapons to the Praetor).

Thanks for the feedback Hesh, However I'm just gonna ignore most of it lol. A lot of what 30k is to me is the balance between fluff, cool models, and battlefield effectiveness. I know exposed Terminators may be a bad idea, but I've also seen crazier stuff work in 30k. Also I know the Knight can't technically be taken, but we're gonna house rule that one because it's silly that you can't have a lone knight ally like you can in 40k.

Also I refuse to take any dreadnought chassis but the Contemptor. I hate the walking dumpster bots and probably always will. Thanks for the tips though! 

Nice to see someone honest lol! I agree that the legion dreads look pretty awful next to the Contemptors. As for rules; the ubits you've taken are far from bad, but I'm one of those who likes to work on getting the best I can out of the models. I can't paint to save my life, but the gaming side... Well, this is my kung fu instead.

Unfortunately, not everyone likes '10th Dan' or whatever level you want to call it advice, so its nice to see people still being able to enjoy the game without 'gaming hard'. At the end of the day, it is still the same baseline list, and the units you have aren't bad at all.

Wish you luck and victory good sir!

Thanks dude, I'll be sure to put up some batreps in the 'Fury & Zeal' thread. Also I have thought about swapping out the Terminators with a Sicaran Venator to actually have some long range AT. Either that or a regular Sicaran.

Your Knight Acheron having a D Strength Chain Fist should be able to deal with most things, especially at 2k points. Coupled with its 3D6 run move, not a lot of things will out run you.

A Normal Sicarian, I think, would be a more rounded choice if you ever wanted to replace the terminators.

Archived