Flying Monstruous Creatures - Swooping and Gliding

GreyCrow

I have an idiotic question that I might have seen played wrong in the past few games, but one that could prove very important for a battle I'm having tomorrow.

I'm fighting a 2000 points battle against the Tyranids and I'm pretty sure the opponent will bring at least 2 flying Hive Tyrants. Now, the game rules say that if a FMC starts on the board, it begins the game in gliding mode.

Here are the few questions that could very much make or break the game for me in the deployment phase, and I'd be forever appreciative if you could help me secure an answer :

- If I have the first turn, I can imagine that they remain in gliding mode throughout my first turn, even though they can still jink.

- If he gets the first turn, can he immediately switch to swooping mode because it is his first movement phase ? Or is he forbidden to do so because this is the start of the game ?

Thanks a lot for your answers guys ! :)

Well if you go first the FMC is gliding. At the start of any of your opponents movement phases (including the first turn) he may change any of his FMC flight modes. So, yes - he can change them to swooping at the start of his first movement phase if he wants.

Archived