++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - April ++

Kor'Vesh

---- April ----

Welcome to April's Casual 30K hobby challenge. We all know how this works by now, pledge some models to paint this month, build your armies, and enjoy the opportunity to stick it to the traitors/emperor. We ran an intra-Iron Hand battle last month too, and if I see a large number of players from the same legion this month I might declare another internal fight, just to keep things interesting!

Full rules can now be found in the Hall of Victors thread - where anyone involved so far should feel happy to post their full army shots!

Finally, this is likely the last month before the ETL. Pledge and pledge well, but leave yourself some work for the interforum challenge as we want the Heresy forum to make a real push this year!

So brothers and sisters, for the Emperor or for Horus let's see some pledges!

Woo! New month thread!

Unfortunately, this is going to be my last thread for a while, methinks. I'm moving to Edinburgh in May and living in an AirBNB place until the end of June. The long and arduous process of 'packing' is yet to begin, which means that hobby stuff has to take a back seat, if only to preserve my marriage!

This also means I'm probably not going to be able to participate in the ETL, which I've only just found out about, which is kind of annoying. I'll still be around to cheer everyone on though, and once we're there and settled in I'll get back into painting.

However... I've made a vow to myself to finish off my Fists, so...

I, StruManChu, being lax in my descriptiveness, do solemnly vow to complete the following units in April for the glory of Terra and the Emperor -

• Alexis Polux
  • A Command Squad of 4 marines
  • 2 x 3 Breacher Squad Command Sections

A meagre 11 points for the Loyalist's cause after a crushing defeat in May. Rally to the throne, brothers!

Another Month, another pledge.

I will pledge a Deredeo Dreadnought, 1 Librarian and 1 Legion Praevian for my Word Bearer Legion.

All Hail to Lorgar!

And i think its time to say thank you for your work you are doing here Kor´Vesh.

thumbsup.gif

I Spu00sed, known as Samael, swear in the name of the old god emperor and the names of the new four true gods to paint:

5 auto cannon armed heavy support marines

5 cataphractii warplane terminators

5 Phoenix guard

I also swear to build 5 additional terminators.

If I fail to complete my vow then I shall suffer the penance of listening to the kataphoni known as nicki minaj, until my ears bleed.

I was going to pledge Ferrus Manus this month, but I've lost his head. Yes, I'm aware of the date, and no, I'm not joking.  

I, Ironwrought Huw, loyal son of Ferrus (I'm not a traitor, honest), pledge to build and paint 1 lightning fighter of the Iron Hands Legion. For the glory of the Tenth! 

I might add more, but I'm also tempted to keep an ample stockpile for next month. We'll see how things go. Good luck everyone! 

You ACTUALLY lost his head? That is both heart-breaking and hilarious. I hope it shows up! Best save Ferrus for the ETL though - 450 points in one model will certainly help our cause!

Sad you won't be vowing for a few months after this Stru - make sure you keep dropping by though. I'll give you 2 points for Polux, given that his base is big, he's massive, and I gave Black_out 2 poiunts for Sev in March!

I think 3 points per jet bike too Atia, given that they are massive! Excited to see those bad boys :)

Gizur - Its a pleasure mate, and thank you.

Righty then:

I, Kor'Vesh, in possession of a lot of unpainted resin, vow to paint 6 Salamanders tactical marines in the month of March.

That will get me started. I'll hope to get a full ten done but we'll start with this.

Oh and if it is Possible I will add a Bloodthirster to my pledge to lead my Demon allies.

i think that's ok! Kor'Vesh? 10 points for a Bloodthirster? this guy is huge! (if gizur uses the new model :P)

Why do I find posting to this thread almost exhausting? huh.png

I OwlandMoonGuy, who really should be getting his arse to work instead of posting this, hereby confess that I'm still deliberating what to pledge this month...

I know I have a Spartan & Gorgons to paint but I also want to work on a Pravian and a couple more Castallax for him to pal around with. I also know I'm going to paint an EC test model who may end up being a Champion and/or a Librarian consul.

So my soundlessness of mind confounds me. More on this soon... -OMG

I, Adra'Melek, vow to complete 10 Volkite Culverins for the Infernal Guard. Note these are almost completed, just need some touches on th emain models and the wires attaching and painting. Not sure how it works with scoring

Having failed last month I must attempt to redeem myself. I, ROBOcaster, vow to complete 5 Heavy support marines with Missiles, 2 Tactical Marine Sergeants, 1 Vexilla Marine, and 5 Gorgons.

Gizur - new blood thirster for 10 points. I like it.

Adra - can you through up a picture of their current condition and I'll figure out a score... I'd guess 1/4 points.

OMG - I'd save points dense models like the spartan for the ETL right now. Anything you paint will be great to see though. Those pink EC are rather cool.

Tychii - Pleasure to have you aboard!

I, Depthcharge, do so solemnly swear I am up to no good. I pledge:

+5 Cataphractii terminators

+5 terminators needing to be based (should these guys be worth only like 10 points each for that?)

+Strike Commander Calenhad (working out his points ATM)

If I fail, I must endure jokes about the dark angels loyalty for years to come!

Oh and these guys are pledged for the traitors side!!!!

Jk :P April fools! They are loyalists....

....or are they?

I, Mind of Metal, being of something vaguely resembling a mind and increasingly less sound of it, pledge to paint 2 veteran tactical marines and a delegatus for my shatter legion force and 3 Thallax for my taghmata.

(Basically, I want to leave full units until the ETL).

You ACTUALLY lost his head? That is both heart-breaking and hilarious. I hope it shows up! Best save Ferrus for the ETL though - 450 points in one model will certainly help our cause!

Yup, I done gone full Fulgrim. I put his head on the wire and cork stand I paint all heads on in preparation for priming it, and in the space of an hour it vanished. On the plus, I found the Salamanders tactical support squad sergeant I lost in January...

:X This month might only see my MotL Completion since I want to save as much stuff as I can for ETL.

So, due to that:

I, Slipstreams, Procrastinatorum Rex, doth vow to complete my Loyalist Thousand Sons Librarian (its redundant, I know..) Should I fail to do so, it will not be in the name of Dorn!

I, Nevindar, Scribe-Illuminator of the X Legion pledge  one Apothecary and one Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought

Reinforcements arriving from the Forge Ship yesterday means that there will be loads available for the challenge and ETL!

I, Battle brother DimDim of the humble VIIth do pledge to build one contemptor dreadnought, six Templar brethren, and a praetor/ Sigismund. I know no paint again but who knows, some of that stuff might just get painted!

I, Kydoimos, pledge to paint 5 Templars Brethren of my future Imperial Fists force.

I'll go and check the rules thread at once since this is my first attempt here.

Edit : I haven't received my Templars yet but FW sent them today so I'll be able to start next week.

Adra - can you through up a picture of their current condition and I'll figure out a score... I'd guess 1/4 points.

I think 1/4 might even be too much!  The bases need doing, some of the legs, detail on the sergeant and the cables from the Volkites (bare and unclean at the moment)

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-FGS72GrxzvI/VRnR5R0v4kI/AAAAAAAAALc/QtL4QyuEUAU/s2048-no/IMG_1221.JPG

Archived