Data daemons?

malika666

Hi!

Lately I've gotten rather intrigued by the Dark Mechanicum. I remember there was some mention of 'Data Daemons' in one of the old BL books. So what are they exactly? Is there any info on them? And more importantly: what do they look like?

Thanks!

P.S.: yes, I know it's more of a background questions, but I didn't know where else to post this; this seemed like the most fitting place!

I went to Lexicanum and found this article for you. Although it refers more to an individual, it does mention the Data-daemons you speak of as well as some of their accomplices. As for their appearance, its Chaos - anything is possible, let your imagination run free fellow heretic, or should that be Heretek? msn-wink.gif

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Saphentis

Definitely read Dark Adeptus.  It's a great book featuring some pretty cool lore and a planet that disappears into the warp for 900 years or something.  The Grey Knights deal with these data Daemons at least twice in cool battles.  The Dark Mechanicum have crystals that store data and these programs can move in and out of them and attack.  They fight again at a Titan foundry where the data Daemons can move through a liquid metal like medium that surrounds the area.. it's all pretty well described and is a great read :)

-Brett

there is a couple of weird data daemons in the dark heresy role-playing games, one if a possessed tech-priest, a few other weird ones kind of a like a daemonic AI program :), chaos corrupts everything, why not computer programs.

Archived