Scrounging up combi-plasma

DarkAngeal

Hello brothers,

My question is about the best way to collect more combi-weapons, particularly the combi-plasmas. I want to run them on my Veteran/ command squads, but none of the boxes seem to come with any! Please help, my armoury can't run dry!

All good options.  I've yet to order from FW due to the expense and international shipping, but I did buy one Sternguard box just for the bits and have bid on a variety of combi weapons before.

All good options.  I've yet to order from FW due to the expense and international shipping, but I did buy one Sternguard box just for the bits and have bid on a variety of combi weapons before.

FW's shipping costs are a bit harsh, last I looked they charge 12% of the order value within the UK, so I can only imagine what it costs to ship to the States or similar. As for their delivery times, they're always pretty snappy, at least within the UK, and their customer service is excellent. I once bought some Aeronautica Imperialis Lightnings and got one with two left wings. Phoned them up and they sent me out replacement bits without question.

If you want them all in one go, buy the Forgeworld sets. The most you'll get in any GW kit is two, in the Sternguard box. Though you also get two each of all the other combi bolters as well, plus a ton of fancy parts for your veterans.

Indeed - it's a great kit for bits!  About a month ago, I picked up a box of Sternguard, a Commander and a Command Squad kit - just for the bits!  Eventually I'll build some Marines out of what's left (probably use the bodies and legs for my Deathwatch Kill Team, actually) but I do believe I got my money's worth on bits alone, compared to what I'd have paid on eBay or a bits site.

Definitely, every bit in there is great. Those hefty shoulder pads with the big rims? Nice ;)

The combis/bolters/specials are all really smart too, plus the heavy flamer/bolter, super-cool helmets and those little things like the Grav pistol or empty hands, which can come in 'handy' for that conversion you were working on... Massive thumbs up from me :D

Archived