Prot's Grey Knight Hobby Thread: Voldus Page 4

Prot

med_gallery_2760_10611_14247.jpg

Hey guys,

Here we go, a few more ETL updates:

Finished the Librarian, and the Promethium Pipes! Ready for some incinerator action!!!!

gallery_2760_10663_242596.jpg

gallery_2760_10663_128588.jpg

The Librarian's left hand is magnetized, and swappable with the Combi-plasma, and a Stormbolter. I never seem to have enough points for either though!

Thanks for looking!

med_gallery_2760_10611_14247.jpg

Here's just an update of the full army appearance... This is missing some pieces of course, but I wanted to update with this base I finished for the Stormraven:

med_gallery_2760_10663_189954.jpg

gallery_2760_10663_111461.jpg

A better one of the base:

med_gallery_2760_10663_99495.jpg

A better shot of one of the Dreadknights:

gallery_2760_10663_258368.jpg

And finally a scenic deployment of some infantry:

gallery_2760_10663_40610.jpg

Thanks for looking....

Next on tap, I'm nearly completion of 5 more Purifiers and started assembly of my last squad!

Looks great :)   The pipes look old and worn out.. perfect!  I like the use of the warding stave from the Terminator box on the librarian too.  I was considering this but just ended up magnetizing a halberd sword and hammer for him.   The glow on the staff and face look really nice, I'm always impressed with a good glow effect!  Well done sir.  The raven looks really good too, I like what you've done with the extra Incinerator tanks on the back there, that's pretty original!

Now we get to wait a little bit to see your last set of purifiers with everyone.

Looking forward to seeing it all together again

-Brett

Prot, your airbrush work is really inspirational. I've seen blades done in that style (few with the quality of yours here) but never the windshields on the vehicles; those look really good. Nice job.

Thanks man. I thought you disappeared for a while there. Glad to see you still hanging around.

Fear not, I still exist. I'm a fluff junkie surrounded by clever min-maxers, so it's not often I have much to contribute to threads in here these days. <3 I'd name myself "thade the lurker" but I think that might get me into a cage match of some kind....

I guess that makes you Chief Librarian now :wink:

My "psychic might" ranks somewhere between "flatiner" and "half a second battery charge for the Big E".

"half a second battery charge for the Big E".

So, Epistolary at least then ;)

Ah, it's cool. When the veterans get too grizzled and chewed up, they get desk duty. Keeping the Chapter's records complete helps in a lot of ways. Like remembering the Canticles of Anti-Troll

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome stormraven.

Really like how the red and the white stand out!!!

Amazing!

If u got a 2nd one u would be so tempted to match or push for better results (if that's possible)

Thank you very much but this one got sold. (Regrettably) 

I have a second one coming in the mail. This was such a pain to put together, magnetize and paint, I have to REALLY want it back in the army to do it again. lol

This thread is awesome. Everything in here looks smooth and amazing, well done. I read a few times you may be selling some things? Is that still happening?

Thank you.

Yes everything sold. I have changed some of my techniques on the metallics and badging. So I'm restarting from scratch, everything from the Strikes all the way up to a new Draigo. 

3/4 of the army is built.... points wise, but that means probably 1/2 the models needed are assembled (NDK's are a lot of points!) 

While I've only finished painting one squad, there are several other squads in progress that have steps being done to them that will bring them to a finish in about the same time. 

The Purifiers above are my 'new' squad replacing the sold ones. 

This thread is awesome. Everything in here looks smooth and amazing, well done. I read a few times you may be selling some things? Is that still happening?

Thank you.

Yes everything sold. I have changed some of my techniques on the metallics and badging. So I'm restarting from scratch, everything from the Strikes all the way up to a new Draigo.

3/4 of the army is built.... points wise, but that means probably 1/2 the models needed are assembled (NDK's are a lot of points!)

While I've only finished painting one squad, there are several other squads in progress that have steps being done to them that will bring them to a finish in about the same time.

The Purifiers above are my 'new' squad replacing the sold ones.

Ah, congrats on the easy sell. Looking forward to seeing your new work roll in. Will you helm Draigo or no?

• 1 month later...

Finally.... I confessed burn out on this guy, and he's done. I see things I would have liked to spend more time on, but I don't care anymore. lol

Decal work is hard because I mixed a blend of traditional 'house' decals with some printed Grey Knight/Daemonhunter's sheets. But it's not like anyone cares... so....picture time:

Here is.... Imperator Domus of House Terryn

gallery_2760_10663_51355.jpg

The arms are permanent. Again, I burned out taking a few weeks to put him together. But I did magnetize the AA turrent, the shoulder mount, and the missile pods. The front of the missile pods are also magnetized to a piece of metal inside the housing so I can play with either variant.

gallery_2760_10663_119542.jpg

Here's all his psychically charged stuff igniting vent ports and missile cells.

gallery_2760_10663_32586.jpg

Here's one from the side with libby for scale. Please keep in mind these are pretty blown up so I think the reds look better in real life.

gallery_2760_10663_24548.jpg

+Front shot with AA turret+ And libby.

Again, be gentle guys, I confess to finishing this just to call it a done project. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with it, but after another couple of layers of this, and more washes of that, and drybrushing this... I just decided it had to be done or I'd never move on to the core of the army again.

Time for the boring stuff... for my own use and future reference since I forget this stuff right after I think of it.

The Knight's Tale:

+ Terryn had a dedicated outpost serving near Molech during the Heresy on a large moon called Omnius. During the Heresy, Horus would have one of his first large scaled battles on Molech and plans were laid in advance to remove Omnia and house Terryn from any war actions. While Slaanesh and Nurgle seems firmly implanted on Molech, it was an easy task for Horus to enlist the psychic might of Magnus to 'cloud' the movements and communications of nearby Omnius.

+ With Molech in ruins, and many of the Knight Houses in a state of disarray and treachery, the Terryn outpost on Omnius was suddenly made aware of the heinous acts committed by Horus. Unable to forgive themselves for not participating in the defense of Molech, it would be towards the end of the Heresy that Omnius would make its contribution.

+ The call came out from Malcador and the Emperor. A project was underway that required complete and utter commitment to a new Chapter. One that would hunt and destroy all that defied the Emperor from the warp or otherwise.

+ Omnius and House Terryn answered without hesitation and committed the full remnants of that outpost to the Chapter and the Inquisition. This Knight, Imperator Domus, in particular has been in service since those early times and is often deployed in unique circumstances with specific units of Grey Knights. Justicar Tolumus is the leader of one such squad often associated with this war machine, together they are code named: Squad Omnius .

Haha, rushjob.

He looks lovely, Prot. The blues are super eye catching among all the warm reds and whites (and I've always had a thing for icy blue-white :D )

Archived