Cool Model, said it in the other thread as well.

Maybe I would put a shapeways templar cross on the shin or knee somewhere. Or freehand it.

I need to look into shapeways. Over a hundred black templars I'll need variety at least... Lol.

In the man time in excited to try out microsol/microset. Tho i don't think I have any transfers small enough.

In hind sight I kinda wish I had scrapped the Laurel and possibly skull from that grieve and tried to get something else on their... And added chains. All these chains and I forgot to add any. Then again, as much as templars chain their weapons on, it makes much less sence for an apothecary who needs his hands for surgery...

Acadian Crusade motorpool is going thru an over all. Picked up an LRC assembled and painted black for cheap. Needs a little TLC but overall in very good shape. Also have an entire LR(P/C/R) kit yet to be built.

Anyways, I figured since technically I have a second LRC almost ready to roll, that it counts as some kind of progress.

Hidden Content

qG4aGTlB_o.png57OIbLae_o.pngyPdlHOAH_o.png

Edited by Canadian_F_H

Well. I just used microsol and microset for the first time today. It turned out pretty OK I suppose.

7TPO1w8r_o.pngY4dCZ0qm_o.png

Disregard the dampness. The wash I went over it with was still a little wet. But I'm impatient.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

Mine have gotten shakier over the years, unfortunately.  Plus you will eventually run out of ideas for individual heraldry.  There are only so many ways to paint crosses, checkers and such :teehee:

Anyway, the decal looks good.  How fiddly is it with microsol/set?  The few times I used water it was a real fight to wrangle the damn things.

not much trouble at all.  it was an old decal sheet so i had to make sure i trimmed the excess clear plastic part off first and then after wetting it, i slid those excess pieces off.  then the rest was easy.  there are some simple videos on the process on youtube.

XXy2O3ZZ_o.png

Hid the rest because many big images...

Hidden Content

cqrPvgPD_o.pngMlkhPbDm_o.pngpBth7K0p_o.png24WuML3Z_o.pngS0EYwl5v_o.png4yK9XcUg_o.png

Well. I'm not sure what else to do with this model. So I Guess it's finished.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

I like how the Emperor's Champion has been lurking in the background of a lot of your recent pics and only now has strode into the light :ph34r.: He's very well done!

I'll have to show this to my brother, as he used to play Black Templars back in the day.

I like how the Emperor's Champion has been lurking in the background of a lot of your recent pics and only now has strode into the light :ph34r.: He's very well done!

I'll have to show this to my brother, as he used to play Black Templars back in the day.

Almost like it was done on purpose...

Certain Castellans and Marshalls will be issued with notice to report to the apothecarion for an eye exam. Pending the results of this exam the Reclusium has been instructed to prepare a training regimen with the goal to improve situational awareness. May their padleum never rest.

WIP shots of the EC if interested.

I believe it's pretty much the finished model before priming.

Hidden Content
WRC6SttG_o.pngXTmNeg6u_o.pngQoVJIKKU_o.pngzub5obyX_o.pngbeG56F0e_o.pngZGmvbg6t_o.pngKaRuiUW3_o.png

Incase anyone is curious. For the conversion recipe I used the following

the dark angel primaris lieutenant for the body and legs.

The current resin emperor's champion for the arms, head and inspiration.

the pauldrons and powerplant are from the plastic Mk3 kit (seams redundant since the resin left arm had the same pauldron but the resin was a tad smaller and looked out of place on the primaris body)

Some 40links-per-inch chain around the hands and the pendant.

The brazier and the holy handgrenade bits from the BT upgrade kit made the braziers and the pendant.

Random purity seal from my box full of purity seals.

Green stuff...

i will copy that .... sorry

I would be honoured!

If anything I do inspires anybody else to do anything at all, then I've done what I have set out to accomplish by sharing it on the B&C.

I look forward to seeing your conversion.

On a side note. I have an awesome set of arms with a plasma pistol and a powersword that can go to build something else like a primaris sgt or lieutenant or whatever.

BiTz FoR tHe BiTz GoD!

Excellent work on the Emperor's Champion. What's the red orb chained to his right arm? A jewel, held as a holy relic- maybe a container for an Imperial saint's blood, capable of repelling the Chaos-tainted and Warp-touched?

It is an ancient relic, significant to the reclusium of the Acadian Crusade which maintains the regalia of the Emperor's Champion aboard the crusade flagship, Righteous Vengeance of the 1st Marshall, on behalf of the Reclusiarchy, and the High Marshall's decree sanctioning the Acadian Crusade upon the conclusion of the Nova Iberian Crusade of which the same vessel was flagship and so on into the annals of history dating back to the aftermath of the siege of Terra when the vessel was recovered from the surface of Holy Terra and committed to service in the retribution fleet of the Imperial Fists as they scoured the galaxy of the {excommunicate traitoris}.

The device has been preserved for millenia and carried by every Emperor's Champion that served the captain of the Righteous Vengeance of the 1st Marshall for as far back as records of the Champion's regalia have survived aboard the ancient vessel.

When the champion prepares for battle, he takes his oaths of retribution, loyalty and honor. All the while his armour is being secured and finally he takes up the Black Sword. The blade that has cleaved the hearts of the enemies of mankind, the imperium and our beloved emperor, since the declaration of the Eternal Crusade, when the heraldry of the Black Templars took supremacy across the armour of the crusade host and the hull of the Righteous Vengeance of the 1st Marshall. The blade is ceremoniously bound to his wrist with chain, and at the moment he concludes his oaths with the last syllable of our ultimate proclamation.

"No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear"

The chaplain holding both hands, the relic, looped thru the two ends of the chain, presses it closed with an audible click and shakes it three times to ensure its fastness.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

I had to retrieve it from a case at my brother's house first... But here is a quick sequence of side by sides of my new and old emperor's champion.

Hidden Content
x2NfZsiA_o.pngI2T11qd8_o.pngB2eCHNw9_o.pngz9ccrwGB_o.png

I hope you've all enjoyed this is much as I have. What is next?

I have my new apothecary to paint
a motorpool to overhaul
dozens and dozens of marines to "rescale"
dozens of primaris to "templarify"

And yet other unrelated projects! Many irons in the fire but at least stuff is getting done right? Edited by Canadian_F_H