Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CFH: Acadian Crusade WIP PLOG

Black Templars WIP PLOG Adeptus Astartes Crusade Eternal Crusade Acadiana Crusaders of Dorn Sons of Sigismund FOR THE EMPEROR!

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,453 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I prefer it. I always thought the original had less of a tabard, more of a skimpy loin cloth.

That's why I'm glad I always had the special edition model instead.
  • Canadian_F_H likes this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 842 posts
Love the conversion. I might use that dark angels Lt as a BT lt for kill team actually. But i'd use different arms.
But viciousness and glory were no longer enough. Killing enemies in battle was no longer enough. I wanted to fight the Eternal Crusade. I wanted to win the war.- Reclusiarch Grimaldus
uqpKirY.jpg

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,682 posts

Love the conversion. I might use that dark angels Lt as a BT lt for kill team actually. But i'd use different arms.

THANK YOU! and thanks to any I haven't overtly thanked yet. I'm really glad the whole idea came together so well and the result has paid off!

Yeah, the EC arms are rather distinctive as the EC in most people's minds by now.

I'm honestly thinking of just using the EC as a lieutenant if/when I play KT.

if you give an LT a power sword and then go all out focusing on melee with all the abilities and such the LT can have. He becomes a real beast in melee especially against characters I think...

Edited by Canadian_F_H, 19 December 2018 - 12:48 PM.

The Spanish Inquisitor

The Spanish Inquisitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts

Amazing conversion !!! I would like to say he's perfect but perfection is not human, and what is not human is heresy msn-wink.gif

• Honda likes this

+ You will die as your weakling father died. Soulless. Honourless. Weeping. Ashamed. +

- Sigismund, High Marshal of the Black Templars - 

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,682 posts

Amazing conversion !!! I would like to say he's perfect but perfection is not human, and what is not human is heresy msn-wink.gif

Well said!

The pursuit of perfection is what laid low the heart and soul of the 3rd legion and their accursed primarch. The path to perfection is a false one. It leads only to damnation.

We seek not perfection! We live only to fulfil our sworn duty to serve the Emperor of mankind. Only in death does duty end.

Edited by Canadian_F_H, 19 December 2018 - 02:15 PM.

• Honda likes this

Templar1107

Templar1107

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts
Great conversion on the Emperor’s Champion. Your upscaling project is eerily similar to what I was planning to do with my own Crusade. I’m excited to see more of your progress!

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,682 posts

Great conversion on the Emperor’s Champion. Your upscaling project is eerily similar to what I was planning to do with my own Crusade. I’m excited to see more of your progress!

Thank you! I've put a hold on progress. Waiting on essential components. Might focus on the tanks in the mean time.

Here is an army list i am building towards deploying next year. Hopefully I'll be able to test drive it before I get to the main engagement.

Battalion Detachment (629pts)
HQ

• Chaplain (83pts): Combi plasma
  • The Emperor's Champion (75pts)
Troops
  • 1st Crusader Squad (158pts): 5x Neophyte w/Combat Knife, 2x Initiate w/Chainsword, 1x Initiate w/Power axe, Initiate w/Meltagun, Sword Brother: Combi-melta, Power sword
  • 2nd Crusader Squad (158pts): 5x Neophyte w/Combat Knife, 2x Initiate w/Chainsword, 1x Initiate w/Power axe, Initiate w/Meltagun, Sword Brother: Combi-melta, Power sword
  • 3rd Crusader Squad (155pts): 5x Neophyte w/Combat Knife, 2x Initiate w/Chainsword, Initiate w/Power fist, Initiate w/Plasma gun, Sword Brother: Combi-plasma, Power sword
Spearhead Detachment (948pts)
HQ
  • Techmarine on Bike (90pts): storm bolter, Power axe,
    Servo-harness: Flamer, Plasma cutter
Heavy Support
  • 1st Land Raider Crusader (286pts): Multi-melta
  • 2nd Land Raider Crusader (286pts): Multi-melta
  • 3rd Land Raider Crusader (286pts): Multi-melta
Vanguard Detachment (384pts) {Sword Brethren}
HQ
  • Captain (84pts): Chainsword {The Teeth of Terra}, Storm shield
Elites
  • 1st Sword Brotherhood (112pts): 4x Sword Brethren w/Power sword, Storm shield, Veteran Sergeant: thunderhammer, Storm shield
  • 2nd Sword Brotherhood (112pts): 4x Sword Brethren w/Power sword, Storm shield, Veteran Sergeant: thunderhammer, Storm Shield.
  • 3rd Sword Brotherhood (112pts): 4x Sword Brethren w/Power sword, Storm shield, Veteran Sergeant: thunderhammer, Storm shield

Edited by Canadian_F_H, 30 December 2018 - 04:01 PM.

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,682 posts
I'm wondering how to model the teeth of Terra. I don't want to use just a regular chainsword...

robofish7591

robofish7591

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 837 posts

You could always use the evicerator from the assault marine kit, or one of the fancy chainswords from the vanguard vet kit.  I think the sternguard kit comes with a cool looking chainsword too.

1st Company Marching for Macragge - Ultramarine Terminators WIP
Robo's Anviliarium - Iron Hands WIP

gallery_84735_14657_41554.jpggallery_84735_14657_21278.pnggallery_30308_9518_2534.png

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,453 posts

I have an old model, no idea of its provenance. He's a Mk6 metal marine armed with boltgun and chainsword. The Chainsword is double sided, which is pretty unique.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts

I just love the embiggered EC, what a boss.

Might have to look into copying that in the near future.

Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,398 posts
Man that EC. I'm jealous, he is badass! I may have to do something like that one day. Really a perfect Primaris version of him. I doubt if GW could do better!
"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

++++ The Jericho Crusade ++++
LRW648G.jpgMu0LNbJ.jpgsZ7h6UF.pngeuJimEX.pngslZakJf.jpgP4U1aFX.jpg

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek.
We are the Black Templars. Victory is it's own reward."
- High Marshal Helbrecht

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,682 posts

I just love the embiggered EC, what a boss.

Might have to look into copying that in the near future.

i recommend it!  it isn't that difficult (if i can pull it off that is).  it only took 2 models, a few bits from the BT kit, and some 40 link/inch chain from a model railroad company.

and for using 2 models, you still get a few cool bits left over.  the power sword and plasma pistol will see use!  and i now have some DA specific bits if i find somebody local who needs some parts!

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,682 posts

Man that EC. I'm jealous, he is badass! I may have to do something like that one day. Really a perfect Primaris version of him. I doubt if GW could do better!

thanks! i'm sure GW could do something amazing and dynamic if they wanted too. they dont use real metal chain, but they can make do. lol!

i just wanted to use as much of the original model, conceptually and in actual components. he is definitely recognizable, no mistaking him for anything else which is good. and oddly enough. there isnt actually a lot of templar iconography on his actual power armour. 2 transfers on the pauldrons. but actual plastic icons, the one on his chest is an amulet, and the only other is on the censure chained to his left hand. which is about right since the original EC model doesnt have a single molded on Templar icon.

Edited by Canadian_F_H, 30 December 2018 - 03:52 PM.

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,682 posts
Because I'm not distracted enough...

https://www.instagra...m/canadian_f_h/

Started this... 😂
  • Othniel's Blade likes this

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,682 posts

I, Canadian_F_H, vow in the name of Sigismund, the First Captain of the VII legion Astartes, the first Emperor's Champion, and first High Marshall of the Black Templars.

I Canadian_F_H, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn, in service to our glorious Emperor, to complete THREE (YES 3) LAND RAIDER CRUSADERS by the 2nd day of March 2019.

For Sigismund, Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

UDIArhi7_o.png

From the "one more day for Dorn" thread...

My intention is actually to complete this vow and then follow it up with further vows... Ultimately I have a personal goal to complete a 2000 point force before the end of April. This even nearly sets the pace.

Personal goal

• Emperor's champion completed
  • chaplain
  • castellan
  • techmarine
  • 15 neophytes
  • 15 initiates
  • 15 sword brethren
  • 3 Land raider crusaders

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 842 posts

Sounds like a fun list. I'm excited to see your progress.

But viciousness and glory were no longer enough. Killing enemies in battle was no longer enough. I wanted to fight the Eternal Crusade. I wanted to win the war.- Reclusiarch Grimaldus
uqpKirY.jpg

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,682 posts
Bits and things and progress and such...

TAKBkX6s_o.png
MFiuXOHV_o.png
tZM5Y7bT_o.png
  • Firepower likes this

falcongek

falcongek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars, Steel legion
Are those shapeway shoulder pads?
Theyre looking awfully good.
ETL VI Banner ETL VI Magister Faction Astartes

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,682 posts
Yes. Shapeways for sure. The precise vendor escapes me at the moment...

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 842 posts
I got a fresh Set of shapeways shoulders on the painting table right now as well (with chains on them). I am quite happy with the quality.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian, 07 January 2019 - 11:26 PM.

uqpKirY.jpg

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,398 posts

Pop Goes the Monkey
  • theJoeMan likes this
"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

++++ The Jericho Crusade ++++
LRW648G.jpgMu0LNbJ.jpgsZ7h6UF.pngeuJimEX.pngslZakJf.jpgP4U1aFX.jpg

"Let our feet, steel clad, pressed into the soils of this alien land, remark on our passing. What need have we of plaudit and praise? No matter the laurel of victory, no matter the glories others may seek.
We are the Black Templars. Victory is it's own reward."
- High Marshal Helbrecht

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,111 posts

yes - i bought the same

falcongek

falcongek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars, Steel legion
Hmmmm
Ill have to get me some of those as well.
My metal ones are finally running low.
ETL VI Banner ETL VI Magister Faction Astartes

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,682 posts
ZGoT4Pes_o.png
Vow progress. LRC#3 built and primed.

And a little bit of goofing off...
mwHxxzdm_o.jpg

And now to bed at 1:30am on a work night because "oops" I wasn't paying attention...
  • Firepower, Acebaur and Marshal_Roujakis like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Templars, WIP, PLOG, Adeptus Astartes, Crusade, Eternal Crusade, Acadiana, Crusaders of Dorn, Sons of Sigismund, FOR THE EMPEROR!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users