Vow update!

6CFl6JvO_o.png

LRC one still requires cleaning and repainting. It was never finished to begin with, and the templarupgrade bits are new and thus in news of paint anyhow.

LRC two fully assembled and primed.

LRC three. Now has a multimelta, new sponsons to accept alt configurations. Templar bits added.

Soon on to the painting

• 3 months later...

Folks. I have been absent for too long. I've been having a tough time in life the past year and lately I just haven't been contributing to the board as I want to.

I will be posting some updates here and elsewhere soon. Especially once the overtime let's up next week.

"the crusade is eternal"

• 3 weeks later...

Alright. I must rally to participate in ETL. as it is I failed to finish the three land raider crusaders for the last challenge I participated in. Wandered off into side projects that are easier to do and not get too attached to.

So. What to do for ETL.

well I have 15 boltpistols and ccw neophytes primed and ready to paint.

Don't have any remotely close to ready. I'm going full tru/art/primarisized for all initiates. It has proven rather labor intensive... Tho i suppose I should remember to share some of my progress with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright. After a clarifying chat with captain semper I have 1 important fact to share that i wasnt fully aware of before, followed by what i think i will make my 1st vow.

1st, the facts!

If one is vowing in the space marine outpost, the rules quite literally and intentionally do NOT restrict any one from vowing multiple units from different chapter tactics (or equivelent in thwir respective faction)

So for example someone may vow a salamanders chaplain and an ultramarines librarian and that is ok.

So, my plans for ETL are roughly as follows (points need to be figured out, excuse me)

1 "primaris captain" for the Black Templars

1 "terminator captain" (cataphracti?) for Black Templars

6 intercessors for Imperial Fists (perhaps crimson fists?)

1 terminator Librarian for Imperial Fists (perhaps crimson fists)

1C6JHXy6_o.png

Thoughts? Ill make this vow official some time tomorrow.

Preliminary list...

Captain in Cataphractii Armor [8 PL, 108pts]: Combi-bolter, Relic blade, Storm bolter

Librarian in Terminator Armor [9 PL, 121pts]: Combi-plasma, Force stave

Primaris Captain [6 PL, 86pts]: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle, Power sword

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 102pts]: Bolt rifle

5x Intercessor

Intercessor Sergeant

++ Total: [33 PL, 417pts] ++

There is nothing i see that approximates the cataphracti captains awesome pistol so i just went with a cheap standard option.

Other than that, looks good?

Im not familiar with 8th as i havent a single rule book for 8th yet.

• 3 weeks later...

You're a skilled painter.

W01vd2A9_o.jpg

He's beautifully painted, but I fear he'll be misidentified as the Despoiler and shot by other Imperial forces. It may help if you mount an oversized Black Templars symbol atop his carapace (Abaddon has a trophy rack there). Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

I get what you are saying. The gold was meant to be a throwback to relics of the impwrial fists legion and the official scheme of helbrecht is moatly gold too. And i always look at back icons/banners but always decide against them in the end

I developed a strong distaste for the back banners that were all over GW characters back in the day. I probably wont be putting abaddon's trophy rack on his back either. Will try to mimic his old one without going overboard instead.

I am still thinking about what i can do to bring the cataphractii captain more in line.

Hes Kind of missing on the Red and white Fronts in terms of our chapter colours.

Maybe paint the pouldrons in Red or Black and freehand crosses in the other colour onto them?

Or get the glue on crosses for shin guards from shapeways. They helped me with a few metal models.

There is also cataphractii pauldrons on shapeways I think.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

• 4 weeks later...

Progress...

Tired...

Working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day and being rather ill the last 2 weeks has not been good for progress.

The IF guys are turning out pretty well. Tried to do some weird atuff to make them look like they have been in the muck for a bit. Specifically washing heavily with agrax, but then cleaning the brush and sort of scrubbing the wash off the raised areas. Makes it look like the muck has kind of been rubbed/scraped off in some places, and normally one might not want what i would call water lines or tide marks from your washes, but since i acrually want the model to look dirty it looks more like actually muddy water splashes this way maybe?

O67QRnXy_o.jpgjE8BkzV9_o.jpgZiLAkBHW_o.jpg

This last shot was just to try to get a comparison before i washed the last of the IF guys...

IkKxOi67_o.jpg

Edited by Canadian_F_H

I think the IF Look great like that. Their yellow is way too bright for my Taste before the wash. Washing them makes them look like they have moved in the World.

Maybe you could experiment with oil washes or something like ak interactive dark brown/streaking grime. Those have a longer working time and are specificly made to be applied in the way you describe.

Im always trying to expand the tool box so to speak. For now i have to work with what ive got tho. Time and money constraints and all that. I still have an entire airbrush rig ive never even set up yet... Lol@me

Quick update. I think im going to call the marshall and the IF intercessors "finished" unless i spot something ive missed later.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0zI9whHxLV/?igshid=1atcomp1mhrcu

Now... I am off to play test "killteam Imperial Knight"... we home brewing some narrative missions where a 200pt KT has to take on a lone knight Armiger or Helverine

Thanks. Definitly glad i grabbed the templar bro upgrade kit. And the pauldrons are from somebody on shapeways. Very happy with them. As far as conversions go, its just a few bits but it makes a big difference.

And the KT:Knight game was fun. Obviously experimental, and we were discussing a lot about what we were trying to do with it. The knight won by a fraction of an inch and would certainly have lost from a worse roll on either of 2 "advances" or the last turn's initiative.

So...

The 6 imperial fist intercessors are finished.

The black templar marshall is done.

The black templar cataphractii captain is very nearly done.

The imperial fist librarian in terminator armour is a good ways from being finished.

Sept 1st is the dead line

I have been moved to night shift supervisor at work from 530pm to 600am 7 days a week untill probably some time in september. I might not finish my vow! Dangit!

• 2 weeks later...

finally sitting down at a Laptop instead of a Smart phone.  did some gallery stuff.  posting an update WIP of the 3 LRCs which are my initial vow for SoDE-VI (IFE-VI)

I, Canadian_F_H, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templars to complete 3 Land Raider Crusaders by 11th November 2019.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

Essentially, I intend to complete an old vow that I failed due to personal life issues.

The current condition of my Heavy Tanks is as shown below.

Black Templars Land Raider Crusaders of the Acadian Crusade: SoDE-VI aka IFE-VI (1)

Black Templars Land Raider Crusaders of the Acadian Crusade: SoDE-VI aka IFE-VI (2)

Black Templars Land Raider Crusaders of the Acadian Crusade: SoDE-VI aka IFE-VI (3)

Black Templars Land Raider Crusaders of the Acadian Crusade: SoDE-VI aka IFE-VI (4)

Thank you for this opportunity to correct my earlier failure!