Oh I'm actually pretty far from finishing my Crusade... heck I still have over 50 Templars to build and/or repaint and re-base... not to include vehicles...

I'm just going to ignore these NuMarines though... and try to buy as many of the current Astartes parts that I'd need so that in case they do get phased out (in about a decades time) :p

I'll still have plenty of parts leftover...

@Brother Christopher: I'd take you on... but I kinda smell a Crusade Expansion coming... :p

Still need to pick up 10 BT upgrade boxes to stash in ye olde attic for emergencies...

As for truscaling, this tutorial isn't to bad, and won't be so much work if you skip the reposing the person did.

https://veteransergeant.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/true-scale-space-marine-tutorial/

Ignoring the reposing... you just cut and splice wafers in the legs above and below the knee, and add a wafer at the waist... load up with extra kit

The question then becomes, what to do about the tabards...

Edited by Canadian_F_H

Damn... dilema time... can this or a similar method be applied to this giant pile of mk3 marines I have on spru...

Followed shortly by the dilemma of truscaling terminators...

I think the real question is whether or not you need to true-scale your Mk. IIIs.

They are already a tad larger than standard Mk VIIs (see reference link to SydonianDragoon's crusade:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/329929-the-fortis-crusade/?p=4625610

As far as tabards go, I would recommend learning how to greenstuff them. It's cheaper than upgrade boxes and there's more variety for your troopers and it allows you to adjust their length for the increased height of the Mk IIIs.

In my case, I'm looking at going tabard-less on my Mk IIIs or only putting tabards on a few of them.

I think you have options, but are dependent on what you have an appetite for.

Also, just thought of this, Anvil Industries has tabards and cloaks as well, so you might find something there.

Cheers,

I think the real question is whether or not you need to true-scale your Mk. IIIs.

They are already a tad larger than standard Mk VIIs (see reference link to SydonianDragoon's crusade:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/329929-the-fortis-crusade/?p=4625610

As far as tabards go, I would recommend learning how to greenstuff them. It's cheaper than upgrade boxes and there's more variety for your troopers and it allows you to adjust their length for the increased height of the Mk IIIs.

In my case, I'm looking at going tabard-less on my Mk IIIs or only putting tabards on a few of them.

I think you have options, but are dependent on what you have an appetite for.

Also, just thought of this, Anvil Industries has tabards and cloaks as well, so you might find something there.

Cheers,

Sorry to be bursting a little bubble... had a look at the scaling difference between Mk VII and Mk. III from the link...

the Mk. III's aren't taller at all... they have a higher eye-slit, bulkier armor and bigger helmet... but they are the same height... it's just that the bulk gives the illusion that they are bigger and upon closer inspection, the knee height, elbow height, leg angles, and torso positions are exactly the same...

It's one of those optical illusions of which is the longer line, but in reality the lines are exactly the same...

• 9 months later...

So. A hobby and life update as it is sorta a WIP since it involves the room where I do this old hobby...

I still need to rebuild my room.

The flooring was yanked out... carpet is really gross... if you've ever pulled carpet out you know this and will probably never put carpet in a home again...

But mine was a tad flooded so it was urgent and extra gross... so I don't have a hobby room or jam room right now. So after I finish the closets and redo the flooring I'll be moving everything back in.

Until then I am contemplative of where to pick back up. I am still purturbo's by 8th (as it had just come out when everything was shuffled into the attic) so I don't know how I feel about primaris, my templars, and the upscale plan I had...

I may put all that off and focus on my guard and xenos projects.

Looking for input from my fellow templars.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while. My new bedroom aka jam room aka hobby room is almost finished renovation. With ETL looming and all marines on hold until I truescale them that only leaves one thing...

TANKS

I'm consideri ng pledging a rhino a razorback and a predator that are all unpainted. 2 are relics from my 3rd edition days. When the current models came out and I dumbly glued the the heavy bolter sponsons to the predator... if they cannot be severed then I might be forced to leave them and paint as is...

I have ZERO books for 8th, and no intention of buying in anytime soon. So I might need help with point values for the pledge guys.

Thanks. Will update with pictures later.

• 5 months later...

Somewhat of an update...

Everything is at my brother's house. He and I have been picking away at the pile. My life is a mess and my motivation to do basically anything at all is next to nil.

I've read the 1st and 2nd book in the black legion Series as a bit of "know your enemy" and also for the Black Templars and Sigismund stuff. Just finished reading Helsreach and started Blood and Fire.

• 1 month later...

Alright. Before I turn in for the night. A little something I did the past couple hours or so...

6xpscW4v_o.png

Plan is to take every black templar I have available that is workable, and perform the work to get then to look like the middle model so the primaris and such don't look as drastically off and also so the initiates look suitable imposing next to Imperial guard and such.

It is! But I don't mind. Is actually not that bad...

Make 5 splice pieces (4 of 1mm thick, 1 of 2mm).

Remove legs from model (or spru if starting fresh)

Make 4 cuts with hobby saw.

Lineup and glue legs together with splices.

Trim splices flush.

Glue 2mm bit into torso pocket, glue to legs

Hide gap between legs and torso with Satchels, grenades, tabard etc.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

Best of luck in your monumental endeavour. The results are great. I was considering doing the same thing but ultimately dropped the idea altogether because of the metal models I have. I wouldn't want my Sword Brethren (including more 'regular' veterans and the like), as well as named characters to be shorter than other crusaders, would I? ;-)

Well I've been sick for a few days and that is wearing on me. But I have figured that if i buckle down I can finish, the point shown above, 4 marines during the afternoon on a work day

If I feel OK this afternoon i will get started in earnest.

Most of the pewter guys I have will have to be left behind tho... They just aren't really convertible. Neither are many of the plastic ones either...

Renamed the topic to more accurately effect it's purpose, and added tags cus those are a thing...

Edited by Canadian_F_H

I contemplated doing this for a bit, but realized that if I do, then those with capes or tabards especially the Emperor's Champion model is not going to be part of the conversion and will be left behind... and also I would need to include Terminators, with which I have some FW models of, and they would be an absolute pain in the neck to "True-Scale..."

• 2 weeks later...