+ Sons of Dorn Challenge the 1st +

Dosjetka

Hello brothers and sisters, children of Dorn all!

Welcome to this mini challenge to get people back into this tucked away part of the B&C and to get your painting/writing itch scratched!

To keep this as open as possible, I'm keeping the rules simple:

You vow to EITHER fully paint a single model representing a Son of Dorn OR you write up a 700 word snippet about a character from Dorn's genetic lineage (Note: entries which do not have the exact number of words allowed shall not be accepted). You may start as of today and must complete your vow by 1st May 2015, 1200 GMT. WIP pictures of your model are not required, but I encourage you paint up a new model and not just re-use an already painted one.

Once you have completed your vow, you may post your results in this thread. For completing your vow, you shall receive a special banner to commemorate and celebrate your successful vow! thumbsup.gif

So, brothers and sisters, it is now time to break out your paint servitors/auto-quills and show your dedication to Dorn and the Emperor!

Ave Imperator!

As the battle cry goes: Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of him on earth!

Ill do it March of the Legions style. One model with a brief fluff snippet.

Look, i've spent all of highschool avoiding and BSing my way through 500+ word papers. You aint going to get me this time!

I'm in. Have almost finished building the chap in question, so painting him up was on the agenda anyway.
Harpus Goethe, honoured elder and first commander of the Gatekeepers chapter, formerly of the Imperial Fists, will walk the halls of the B&C by May 1st.

and here he is...

gallery_62421_7348_237136.jpg

I'm in! I'm gonna paint my sgt Garadon (though I'll probably never use him). Sgt, and later Captain Garadon, savior and rebuilder of the 3d will stride among his brothers fully built painted by March 1st. I'll post some unpainted pictures in the next few days. I would do it now but whenever there's any kind of break I seem to receive the mark of nurgle. I'll be active in a while brothers.

Here is my vow, to complete this Imperial Fists 5th Company Captain Lachdannan, by 1st May 2015.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3149_zpsbociivu9.jpg

Some great entries so far. This should be a lot of fun!

Sancti Dorn, stoic defender of the Emperor's throne, honored protector of our birthworld! I, Scrivener to the Praesidium, have been assigned to the Adeptus Astartes, legiones geneline septimo-gamma, to place into perpuity the glory of Terra's sons.

Here's a little kit bash I whipped up today. I'm not really sure who or what he is. He started when an old metal Pedro Kantor fell off my desk and lost his left arm. I took a jewelers saw and file to it and removed the forearm from just below the elbow pad and made a similar cut on the Champion's power sword arm. I didn't really do any planning on this guy, just kind of built as I went. I'm thinking he might make an interesting veteran captain or maybe even a member of the Vorn Hagen's honor guard.

Imperial Fists Challenge

veteran 1

I'll work on some fluff after I get him painted.

Alright, here is a WIP of Sergeant Garadon. This is the second Garadon I've done, I did the first one without a helmet and really regretted it after I finished.

I am also using my custom decal sheet with this guy. On his right shoulder is a small numeral denoting the squad he belongs to and on the left is a small red skull badge indicating that he is the squad's Sergeant.

Sergeant Tor Garadon

Sergeant Tor Garadon

Sergeant Tor Garadon

All that's left is shading, adding scripture to the purity seals and basing....

It's great to see so many people participating! :) I'm looking forwar to seeing/reading your entries!

I have very little forum time these days, so apologies if I don't post here for a couple of days. If ever there's a pressing matter that requires my attention, either use the report button (if necessary) or feel free to send me a PM and I'll respond within 24 hours.

Oh, and I'll be adding a list of participants to the first post, so that you can all see who's doing whatandI can keep track of you all with one quick glance.

Cheers,

Dosjetka

Looks like some fantastic progress is being made. Thought I'd post up a quick WIP shot.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3169_zpsly8usuvi.jpg

Great work everyone. Keep up the momentum!

Cheers!

Archived