PowerFisted: Traitor Sagyar Mazan, The Blazing Suns + other (5.1 general annoucement)

Thanks so much guys :smile.: Feels good to be painting again. I pushed myself on this one- particularly happy with how the OSL and gore turned out.

YESS! this is the :censored: right there.

Whats the process for the slimey gore?

I cant get uhu glue to work sadly. It clumps up on my palette and doesnt want to stick to the model

You know, same. I've watched a few youtube videos of people mixing uhu glue with paint and mine absolutely does not behave the same way. If I mix it with paint it clumps and becomes unusable. So I have to apply it directly onto the model and paint it afterwards.

Gore I've found to be pretty easy. The key I think is texture and different shades of blood. I use the GW blood technical paint and combine it with black, another time with brown, and another time with magenta. Each time I do this I apply it with a sponge onto the gore areas, building up the effect. Once it looks good, I use the technical paint straight from the bottle. This gives it the depth it has. After that I flick on some paint with a brush for spatter and apply the uhu glue. Once dry, I paint the glue using those colors I mentioned before.

Edited by Brofist

I've found this to be true with all of my painting, not just gore.

The exact colors you use aren't even that important- its the depth that they provide when mixed and layered with the base color. As your eye sees subtle differences when paired with the others it interprets a richness compared to using say just one base color and or shades

Cheers man! Part of the fun for me is to come up with crazy ideas and to make them real. The diorama I have planned is gonna be super sick :smile.:

My idea is this: a champion of malal dies and stands before the mirror of apotheosis, somewhere between reality and the afterlife

• 6 months later...

To the shame of the V, when the Warmaster raised his banner at Isstvan, many felt compelled to answer his call. Of the rebellious Sagyar Mazan, exiled and redeemed, stories are still whispered. Redacted and expunged are the tales of twisted brotherhoods who eschewed these vows, unleashing themselves to the services of dark forces, marauding humankind's darkest hour since old night.

XQkb5Wq.jpg

k6SJy2m.jpg

Early concept on a fallen stormseer. Getting ready for heresy 2.0. Hype is real.

Edited by Brofist

Thanks everyone! I'm very hype for heresy.

Visual identity is important, so I'm going to try sticking to a mostly standard white scheme as most models will be heavily converted. I'm going to experiment with some color schemes to make sure I get the right balance. If I can nail 'loyalist looking, but not quite right' I'll be happy.

Brilliant work on the praetors! The AoS bits work really well for White Scars (for a legion with such a deep mystic tradition, it's a shame that the official models for their special units don't really get to show it off compared to, say, the Space Wolves or Word Bearers).