PowerFisted: Traitor Sagyar Mazan, The Blazing Suns + other (5.1 general annoucement)

Wowzers, some gorgeous work you got there, chap! I'll be watching this with much interest.

And definitely go rounded. I used the Puppetwars missile pods, theyre lovely, but those spiked missiles are so detracting, they look rather comical. The rounded missiles look perfect, compact, practical.

A pair of 'old crows' who'll be leading a sneaky grenadier squad for an upcoming VisV campaign. Not pictured: giant demo packs strapped to their backs. I think I'll give the crow on the right a knife for his hand. The left crow? She's great the way she is I think.

jSwzEvO.jpg

Edited by Bulbafist

• 3 weeks later...

I ran a small Tactical Strike+ campaign last Sunday. 9 HandsomeBoiz from around Seattle showed up to slam beers and hams. Some really impressive painting and hobby on display. It's a fun system for smaller games that we'll make available to everyone in a few weeks. Here are the pix of my Stike Force (had to rush my painting so a lot of the newer stuff is only tabletop quality):

WREKF07.jpg

xC8Wvv0.jpg

JdZkmGI.jpg

iKI1gzc.jpg

W3Rgejo.jpg

ByiYYtl.jpg

BlyM8P5.jpg

mAi24mq.jpg

VtGdvNK.jpg

Check out the rest here:

https://imgur.com/a/hB5q9

I took my Corpse Crows with an IW vigilator, some seekers, and some havocs. Ran my crows with tainted flesh and feral warriors. The grenadiers with shotguns were pretty great, though I'd probably give them pistols if I was being competitive about it. Levy weren't that great. Hard to take advantage of their numbers when the maximum squad size is 10.

Edited by Bulbafist

• 3 weeks later...

So6vhGo.jpg

Been trying out new recipes for my IW armor. Trying to simplify while getting more depth to my metals. Each one of these is different. I stopped after oils so there are no highlights at this stage. Going to do a few more I think, but I like the 2nd left and far right the most.

• 3 months later...

Finishing up my corpse crow allies . The force commander and old crows are done, just need to sculpt some fur around their collars:

N0EAzvZ.jpg

The heavy flamer fire support squad turned out pretty badass. Done except for mold lines. AP3 flamers in ZM should be fun:

Xcjlfes.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Pearson73. I never considered playing up their Napoleonic look. Thanks for the inspiration, I think I'll give it a go! Here's a painting WIP of another discipline master:

YhriBpk.jpg

I'm learning a new way to highlight and not happy with him yet, but the results are still pretty good.

Edited by Bulbafist

The coat is excellently painted.

Glad to be able to give you a new angle to look at; I often feel that the Imperial Army descriptions match the more ostentatious styles of the renaissance and Napoleonic eras.

Edited by Pearson73

Cheers Pearson73. I never considered playing up their Napoleonic look. Thanks for the inspiration, I think I'll give it a go! Here's a painting WIP of another discipline master:

YhriBpk.jpg

I'm learning a new way to highlight and not happy with him yet, but the results are still pretty good.

I'm fraggin astonished with this model, is the body stock or have you enlarged the legs?