EX IL - Stygian Jackals

Thanks Grift! I can see the problem with vigiliance and will edit that out.

I was originally going to call it meteoric impact but remembered that the Word Bearers already had a unit with that special rule. I'm happy to make a base rule called meteoric impact if you'd like to discuss it.

• 2 weeks later...

Galyestonn Pripunya

A hulking giant in mortal form, and a monster by gene-hanced astartes standards, Galyestonn hails from the plains of Jairongy. Recruited when he was 16 terran years old, he passed the legion’s tests easily, mastering combat skills in mere days while others took years. Once he became a full-blooded brother, he accelerated quickly up the chain of command, before finally joining the Wodoi. While others joined to prove something to their peers or primarch, Pripunya joined simply to be in the thick of the fight. His native knowledge of the Tecoma spear meant that his insight was valued by his brothers, and even though he was as insubordinate as one could get, his charismatic nature meant that he was never once trialled for misconduct. He was wholly respected and admired by his peers. After his 67th terran year, he was promoted to the rank of Skylord, encompassing all the Wodoi under his command. Since then he has earned distinction as their lord, earning many combat honours for his valiant service and dedication to the protection of legion officers. For one who is so shunned, he performs his duty with remarkable vigour and energy, perhaps to persuade his primarch that the Wodoi are worthy of respect after all.

165 points

WS  BS  S  T  W  I  A  LD  Sv

6      6   4  5  3   5  3  10  2+

Unit Type: Infantry

Unit Composition:

1 (Unique)

Wargear:

Artificer Armour

Refractor Field

Master Crafted Tecoma Spear

Frag and Krak Grenades

Jump Pack

Special Rules:

LA (SJ)

Vigilance

Meteoric Impact

Master of the Legion

Skylord

Skylord: Wodoi squads are troops if Galyestonn is the warlord of the primary detachment. In addition, Legion Veteran Tactical squads may take jump packs for +35 points a squad.

Edited by Praefectus Invictus

• 4 weeks later...
I need Invictus to pop up again. Got ideas for a story from the first encounter with the Qarith, and obviously there's a solid framework for that event, but I need his advice on characters and other stuff. Apart from anything else, it's an opportunity to show the Legion's routines of preparation for (what they think is) a typical recce of a new world. Edited by bluntblade