++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

Gonna give it a shot. My first idea was to use the Knights of Blood warband colors. 

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120730083854/warhammer40k/images/d/dc/KnightsofBlood2.jpg

I'm definitely going to use the above scheme for a unit or two. Possibly possessed or berzerkers. But by and large, I think I want to go with brass.

Using the sigil for sure, though:

11150982_812619175452658_761198520340804

I like the background on the one Warband that zealously persecutes those who choose lesser/false gods, or do not worship khorne to their exacting manner...which was why when I had Red Corsairs Khârn was a former Chaplin who judging those of his flock as not worthy when he killed them.

I'm going to use the awesome Khorne rune that looks like the Punisher symbol though, it's way more fitting than the...Chthulu Khorne Symbol (which you would think would be in the Roarshach-y Warband.

I'm probably going to just stick with "meat and potatoes" red edged with Bronze.

Ok guys heres some backgrpund for my daemonkin warband/chapter/legion

"Dear Mortal you wonder who i am i am Karulagar Captain of the 48th company of World Eaters. Once we were just slaughterers with no purpose and from the start of thr Heresy that os what we was. However when our lord and father Angron ascended on Nuncia i realised i had a purpose while Angron may be my father by the fact i had his geneseed in me The Blood God is my true father. After Horus fell we fled to the eye and for what felt like centuries we were at war with the other legions and even our own brothers. It wasnt until the so called whoreson Khârn betrayed us and broke our legion that i took my company on a 8000 year long crusade where i was sent visons by our true father. He showed me thst through blood and sacrifice i could build a new legion one stronger and more lethal than the World Eaters ever could be"

The claustrophobic darkness smothered Kaloth and his battle brothers within the Rhino. The air tasted of the rage, anger and frustration of his brothers; familiar senses that tingled within the Marine's mind. Kaloth gritted his teeth, preparing for a potential bloody ruckus between his brothers within the cramped confines, for one or more may succumb to the lust of battle before it had begun, as it had in the past.

"++Contact, 30 seconds...++"

The vox cast broke the silence within the Rhino, and the tension died with it. The eight Marines began to prepare their weapons for the slaughter to begin. The click of bolt pistol clips being checked, and the buzz of chain weapons reverberated within the metal beast. The sounds excited Kaloth. It reminded  him of the feast that would begin. The sweet drought of blood within his gullet, the defiled flesh meeting his mouth, the tearing of muscle with his chain blade; memories of the past that reminded him of his sacred duty to Khorne, the Lord of Battle. 

"++Contact, 10 seco..."

Suddenly, a flash of light blinded Kaloth, as he was lifted into the air by an unrelenting force. The Rhino and his brothers within were incinerated by a beam of pure energy, their souls condemned to the god of war. Kaloth quickly returned to his senses as he began plummeting towards a line of slender, yellow armoured aliens that began firing at him. He roared with pure, unrelenting fury lifting his chainblade, feeling a red mist overcoming his senses as shuriken blades penetrated his armour. As he plummeted into the ranks of the Eldar, a Guardian disintegrated before the marine's sheer mass. As soon as he butchered the Guardian, he set about his bloody task, ripping and tearing into the xenos scum. As the red mist overwhelmed him, his rage was concentrated into one last glutteral cry:

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!!!!!!!!" 

The Wrath are coming. Watch this space!

Ok, so most of my army is compiled at this point, just need to wrap up the build stage.

BT of Insensate Rage - Built and Primed

Juggerlord - Built/Primed, but I want to rework him.

Possessed - Being built, its a great kit actually I should have bought some by now. :p

CSM 1 - Built and Primed

CSM 2 - On Sprue

5 Bikers - Building* 

5 Bikers - Building*

Dogs - In Transit from Poland...

Mauler 1 - Built

Mauler 2 - On Sprue

Rhino 1 - Getting paint stripped

Rhino 2 - Getting paint stripped

Thats the basis of my 1750.

The * on the bikers is due to the fact I am trying to save these second hand models. Primed multiple times, plastic glue (aka: Melted to :cuss) and general assembly issues abound. I got a great deal on them, but I've put hours into cleanup on them already, we will see how many I can actually save or if I have to buy some new to replace.

Archived