++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

Sweet considering he is $265 NZ gettting him at half price is pretty damn good :D oh boy am I going to enjoy kit bashing him :D

Wow that's pretty awesome it does look fanmade as I can't remember seeing it in any GW stuff Iv read at least

How's this sound for a 1K blood host

Slaughter Cult

Bloodthirster of unfettered fury

8 possessed (hey I just like possessed likewise with Beserkers)

8 Beserkers (champ with Melta bombs)

8 blood letters (blood Reaper)

2 chaos spawn (seperate units)

War engine

Maulerfiend

I have excatly 40pts left over but don't know what else I should use it for, probably bad idea taking the blood thirster but it seems like a cool monster to field and at 1K have a flying monstrous creature sounds pretty good

Not bad, but IMO a squad of CSM is just as good and more point efficient than a unit of Berzerkers are... you may even have enough points left over for 2 Rhinos

How's this sound for a 1K blood host

Slaughter Cult

Bloodthirster of unfettered fury

8 possessed (hey I just like possessed likewise with Beserkers)

8 Beserkers (champ with Melta bombs)

8 blood letters (blood Reaper)

2 chaos spawn (seperate units)

War engine

Maulerfiend

I have excatly 40pts left over but don't know what else I should use it for, probably bad idea taking the blood thirster but it seems like a cool monster to field and at 1K have a flying monstrous creature sounds pretty good

Not bad, but IMO a squad of CSM is just as good and more point efficient than a unit of Berzerkers are... you may even have enough points left over for 2 Rhinos
But Beserkers look cooler :D

Nah you are probably right, what's best for a squad loadout keeping them naked and cheap or splurging on extra close combat weapons as well as a special weapon or something for the champ

Random question, but do you think there would be a market for converted juggerlords? I'm thinking of making some and selling them for ~$40 a pop (USD). Is that reasonable? Armed with a power fist and lightning claw for universal use, possibly magnetize an arm for an axe to count as Goredrinker. Is that reasonable?

A fun fact for anyone who may be interested if you do ever pick up the Skarbrand kit he actually comes with a spur from the actual bloodthirster kit with most of the weapon options. God I love GW I :D now I don't have to try get extra bits to try converting him into a blood thirsters as he already comes with them. Still debating whether to keep him with his cool damaged wings or try and get hold of the normal bloood thirster's wings

Random question, but do you think there would be a market for converted juggerlords? I'm thinking of making some and selling them for ~$40 a pop (USD). Is that reasonable? Armed with a power fist and lightning claw for universal use, possibly magnetize an arm for an axe to count as Goredrinker. Is that reasonable?

Look... I said I'd buy one... not open a store. lol ;)

I think the market for that is probably bigger than a lot of other conversions because quite frankly the stock model is super dated, but it is something KDK and even World Eaters players end up buying/using.

So, 8th rumors look pretty exciting. I actually think a few of those changes being talked about could really add some power to KDK

Yeah especially with charging units going first, should mean most KDK stand a good chance of inflict serious damage if they get the charge in though I bet "certain" factions will get rules to ignore it and go first instead regardless

Look... I said I'd buy one... not open a store. lol :wink:

I think the market for that is probably bigger than a lot of other conversions because quite frankly the stock model is super dated, but it is something KDK and even World Eaters players end up buying/using.

Gonna see if I can sell 3. :P

So, I'm thinking of heading to Throne of Skulls in June with my Daemonkin. At 1850, how relevant is the extra Blood Tithe each turn from the Blood Host and the extra effect to your Slaughtercult?

I ask because I can drop 400 points from my usual 2250 list by getting rid of the Bloodthirster and Possessed squad, then just putting the remainder of the Slaughtercult and the Maulerfiends into a CAD. If I need to lose the 150 elsewhere, it'd probably be in bikes and Flesh Hounds.

Dragonlover

So, I'm thinking of heading to Throne of Skulls in June with my Daemonkin. At 1850, how relevant is the extra Blood Tithe each turn from the Blood Host and the extra effect to your Slaughtercult?

I ask because I can drop 400 points from my usual 2250 list by getting rid of the Bloodthirster and Possessed squad, then just putting the remainder of the Slaughtercult and the Maulerfiends into a CAD. If I need to lose the 150 elsewhere, it'd probably be in bikes and Flesh Hounds.

Dragonlover

Just to say but also worth checking out.  Your usely allow multi list to Throne of Skulls.  I usely take two list with me during last year Throne of Skulls event.  One with my core units that always been there.  The other a unbound or pretty much just give me deadline & try out units, so Sept allow me to use Possessed for my Iron Warriors & then a idea I had about Maulerfiend along side my Chaos Knights.

While March last year was a unbound Terminator list & then very last moment bring my Knights as well just give me a deadline get them done.

Throne of Skulls is not a super hardcore competitive event like say the ETC.  Don't expect deathstar or warp spider spam list for exsample, it rare you see any internet list & there a wide range of armies, barely any two list are the same.  To me, it great as Warhammer World allow everything, unbound, Forge World, etc... but no one really goes over the top.  In my view the way the event are ran is how 40k should be done & it fun, lot my best games been from the Throne of Skulls events I've attended since 2010.

As always I strongly suggest people try out the Warhammer World events.  The event team so a really great job & Throne of Skulls Sept last year is still by far the best events I've been to, been lot great once, but that was by far the best one.

​Again send the event team a email just double check.  Just more encase this help out.

So it turns out that's my bosses 40th birthday weekend, so I have prior commitments. Bloody typical. Maybe next year.

Dragonlover

There are more Throne of Skulls & other events that Warhammer World though out the year :D  I'm aim Sept/Oct time, just waiting for the date to be announce which is usely two months before the event.

So, 8th rumors look pretty exciting. I actually think a few of those changes being talked about could really add some power to KDK

Yeah especially with charging units going first, should mean most KDK stand a good chance of inflict serious damage if they get the charge in though I bet "certain" factions will get rules to ignore it and go first instead regardless

That and I really hope weapon modifiers will give us some edge in CC.

So, my LGS has started up another 40k League. I don't know if your guys' own LGS do the same style but ours is currently 1850 points, 1 LoW limit, but you're allowed to change your lists as long as you keep the same primary force.

I decided to use KDK for this league over my Space Wolves. First game for me was yesterday and it was super interesting. My opponent was using a Nids flying circus list including 3 harpy's and 4 flyrants. I'm using a standard slaughtercult/gorepack combo, but I also decided to fit in the Khorne's bloodstorm formation. I think my list should hit pretty hard but after I mowed down his tiny winged creatures things I just couldn't do anything vs all the FMCs. I didn't have the guns at all to force grounding tests as he took my bikes out pretty quick. I fared pretty well against him until turn 5 where everything went down hill quick. Mission was 'The Relic' and it was pretty easy for him to just shoot and vector everything that was on the table. =(

Anyone have any tips for facing lists like that? 

• 2 months later...

Is KDK no longer a thing in 8th edition? 

The Index books are just a get you by for the time been.  Like 2nd ed going to 3rd ed, all the army list where that the back of the 3rd ed rule book.

Once codex Chaos is release (who know when?) then there should be rule for them, judge what been posted on the 40k facebook page.  I might be wrong, but all we can do is wait until the release.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it from any books/schemes by GW or is it fanmade?

That is fanmade Juggernut, really cool aswell if you ask me. The original can be found here:

http://mordorlegion.deviantart.com/art/Khorne-Wolf-Designs-300677513 

The beauty of the Khorne symbol is that it allows for so many additional designs, likely because it's so mirrored in shape, it's like a number aswell. I've seen some cool Khorne Eights in the past aswell who reminded me of this. I think that if you make the symbol blue and would use this Wolf symbol on pre-Heresy World Eaters you could recreate some very sinister foreboding.

Afterall Khorne loves Wolves too, so this symbol could also work well for Space Wolves Traitor Chapters. 

Is KDK no longer a thing in 8th edition? 

The Index books are just a get you by for the time been.  Like 2nd ed going to 3rd ed, all the army list where that the back of the 3rd ed rule book.

Once codex Chaos is release (who know when?) then there should be rule for them, judge what been posted on the 40k facebook page.  I might be wrong, but all we can do is wait until the release.

Indeed, the one advantage I think we have over Slaanesh is that GW really liked a lot of the Daemonkin designs and also upgraded them and put them into the Blades of Khorne book for Age of Sigmar.

If anything I even hope that the new book will not be called Daemonkin but will be called Legions of Khorne, refering to both the Heretical Astartes Legions and Daemonic Legions. Within that future design I expect another return of the Blood Tithe points.

Judging by what we see in the Forge World book I wouldn't even be suprised if an 8th rendition of Khorne Daemonkin would use the same principle as that of AoS. Meaning for each destroyed unit (both yours and your opponent) you obtain one Blood Tithe point. In that case I hope we can use them either to add an additional dice for Daemonic summoning (so we can summon Skarbrand and Bloodthirsters more realistically) or use them to Deny the Witch.

In any case the latter obviously is all wishful thinking but if you want to have some glimpses of the future I think 40K will stick close to it's younger AoS brother this time. As the whole top to bottom design in 8th is very much influenced by Age of Sigmar's design. It basically took the good parts of AoS and removed the parts in AoS that still feel so-so. 

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

one quick question. I still have a skull cannon / Blood chariot not built from a start collecting boxe. In 7th, the choice would have been pretty obvious but I've read that skullcannon is not as good as it was and the bloodchariot seem a nice addition to a melee force of bloodcrushers except that it's slow and has only a 5+ (that can be mitigated by the accompanyoing unit).

What do you think ?

• 6 months later...

Anyone pick up the new Daemons codex? Is there anything in there other than deepstrike stratagem that is going to play well with World Eaters?

Well there is a lot of stuff in there that might be interesting.

Daemonic Incursion, 2, allows you to return a full unit if it was destroyed by Grey Knights. No points required for matched play.

Daemonic Possession, 1, allows for 2D3 mortal wounds if Perils of the Warp is suffered.

Banner of Blood is great for charges, though not that special for WE because you need a Daemonic Icon.

Frentic Bloodlust, 3, allows a Khorne Daemon to fight again. This can be interesting on a Lord of Skulls for example.

For the upcomming year I will also focus on a mixed CSM and Daemon Khorne army though so I think this topic will likely stick around for such discussions. While my plans arn't completely fleshed out yet I do think a nice start can still be recreated by the past KDK army lists. A great way to really fill up Detachments is to use a lot of our melee infantry (both CSM and Daemon) to have the numbers to outnumber our opponent's unit and have the durability to stick around in the game. Especially Bloodletters seem great. I am uncertain if I want to go for units of 20 or 30. The advantage of 30 is obviously durability but the costs attached to 20 are easier to include as 30...

In that same vein I do still not see a massive requirement for Greater Daemons. It's a bit of a shame because the Bloodthirster is such a cool model. Having said that I can see the use for including one as a general. But since it is ideally deep-striked I also believe that generally speaking there is only enough room to include them if you go full Daemon instead of CSM + Daemons.
The fantastic in-between remains the Daemon Prince offcourse. I'm looking forward to read if we can mix the Artefacts from Codeci here, as we do have the model with all the Keyword and equipment requirements. A Khorne Daemon Prince from the World Eater Legion with Skullreaver could end up being amazing altogether. But we'll see how that pans out with the next Errata/FAQ covering Codex Daemons. Something I do think we can count on remaining is the option to deep strike those Bloodletters and quite frankly this is good enough.

For those who want to go wild and experiment with deep striking a Lord of Skulls, feel free to cover how it went for you in the game! I don't own a Lord of Skulls but I do plan to pick up one if we can continue to deep strike it. Not that I will do this all the time but I do think this is a great reason to have one.  
What I like in general is that this giant toolbox of Khorne options in my opinion has once again removed the need for Psykers in our armies. Which I really like. As a 3d6 charge certainly isn't Warp Time but it also isn't that far away from it considering we have all the re-rolls and adding to the roll options we might ever want to have. 

Small impression from browsing the book the first time:
++ UNITS ++
- Bloodthirsters are all cool, still on the expensive side but not by way too much. I don't really know how they continue ending all up in 340 range. I do believe that the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster is the best allrounder but the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage is now amazing against infantry units aswell. Those who would be the prime picks. If I had to re-cost them they wouldn't be much cheaper though, it's somewhere in the '10-20 points feeling a little too expensive'. As a general with Warlord Trait and Artefact their cost is certainly validated though.
- Skarbrand can be really cool but it's a pitty his Morale lock is now not guaranteed. On the other side, deep striking him means the bubble is easier to use in your advantage too. He seems allright but I don't think we actually have infantry who needs this or is cheap enough to totally go nuts with the additional attacks.

- Skulltaker and Karanak are useful as always. What is nice about them is the added Locus so all in all they only got better and there is more reason to include them. Skulltaker is actually a good character assassin too. 
- Bloodmaster, Skullmaster and Throne of Blood are all options. I think Blood and Skullmaster are the best choices still for cost. What remains a bit sad is that they can't stop Psykers or anything like that... Still good though.
- Daemon Prince, seems great when he's your chosen general. More on that in Artefacts and Warlord traits.
- Bloodletters are just great choices and the prime selling point for including Khorne Daemons for me. There is very little they can't do now. Keep in mind they are squishy but yeah this is exactly why I wished for a deep strike stratagem and we got that.
- Bloodcrushers are cool on datasheet but feel a little to expensive. For Daemon heavy armies I can see their benifits, for the mix less so.
- Fleshhounds remain a nice tool to deny the witches. Again for Daemon heavy armies I see their benifits being high, for the mix less so. 
- Skullcannons are relatively cheap HS choices and cheap is good for both CSM and Daemons. 

++Stratagems++
- Denizens of the Warp is amazing and what gives all Daemons a competitive edge in this book. Couldn't have asked for more.
- Daemonic Possession is an awesome way to punish Psykers. Situation will tell you if you want to use it.
- Warp Surge is another great reason to run with at least one massive blob of Bloodletters. Still costly but it can make the difference.
- Banner of Blood is amazing and what gives Khorne a competitive edge in this book.
- Frentic Bloodlust can be really cool if it's required.

In general though I think a lot of CP are spend before the battle due to Denizens of the Warp and Banner of Blood combinations. Quite frankly going this route is what makes us amazing in my opinion. What's important to keep in mind though is that by going this route our tactic obviously becomes predictable. Though as a Khorne player I couldn't care all to much because close combat is our home.

++Artefacts and Warlord Traits++
- Glory of Battle can be neat for Bloodthirsters/Daemon Princes.
- Devastating Blow can be neat for Daemonic Herald equivelants.
- Rage Incarnate seems amazing for Bloodthirsters.

- Armour of Scorn certainly is fluffy and seems fun too. Good for Bloodthirsters in my opinion.
- The Crimson Crown is unfortunatly not that amazing on the Bloodthirster but still can be used. Here Daemon Princes do benifit and in general it can be a great choice for Heralds too but I deem it unlikely a Herald will be the choice in 2K+ battles.
-  A'rgath and Skullreaver are fantastic choices for Heralds and Daemon Princes, but in particular I love the idea of a Daemon Prince holding Skullreaver. S10 is relevant enough and assumming the second part of the ability gained always applies makes him a legit terror. 

In general I'd say we have potent HQ choices like we should have because of these Artefacts and Traits. I think the most common advantage or worthy and easy to include general will be a Daemon Prince holding either blade. Alternatively Bloodthirsters are also a great choice with Rage Incarnate and one of the Artefacts.
I personally can't wait to field a mixed army again. I have no set plan yet but it's bound to be something something 2x 8-10 Berzerkers in Rhino's, 2x 20-30 Bloodletters and angry Khârn.

Commissar K, I'm just happy I can field the Army I always wanted to do with KDK in 7th. Khârn rolling in a Spartan with Berzerkers (and some cultist when Khârn feels like rolling some friendly heads) is a huge threat to the opponent. Having a Rage Thirster on the table at the same time forces the opponent to make some decesions because way too much carnage will ensue if you let the Thirster live and make it to combat. The Spartan with Khârn and buddies does the same but has the added offensive power. 

I think deepstriking Bloodletters or possibly a Rage Thirster into the back field while the Spartan moves up may be something I try. 

Archived