++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

Now to post in the right thread. Accidently posted this in the "Khorne Daemons" one. 

Had a pretty great game against the Blood Angels with my KDK lite Army.

Right now all my other models are packed up so I brought:

World Eaters Battalion 
HQ: 
Khârn

Exalted Champ: AoBF, Chainsword

Troops:

x10 Cultist w/ CCW

x8 Zerkers: Champ w/PF, BP, x2 PP, x2 Chainaxes, IoW

x8 Zerkers: Champ w/PA, BP, x2 PP, x2 Chainaxes, IoW

DT:

Rhino

Super-Heavy Aux

Spartan Assault Tank

Auxiliary Detachment

Rage Thirster

1484 pts

-------------------------------------------------

He brought

Chaplain w/Jump Pack

Captain w/Jump Pack (warlord)

x10 DC w/ x1 TH, x1 PF

2x10 AssMarines w/ x1 Melta, x1 Flamer and I think power weapons on the champ but I can't remember

x5 Scouts with snipers

x1 furioso

Land Speeder squadron x3 w/ x2 MM each.

Mission was the relic. Deployment was Spearhead assault. Running a Spartan and a Thirster in the same list is works awesomely together. I haven't played against a really shooty army yet with this list but so far my opponents have struggled to cause enough damage on either one of them before they get assaulted. I really love home much fire power the Spartan lends to the World Eaters. It is the one unit I wish I could have used with my KDK in 7th. After my second game playing it I think Thirster needs to be more survivable.. I didn't have the codex at the time of this game and didn't search through battlescribe enough to find the 4++ armor relic I could have given him. That would have made a little bit of a difference but as much as I love the model I still think Thirsters are overpriced for what they are. Thirsters IMO are still very much glass cannons. I think in my next game with this list I'm going to make the Thirster my warlord and see how it performs with the 6+ fnp and see if that makes any difference. Kharns warlord trait is probably better though. Unfortunately we had to end the game after T3 due to time constraints. I only had Khârn, my Spartan with 6 wounds, and 3 Zerkers left on the table. He had the furioso, the scouts, his warlord, and a few DC and AssMarines remaining. 

I keep seeing everyone say the Daemon Prince outshines the Thirster. I'll have to try one out with a blob of bloodletters and see what I think about the difference between those units vs the bloodthirster.  

Yeah I'd certainly test the Reaver Prince soon (with Artefact axe). I too think the Bloodthirster in 40k just is a little to expensive. Now truth be told it could also be that other choices are too cheap but I think that at least 10 points could be cut of the Bloodthirster OR it should have the option (like in AoS) to deny a witch... It's the most expensive GD of all and while great it isn't perse the best GD of all. The Prince offers a much cheaper alternative now with a very similar damage output, give it a go. I think you'll like it.

In addition I also wanted to post this link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/343415-recreating-khorne-daemonkin-for-8th-edition/ we now have two Khorne Daemonkin topics and I think the Mod intention is to use this one in the link now? As this topic was founded in 7th edition.

In any case, I am very happy with the Khorne army that contains Bloodletters and Khorne Berzerkers. The Khorne Daemon Prince adds a wonderful tool to this army. It's also the first time that I'm considering the use of two Artefacts as the Sword Prince is easily a great choice too!

Commissar K, I was under the impression this was the KDK community thread.. for general KDK discussion and the other thread was made for how to use KDK in 8th edition. Prot created that thread because Daemonkin players were posting in the 8th Khorne Daemons thread, not because this is a 7th thread. I think we're still good to continue in this one?

I think the Bloodthirster should come with something that allows it to gain D3 wounds back after completely destroying a unit. It's really a problem that there is no way for wounds to be put back on Thirsters. 

Archived