Skitarii Colourschemes!

Charlo

well done Kilofix thumbsup.gif

your pace is amazing (although i don't need to use the emperor's Tarot to see you are not married with children tongue.png )

i really love the Black and orange as seen on the awesome Onager!!

cheers Mithril

This is how my Knight looks atm, I'm wondering whether I should follow the same scheme for the troops and have red robes with blue armour or flip it so they have blue robes and red armour, same also for the onager and other vehicles, majority blue or red?

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ij6wzb.jpg

This is how my Knight looks atm, I'm wondering whether I should follow the same scheme for the troops and have red robes with blue armour or flip it so they have blue robes and red armour, same also for the onager and other vehicles, majority blue or red?

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ij6wzb.jpg

If you want to show allegiance to Mars, go with red robes. It would fit with the Knight colour-wise, too.

Blue outer robes with red interior.. keep the red close to your machine-blessed cardiopulmonary upgrade? 

Go wild and paint the robes black/white checkered with red armour?

Nah, I have to agree with Mehman. Red robes. And Blue armour. If you did it the other way it may be a sea of blue around your knight.  

Hmm, you know, I noticed that Kilofix did not mount his Onager to the base. Aren't we required to mount models on the bases that come with the kit to use them in games?

If not, I have some quick conversion work to do . . . cool.png

Hmm, you know, I noticed that Kilofix did not mount his Onager to the base. Aren't we required to mount models on the bases that come with the kit to use them in games?

Unsure, but it would make sense to if they come with a base. honestly I find it weird it does when most don't.

could be he just left it off in order to paint it; since im starting mine, i can tell you the base is a pain to work around and i removed it so i could continue on.and having the pads in the way makes it that much worse.

If not, I have some quick conversion work to do . . . B)

Couple of things:

1. I have this OCD thing whereby it irks me if the base doesn't match the terrain I'm playing on, lol (I know, I'm odd). So when I can help it, I avoid mounting stuff on bases.

2. Almost all my other multi-leg walkers didn't come with bases. E.g. Chaos Defiler, Daemon Soulgrinder, FW Bloodslaughterer, Necron Stalker, etc. So with my OCD again, I wanted to be consistent

Edit:

Also, I didn't glue my upper to the lower, I magnetized it. And I didn't glue my sand shoes either.

Couple of things:

1. I have this OCD thing whereby it irks me if the base doesn't match the terrain I'm playing on, lol (I know, I'm odd). So when I can help it, I avoid mounting stuff on bases.

2. Almost all my other multi-leg walkers didn't come with bases. E.g. Chaos Defiler, Daemon Soulgrinder, FW Bloodslaughterer, Necron Stalker, etc. So with my OCD again, I wanted to be consistent

Litko make clear bases so you can see the terrain underneath. I don't know if they have them in 40k sizes but might be worth a look.

So that still leaves my question in the air; do we need to mount the Onager on the base it comes with or not?  Because if not, I could save basing time and lower the footprint of the model for blast/template attacks.  It would also be easier for moving it through terrain!

edit:  Another thought; vehicles measure from the gun barrel if they don't have a base, right?  That would extend the range of the Neutron Laser, too!

So that still leaves my question in the air; do we need to mount the Onager on the base it comes with or not?  Because if not, I could save basing time and lower the footprint of the model for blast/template attacks.  It would also be easier for moving it through terrain!

edit:  Another thought; vehicles measure from the gun barrel if they don't have a base, right?  That would extend the range of the Neutron Laser, too!

General rule: if it provides an added benefit not specifically covered in the rules, then it probably should not be done. If it has a base, then it deserves a base. Although, it would be tempting to model small 25mm bases on the bottom of each dunecrawler foot! It would make it more table friendly. It may ultimately depend on the people you play with. As long as they didn't feel you were trying to gain an advantage, it would be okay.

Someone could email GW, but that could extract a numerous amount of flesh-based non-arthropod invertebrates from their metallic container.

For the measuring part, the book says measure from the base if it has one, if a vehicle, measure from the nearest hull. For vehicle weapons, from the gun barrel, which includes all walkers.

...and it IS a vehicle AND a walker. Two of three. Bases need not apply, I guess. msn-wink.gif

Maybe this could be mentioned in the Starting Out 4: Onager Dunecrawler thread.

I guess if you wanted to base your model on a Mars themed base,it would take half to 3/4...or maybe the whole of a pot of iron earth to coat that base to a really good cracked earth level...nice ploy to $ell technical paint GW...you win this battle for now!.

Also if you were entering your army into a tournament and wanted to have all your display bases of awesomeness to match then what better way then to have a huge onager base to flex your basing talents on!! 

Mithril

For the measuring part, the book says measure from the base if it has one, if a vehicle, measure from the nearest hull. For vehicle weapons, from the gun barrel, which includes all walkers.

...and it IS a vehicle AND a walker. Two of three. Bases need not apply, I guess. msn-wink.gif

ahh, no; don't get it twisted; if its supplied with a base, you're supposed to use it and measure distance from the base, or in the case of blast templates, measure over the area of the base. it's if its a vehicle model without a base, then measure from the hull. Also, all walkers bar the defilers, soul grinders, and triarch stalkers, which all have posable limbs, come on a base and are meant to measure from it.

ahh, no; don't get it twisted; if its supplied with a base, you're supposed to use it and measure distance from the base, or in the case of blast templates, measure over the area of the base. it's if its a vehicle model without a base, then measure from the hull. Also, all walkers bar the defilers, soul grinders, and triarch stalkers, which all have posable limbs, come on a base and are meant to measure from it.

Okay, then my original 'General Rule' comment stands. I thought the measuring rule you mentioned overrode it. Thanks for the clarification. It's too bad, I was looking forward to making the onager baseless.

Thanks again for securing the numerous amount of flesh-based non-arthropod invertebrates from escaping their metallic container.

Archived