Avenger Strike Fighter

Sume

Hey guys.  I got my first one in and it was a lot of prep work before I could even get it primed.

I was curious what sort of load outs you guys use on them.  Do you tend to run them stock or give them some of the extra weapon options?

I really cant wait to start using it.

Thanks.

I just gave mine 4 missiles when i tried it out (proxy powerz), this way i could fire its 3 standard guns and fire 1 missile each time. Although you be firing each weapon type 1 at a time so you might not even need to worry about firing all weapons each turn (if you stick to vehicles).

I also run Stock due to having 3 weapons and everything comes in 2s, so you end up snap firing something.

I just gave mine 4 missiles when i tried it out (proxy powerz), this way i could fire its 3 standard guns and fire 1 missile each time. Although you be firing each weapon type 1 at a time so you might not even need to worry about firing all weapons each turn (if you stick to vehicles).

Which missiles? You know they are Ordnance? So ALL of your weapons would snap fire upon using just 1 missile? =P

I also run Stock due to having 3 weapons and everything comes in 2s, so you end up snap firing something.

Which missiles? You know they are Ordnance? So ALL of your weapons would snap fire upon using just 1 missile? =P

Tactical bomb or hellfury missile, cause they arent ordnance if iam not mistaken. (dont think i ever used the ordnance one, cause we tend to have lots of cover on the board here.)

Tactical bomb or hellfury missile, cause they arent ordnance if iam not mistaken. (dont think i ever used the ordnance one, cause we tend to have lots of cover on the board here.)

I have the Hellfury Missile as Ordnance. The Hellstrike is Heavy 1 (and Ignore cover, S4 Ap5 Large Blast), so you could have that, but as you say, not particularly useful.

The Avenger Strike Fighter would really benefit from 4 Hellfury Missiles, definitely ! But as Ordnance, each time you want to fire one of those, everything else Snap Fires, and that's annoying lol

(HellFury is the S8 Ap3 Ordnance 1)

[Edit]:Page 20 is you have Imperial Aeronautica

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know where to get the assembly instructions?

I was given one in pieces without the instructions, by a acquaintance that I'm not real close to.

Coabeous

Hmmm....lemme look around for my paper, but it really should be something you can figure out by trial and error...just look at photos and hold pieces up to one another till they make sense...just like doing a puzzle.  The only hard part might be the inside of the cockpit.

Hmmm....lemme look around for my paper, but it really should be something you can figure out by trial and error...just look at photos and hold pieces up to one another till they make sense...just like doing a puzzle.  The only hard part might be the inside of the cockpit.

thats how I did it if its any consolation.

Hi, I went with the Auto Cannons as I wanted something that gave me more firepower when shooting at armour 12+ vehicles than a stock Avenger.

All my opponents are impressed (and scared) by the sheer amount of firepower it puts out. It appeals to the Ork players as they like anything that has a lot of dakka smile.png

It is a fun plane, but arguable if its great value for points. I use it all the time.

Pictures of it on this site.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.684482164927108.1073741842.354911401217521&type=3

Hi, I went with the Auto Cannons as I wanted something that gave me more firepower when shooting at armour 12+ vehicles than a stock Avenger.

All my opponents are impressed (and scared) by the sheer amount of firepower it puts out. It appeals to the Ork players as they like anything that has a lot of dakka smile.png

It is a fun plane, but arguable if its great value for points. I use it all the time.

Pictures of it on this site.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.684482164927108.1073741842.354911401217521&type=3

It sounds like your opponents have not yet seen how fragile it is though, at AV12 10 10 and HP 2 tongue.png

It IS really good, but can go down fast......

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I checked, my twin brother said you use the latest, updated version of the Imperial Armor for your Forgeworld units, as well as there updated war gear and rules. Does anyone have the most recent Imperial Armor to confirm this?

And are we positive that we can only take the Avenger Strike Fighter. Honestly think that the Thunderbolt would be the best fit as it gives us some much needed Anti-Tank and long-range firepower with its 2x Twin-Linked Autocannons and a Twin-Linked Lascannon. Plus it has 3x Hull Points and better armor.

Absolutely 100% positive that Sisters only have access to the Avenger Strike Fighter, Aquila Lander and Arvus Lighter.

The most recent rules that allow Sisters to take fliers are Imperial Armour Aeronautica. While more recent versions of the Avenger, Thunderbolt and Lighting have appeared, they have only been made available in those lists to the specific Guard regiments the rules are written for, and for Guard armies.

I also find the idea that Sisters struggle to get enough anti-tank in their lists highly amusing.

Absolutely 100% positive that Sisters only have access to the Avenger Strike Fighter, Aquila Lander and Arvus Lighter.

The most recent rules that allow Sisters to take fliers are Imperial Armour Aeronautica. While more recent versions of the Avenger, Thunderbolt and Lighting have appeared, they have only been made available in those lists to the specific Guard regiments the rules are written for, and for Guard armies.

I also find the idea that Sisters struggle to get enough anti-tank in their lists highly amusing.

They don't have a problem with Anti-Tank lol, however they do have a lack of range with the exception of the Exorcist. Still a shame that the sisters only have access to the Avenger Strike Fighter, I like it but I would rather have a flyer with 3x HP and one that can actually be of use for all phases in terms of Anti-Air, Anti-Infantry, and Anti-tank.

What, exactly, does the Avenger struggle with target-wise? The Bolt Cannon scythes through everything up to heavy infantry, and lascannons go straight through aircraft armour... the bolt cannon's not bad against tanks, either, if you get in behind them. The only thing it can't do is take a hit.

Does the Avenger Strike Fighter come with Lascannons base? If that's the case then my Battle Scribe app isn't up to date on that lol.

comes with 2. Stock, Its probably one of the most well rounded flyers for its points. 

Does the Avenger Strike Fighter come with Lascannons base? If that's the case then my Battle Scribe app isn't up to date on that lol.

Yep. Standard Avenger comes with an Avenger Bolt Cannon, two Lascannons and a rear-mounted Skyfire Heavy Stubber that can target independently.

Archived