Black Legion (Imperial) Bastion

Fatespinner

My next project is to build an Imperial Bastion that has fallen to Abaddon and his Black Legion, being repurposed towards the nefarious ends of the Ruinous Powers.

Imperial Bastion Base

Imperial Bastion Door

Here we see the ground level, painted in the black & gold of the Legion.  I've added some weathering effects to create the illusion of a desert world where this obsidian fortress stands.

Second Level Complete

Bolter Turret Close-Up

The second level added heavy bolter turrets and auspexes to the fortress, as seen in the pictures here.

Imperial Bastion Total

Battlement Detail

Lascannon Turret

Finally, the top level includes a lascannon turret with searchlight and various control panels.  The battlement walls were fun to paint, as they include several radar/view screens, charging stations for energy weapons, and some other fun little details.  I also added some grey highlights to the exterior to give the appearance of stone (I found the flat black a little too featureless).  All that remains now is to add some additional accessories to the outside and further condemn this once-hallowed structure to the Chaos Gods!

The actual assembly is incredibly easy, much moreso than I expected.  There's a few gaps in the finished product, mostly on the corners, that could probably be filled with green stuff or something if it really bugs you.  They're not too bad, though, so I didn't bother.

I will definitely be adding some Chaos iconography, but I don't want to go for a full-on charnel house.  I plan to use some of my vehicle transfer sheets to add a Black Legion insignia or two as well as, yes, a few spikes and/or impaled bodies.  :)

Archived