[HH1.0] The Sons of Barbarus : A Death Guard Tactica Thread

I find they are simply effective at cost (7 for 175pts). I run reaping so as you say they are scoring, a good deployment and you can dominate an area.

Yes we dont have the acid shell malarky but the 36" range and volume of fire really hurts most things. Plus it puts off units like thallaxi from floating in to your rear areas...

Nobody wants a thallaxi in the rear.

Edited by Arbarbalus

I agree with the 15-man squad suggestion. Big enough to require focus fire from your opponent, but not too unwieldy on the tabletop. Also cheaper. :smile.:

Glaive is amazing, but it definitely requires some finesse. Perhaps deploying it far to one side with the 2 Sicarans (I'm not sure of your loadout on them, but having 4 heavy bolters is some serious dakka). They can move 12" and still be quite effective, meaning they can flank your Glaive and offer some protection.

Very impressed with your list - it is the right balance of competitive (phosphex Quad Launchers, Spartan) and fluffy (Tactical Blobs, only 1 unit of Quad Launchers). Nice! :smile.:

Thanks Callium - I generally try to go for all-round lists, and I'm just trying to perfect versatility in a list! It was definitely nice to mix it up and not use Mortarion for a change - and give those under utilised units a go.

I'd definitely agree with the placement thing, the additional challenge was utilising it on an Urban City board, so hopefully some alternative terrain set-ups and against some different lists will help show the Glaive's full utility in future.

15 man squads I always play. Gives them a nice balance always give you srg art armour as a min. Usually a power axe and/or melta bombs if s£%t hits the fan

I think AA is pretty standard now! My only concern is over equipping and them still dying..! I tend to not put them front and centre initially, just given the prevalence of AP2. I'm going to need to build some more Sergeants with something more than Power Fists (just my normal go-to weapon). 

Are Heavy Bolter squads that good?

I mean, we aren't DA Acid shells?! Or is it just weight of dice and the fact they sit back and score? ...Plus look fly as hell.

Being on the receiving end of the Dark Angels' ones made me consider them! Definitely the weight of dice, and variable AP, can really put a dent in Tacs - and made me thankful for an Apothecary. I'm not too sure whether they would have the same effect if fielded from a Death Guard perspective, but I'm going to build up a squad for variety (it's on my to-do list with two Missile Launcher squads). I think running the Reaping might be interesting (and something to experiment with), particularly in missions needing an abundance of scoring units - and hopefully would be visually impressive too with all those Marines!

I have 6 standard dreads... sometimes run a pair. Perhaps your are correct i need a deredeo and a leviathan. Hah hah.

Heavy support, definitely congested; medusas, vindicators, predators, wardens, leviathan, deredeo. If only we could make leviathans fast attack.

Edited by Arbarbalus

What is this fast attack you talk of lol??

My medusas' are auto includes most games for me then see what I can include from there. We usually play quiet open so will know if flyer in list or not. Tho dreadeo is good at striping hull points off most things anyway

What is this fast attack you talk of lol??

My medusas' are auto includes most games for me then see what I can include from there. We usually play quiet open so will know if flyer in list or not. Tho dreadeo is good at striping hull points off most things anyway

I am suitably reprimanded for my abherrant thought.

Yeah, normally pretty open here as well. See a few drop pods and flyers on rotation. Often take them down with twin links.

Pretty much settled its a leviathan next for me, think it will be storm cannon.

I will say, it's a real testament to the inexorable nature of the XIVth as to how we keep this thread going when the others aren't as active :wink:

I think this is in part to A) awesome people and B) we dont have any stand out, 'I win' builds so we have to think harder to put lists together. 

I will say, it's a real testament to the inexorable nature of the XIVth as to how we keep this thread going when the others aren't as active :wink:

I think this is in part to A) awesome people and B) we dont have any stand out, 'I win' builds so we have to think harder to put lists together.

I'll take both of those!

How do people equip their apothecaries, mainly for use in tac blobs using the reaping? do they keep them base? also, would you give them rad grenades in addition to the Sergeant or spread the cost around? I'm already giving the Sergeant AA and a scythe.