[HH1.0] The Sons of Barbarus : A Death Guard Tactica Thread

Normally take them as stock with rad. For the same reason given about sergeants dropping in duels.

I also tend to drop them in to heavy weapons squads as stock as well. Each man they save there is worth twice as much if not more...

Apothecaries can take nuncio-voxes too which stacks well with heavy weapon and regular support squads. ~Combi flamer not a bad shout.

EDIT - should be Augury Scanners not Nuncio - thanks to Lord Asvaldir for pointing that out

Edited by disease

IH are my current regular opponents atm. Resorted to poison and phosphex to overcome the ranged -1 strength. Otherwise they seemed pretty squishy up close but i run alot of powerfists especially on terminators.

Plasma still works pretty well too.

It's a shame about the Relic I was looking at that for some grave wardens. 

Yeh Arbarbalus, my plan involved drowning them in rads and then in saves, or see how morti does against them, speaking of which does he need a bodyguard unit and transport? I really want to run a mass infantry list will little to no vehicles as possible, but I'm not sure if footslogging he is a wise move? he seems pretty fast with his ghost walking move.

My only thought with slogging Mortarion is that he'll come under a lot of fire: even packing Deathshroud around him for ablative wounds won't help for that long with their majority toughness. I tend to always run them in a Spartan, but that does naturally ramp up the cost: it does tend to work as an effective delivery model though, even if he's breaking away from them to chase things once they get closer. I am conscious that this'll only work in larger games (don't try it in 2k!), but given what you'll regularly face at that points level - I don't think a unit with that sort of transport is wholly unreasonable, but may make you want to think about alternative delivery mechanisms. If you are confident of hugging cover until you can get him close, then that's positive - or utilising him as a reactive piece when things get closer to your lines, you may have more success than simply slogging. 

I'd suggest trying out options though: depends on your 'meta' and what others take: my only thought would be that if I knew he was alone and how dangerous he was, I'd probably be softening him up whilst he was in the open, but if your opponent is targeting that rather than the rest of your force... Worth weighing up!

Personally, for the Orbital Assault list I'm building towards, I'm hoping to see the Kharybdis offer another effective method of getting them where I want them!

While yes, he could come in a little late:

Vigilators baby!

Outflank a chunk of Gravewardens & Mortarion with a Vigilator and they can arrive, deal nasty ranged damage and also tank a fair few shots for Morty (or he for them!)

Turn after Mortarion charges pretty much anything he wants with a minimum 18" threat range (assuming a charge roll of 2 even)! Add that to the fact he moved 6" onto the board and your opponent needs units to be further than 2" away from the board edge before they start to become safe.

You can augment this with a Damocles (though HQ slots are precious) and an Aegis Line to really guarantee those reserves - The Reaping (which favors an Infantry based build) is one of the few RoW that allows fortifications - the Death Guard bring their own walls son!

Edited by Charlo

Outflank USR:

'During deployment, players can declare that any unit that contains at least one model

with this special rule is attempting to Outflank the enemy.'

Like the scout USR this hasn't been changed. So yeah, an IC riding with Marksmen Vet Tacs in their transport is an option.

Now thats some dirty tactics... Morti foot slogging tends to cop it from everything in sight and more. Have tried with deathshroud but u have to blob them for effective tanking but the toughness debuff hurts plenty. Strongly recommend transport options.

Being a Reaping man myself i find a land raider of some kind pops in the list almost as a matter of course, armoured ceramite and just wedge it up the middle for maximum morti rampage. But then I dont field Morti alot being a lowly field commander from the 3rd great company.