[HH1.0] The Sons of Barbarus : A Death Guard Tactica Thread

Hah hah done.

Just making a vet squad with 2 missile launchers. Was pondering thunder hammer for the sergeant. Would you do scythe on that or go smash hammer? Am plannig to use with marksman...

Edited by Arbarbalus

Power Fist. Paying extra for a Thunder Hammer all for Concussive (which will RARELY come into play) isn't worth it.

Otherwise, a Scythe > Axe for DG and in most cases, striking in a challenge before a Power Fist/Axe can is worth it.

I run reaping or pride. Reaping I run as a gun line with hss and artillery(medusas, mortars and a typhoon) hss and tac squad sit on objectives and score will you pound the enemy lines to dust.

Which of the 18 or so core missions do you play in your group?

The 6 from the Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List?

Gorgoff@ we usually just randomly pic missions. If its scoring I can struggle to get to them as no transports bar a Spartan lol.

I don't play to win anyway just some fun and painting. We also played alot of zm games too with the pride lists come into play. Gravewardens and deathshroud are amazing In zm

With outflanking heavyflamer vets

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm thinking to join the ranks of Barbarus with a Siege of Terra-theme (with the new DG-miniatures) and was wondering how you do a pride of the legion-list with Death Guard? 

I was thinking maybe a medusa or two in Heavy Support and terminators (just because I love the models). Any tips?

Deathshroud are troops with Pride so they make an ace core with I3 AP3 weapons that give a good amount of attacks and 2W each. Shredding hand flamers are cute too.

Deathshroud Power Scythes are AP2. Positioned correctly, they'll wipe out other Terminator units that swing at I1. You'll have to be careful against Legion specific Terminators with 2 wounds (Justaerin and Red Butchers) and units with 3++ invulnerable saves (Firedrakes and Imperial Fist Terminators with Storm Shields.)

So Deathshrouds in maybe a land raider, a cataphractii unit in a spartan and some veterans in rhinos, backed up by medusas?

Do want a strong theme, a competitive army or a mixture of the two?

You could try a Praetor with two Deathshroud in a Landraider Achilles. A couple of Medusa. A couple of Quad Launchers. Take a Siege Breaker and give the lot Phosphex shells. Mix in Terminators in Landraiders or Spartan and Vets in Rhinos. 

More theme than comp, but you grow tired being kicked around at the local meta - especially if you don't have any punch. :P

What would you go for in a 2500pts? My battlescribe has hated since the start of this year, so I don't have any access to it.