ETL IV - What's that noise?

Olis

What's that banging from the basement? Oh yes, that's right. It's the Liber!

Looks like we've been forgotten from the roster this year, brothers and sisters. Now, of course, we could get indignant about it. We could, but we won't. No, what we are going to do is still take part. Now, if you pledge for another forum, then fair enough. That's no problem. Last year we decided to play the mercenaries, so lending our hand to another's cause is not beyond us.

But, as and when E Tenebrae Lux number four hits, it would be nice to have the Liber on the scoreboard. Even if we only get the wooden spoon, it's still a result. Just because we are in the basement, doesn't mean we can't make some noise, eh? tongue.png

For those of you who want to know what this ETL business is all about, here's the rules for the past three competitions:

ETL I
ETL II
ETL III

So come on Liberites, let's see your war faces! Okay, okay, you can stop now. It hasn't started yet. Anyone interested in having a go?

EDIT:

Aquilanus 405 pts
Dragonlover 1050 pts COMPLETE
LySiMachus 280 pts COMPLETE
Pauljam 890 pts COMPLETE

Olis 1150 pts COMPLETE

Demus Ragnok 45 pts

Mehman 370 pts COMPLETE

Brother SP 263 pts

Madwolf Shadowmane 215 pts COMPLETE

Ace Debonair 450 pts COMPLETE

WarriorFish 985 pts COMPLETE

Scion of Ferrus 0 pts (OOC vow) COMPLETE

SW1 530 pts

Polemarch Julius 0 pts (OOC vow)

CommodusXIII 2000 pts COMPLETE

Total 8633 pts pledged

COMPLETED: 7390 pts

Percentage completed: 85.6%

Total after penalties: 6326 pts

Regardless of which sub forum I paint for, every vow I've made has ultimately been for the Liber msn-wink.gif

This year - the Sons of Cruor will finally come into being! happy.png

I am intrigued by vowing for the Liber. Don't let the Lord Commissar know I am as he might have me on latrine duty mellow.png.

How would we do this? Put it in our vow that we may be painting Imperial Guard (in my case) but we do it in the Liber's name? I guess we would still use our respective sub-forum's Strategium for all the workings but be like ambassadors?

Iirc, you vow for a subforum but it doesn't specifically have to be only those models that would be relevant (otherwise certain subforums wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell). And don't worry about the Lord Commissar. We won't tell him if you won't. wink.png

Just remember - this isn't a call to arms juuust yet. The ETL starts the 1st of May.

I am intrigued by vowing for the Liber. Don't let the Lord Commissar know I am as he might have me on latrine duty mellow.png.

How would we do this? Put it in our vow that we may be painting Imperial Guard (in my case) but we do it in the Liber's name? I guess we would still use our respective sub-forum's Strategium for all the workings but be like ambassadors?

That's one way of doing it. We could still make our presence known, even when vowing for other sub forums. After all if every vow made for DIY Chapters/Legions/Orders/Cabals etc, etc were totalled up at the end, we could still make a decent show of force msn-wink.gif

That's one way of doing it. We could still make our presence known, even when vowing for other sub forums. After all if every vow made for DIY Chapters/Legions/Orders/Cabals etc, etc were totalled up at the end, we could still make a decent show of force msn-wink.gif

I reckon that'd be the best way to do things, rather than badgering Captain Semper to make the Liber it's own faction again. laugh.png

Let's go through this ETL as intended, but keep a running tally of what we would have scored as a faction in a thread somewhere. (Maybe this very thread?)

Anyone who would have pledged for the Liber can then pop in when they complete a vow and tell us how many points they painted. happy.png

In any event, I can't promise I'll paint loads and loads of points, but the White Hawks will fly to war again in the Liber's name this year! biggrin.png

I'd like to see what numbers there are not just from the Liberites adding the Liber in their pledge, but every single DIY pledge. It'd require a much more proactive counting process on somebody's part (and I am sure Semper has enough on his plate already), but I bet we would have a very good showing at the end of it.

I reckon that'd be the best way to do things, rather than badgering Captain Semper to make the Liber it's own faction again. laugh.png

I'm almost 100% certain that the Liber will not be entered as an ETL faction again. Whilst it's sad, I can understand it. There are far too many obstacles in the way to make it fair and transparent where points costs are concerned.

Let's go through this ETL as intended, but keep a running tally of what we would have scored as a faction in a thread somewhere. (Maybe this very thread?)

Anyone who would have pledged for the Liber can then pop in when they complete a vow and tell us how many points they painted. happy.png

In any event, I can't promise I'll paint loads and loads of points, but the White Hawks will fly to war again in the Liber's name this year! biggrin.png

I can get behind this smile.png I can't promise that I'll be able to give a blow by blow account of the points pledged, but I can certainly do a (fairly) regular update smile.png

In any case, it'll be good to see more of your White Hawks again Ace thumbsup.gif

Hmm...what's that? A faint chant...

"Go, Liber! Go, Liber!" happy.png

I could count all the DIYs in the Imperial Guard sub-forum (don't call us Astra Militarum...we get a bit perturbed msn-wink.gif). Maybe send out some Messages saying something along the lines of: "The Liber owns you. Vow to us or we'll break your knees...metaphorically, of course." But then I think the Lord Commissar would get a bit angry at me and I don't want to disappoint him. Pretty sure he's one of the only ones who doesn't think I'm a daft bat.

I'm sure our superior intellect will come up with something happy.png!

I think a single post in the main ETL topic outlining what we'd like to do will suffice. As Ace said, no metaphorical knees need be broken for this msn-wink.gif

I'm almost 100% certain that the Liber will not be entered as an ETL faction again. Whilst it's sad, I can understand it. There are far too many obstacles in the way to make it fair and transparent where points costs are concerned.

In game/points terms we're all still Codex Astartes or whatever subdex.

In fluff terms even though we run an independant Chapter we still came from IF, DA, Ultras etc. I'm pretty sure my Chapter wouldn't feel to dishearted about being referred to as Dorn-ian (with all due respect).

As mentioned it would be interesting to see comparitive points for DIY's vs vanilla.

Don't let the Lord Commissar know I am as he might have me on latrine duty mellow.png.

I see somebody wasn't paying attention at induction - the commissariat is everywhere msn-wink.gif

Poor Semper, I think he has enough work on his hands without you making more tongue.png It would be a right mess collating DIY armies and even if it was done I'm pretty sure it would cease being a competition at all. I reckon as much as a half of the B&C could be counted as DIYs (and almost all the Guard section!) so it'd probably be a forgone conclusion...

Nah, I'd call it an in-house thing. It's our own little rabble-rousing here, so Semper need not worry. We'll handle it.

Fancy pledging for us? :D

I see somebody wasn't paying attention at induction - the commissariat is everywhere msn-wink.gif

*Shoves Mehman behind Conn's dreadnought chassis*

Uh... there's no-one here thinking about vowing for the Liber instead of the Militarum. No-one at all. Yep. Not a soul. whistlingW.gif

Nah, I'd call it an in-house thing. It's our own little rabble-rousing here, so Semper need not worry. We'll handle it.

Fancy pledging for us? biggrin.png

*Shoves Mehman behind Conn's dreadnought chassis*

Uh... there's no-one here thinking about vowing for the Liber instead of the Militarum. No-one at all. Yep. Not a soul. whistlingW.gif

I'm surprised that WarriorFish managed to get this far into the Liber with his sanity intact. Of course, getting out again is another matter devil.gif

laugh.png

You're approaching it from the wrong direction by assuming commissars were ever sane to begin with :P

I think it might work that way, sort of like when you tick the "gift aid" box. It would be a good way to find out how the land lies so to speak as mentioned. Maybe if someone were willing to process these flags and vows for Semper it could be properly added to the announcement? Relying on people to come and add themselves to a list could also work but I find taking matters into your own hands far more reliable.

I'm sure there are many like me who are big into their DIY armies who would be happy to fly the flag.

What's that banging from the basement? Oh yes, that's right. It's the Liber!

"Don't you be opening that Trapdoor!"

I'm with LySiMachus - My vows will be for the Iron Hands (The only AoD's with a 100% completion rate.)

You've got me doing the Liber Challenge II which has also given me impetus to add to the Gathering the Clans of Medusa!

I've got the Liber in my Sig.

• 2 weeks later...

I vowed this year for Adeptus Mechanicus, as I did last year. I recently submitted my overarching army, the forces of the Forge World of Firmamentum, to Part II of the Liber Challenge. This year, I'm only aiming for one vow.

Thank you, Brother. Good luck with your vow(s) and have fun! thumbsup.gif

Well 1050 points of my vow is for the Bone Walkers, so you're welcome to add them to the total.

Dragonlover

Much appreciated. Thanks, Dragon. :tu:

Archived