ETL IV - What's that noise?

Olis

Oh, wait, we're saying point values, too? Can I make up a number so it'll impress everyone tongue.png?

370 points for the Liber!

If it's accurate then it gets added laugh.png

I'll just leave this here.....

gallery_36568_8652_30936.jpg

Or for those who want to use it:

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_8652/gallery_36568_8652_30936.jpg

What about this SP?

gallery_30308_3239_958.jpg

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_3239/gallery_30308_3239_958.jpg

I run a DIY army too, so you can add my (currently small) vow to the counter. 5 Ratlings at 50pts but the magnetised super heavy will be rolling from the Forge Table afterwards smile.png

I like the top one better as you can still see the Blessed Iconography and so it would not upset the Omnissiah.

Captain Semper stuck me with an Out of Competition Vow.

I've made a post in the Guard strategium, we have a lot of DIY armies so hopefully some comrades will pop along to add their regiments to the cause :tu:

Ah ... Is this where the commissars nip off for tea and biscuits?

My Rogue Trader and his collection of ex-guard units will throw their hat in. To start with I introduce the Iron Lady ...

I SW1 enter the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Stormlord with a pair of sponson (lascannon + t/l heavy flamers) on behalf of the Imperial Guard of total value 530pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/SW1-SWC/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstrnvtpy8.jpg

(Edited in the points cheers Toxichobbit)

I've made a post in the Guard strategium, we have a lot of DIY armies so hopefully some comrades will pop along to add their regiments to the cause thumbsup.gif

The best tea and biscuits from the finest BV-equipped Land Raider in the Liber garage. Let's ignore the fact that it's the only one left in the garage and it's been clamped, and enjoy the tea for what it is. ^_^

I've made a post in the Guard strategium, we have a lot of DIY armies so hopefully some comrades will pop along to add their regiments to the cause thumbsup.gif

Save me, SW1! For the love of the Emperor, they've held me down here in the basement for months ohmy.png! They lured me here with promises of tea and cookies, er, biscuits- in your foreign language.

Wait a minute- if you're here, that means they've gotten you, too. Or maybe you're one of them...

I am not a number- I am a free man!

Save me, SW1! For the love of the Emperor, they've held me down here in the basement for months ohmy.png! They lured me here with promises of tea and cookies, er, biscuits- in your foreign language.

Wait a minute- if you're here, that means they've gotten you, too. Or maybe you're one of them...

I am not a number- I am a free man!

I heard a bit of a ruckus and came to check if this is where my commissars were hiding (I've still got 4 or 5 AWOL).

They've just closed that big door over there. Carry on regardless and I'll try breaking through with the Iron Lady. ;)

165 points pledged in the Liber's name!

Well, actually the Index Astartes' forum's name, but totally for the Liber on the inside. laugh.png

The White Hawks make ready for war once more!

Need to work on background for my guard army so it doesn't end up meandering all over the place. Guess I'll have to work on something down here. ;)

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_8652/gallery_36568_8652_30936.jpg

What about this SP?

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_3239/gallery_30308_3239_958.jpg

I run a DIY army too, so you can add my (currently small) vow to the counter. 5 Ratlings at 50pts but the magnetised super heavy will be rolling from the Forge Table afterwards smile.png

I like the top one better as you can still see the Blessed Iconography and so it would not upset the Omnissiah.

Well, it should be a legal unit from some list... A towering marine, impressive as he may be, is far from being a legal unit! laugh.png

Frankly that's the primary reason for the out-of-competition concept: paint what you like provided it's B&C-legal. You'll still be eligible for the Custos Fidei if you make it and liable for the Oathbreaker badge if you fail. Oh, and you'll be eligible for the Badge of the Artisan too! ;)

Edit: Regarding the badge, would you consider a red ribon on the upper right corner? It will certainly look cool!

What about this SP?

Well, it should be a legal unit from some list... A towering marine, impressive as he may be, is far from being a legal unit! laugh.png

Frankly that's the primary reason for the out-of-competition concept: paint what you like provided it's B&C-legal. You'll still be eligible for the Custos Fidei if you make it and liable for the Oathbreaker badge if you fail. Oh, and you'll be eligible for the Badge of the Artisan too! msn-wink.gif

Edit: Regarding the badge, would you consider a red ribon on the upper right corner? It will certainly look cool!

Can someone with computer skills jump on the Captain's idea? I would truly love to show that off in my signature happy.png!

Reporting my first vow done:

gallery_30308_10714_6244.jpg

I thought the liber might like the small background piece I did for them too:
"Gandi's Picketmen"

Initially the Arukan were sceptical of the abhuman companies that were sent to join them but this changed rapidly to respect and open arms thanks in no small part to the pickets, foremost of the ratling company attached to the 144th. In their opening battle against a rampaging Ork Warboss known as "orkold boney" Gandi's squad's first shots blew his head clean off along with his attending meganob guards, sending the horde into disarray almost instantly. The Guard command were completely shocked but quickly took advantage of this new tool.

This feat earned not only a warm welcome that abhumans would likely not receive elsewhere but had such an impact that the Arukan word for "ratling" became "Gandi". He is quietly proud of this and often enjoys the attention it brings, but his squad haven't had the heart to tell him this is as much due to the word "ratling" being unpronounceable to the Arukan tongue as anything else.

I will return to let you know what my second vow is once I've finalised it thumbsup.gif

I almost forgot, brothers, I must add my vow to the Liberite tally. Well, actually... I did forget. It was Scion of Ferrus that reminded me. rolleyes.gif

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2055/22_Shadows_of_Treachery.jpg

I, Olis, after much prevaricating and fence-sitting, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux IV and do declare on the honour of the Liber and my own beloved Caliver that I swear to complete:

1x Alexis Polux 165 points
1x Moritat with twin volkite serpenta, artificer armour and jump pack 135 points
1x 10 man Legion Tactical Squad with nuncio-vox 160 points
1x 10 man Legion Tactical Squad with 3 extra marines, power weapon and artificer armour 200 points
1x 5 man Legion Veteran Tactical Squad with 5 power weapons and artificer armour 185 points
1x 5 man Legion Destroyer Squad with melta bombs, jump packs, missile launcher equipped with suspensor web and rad missiles and 3 phosphex bombs 305 points
These units, taken from the four current Horus Heresy Books combine for a grand total of 1150 points. My mission must be to paint these units to a standard I would be proud of, on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I succeed not only will I be surprised, I will bring glory to the Seventh Legion, mighty they are, and the forum I now pledge to. And should I fail, Emperor have mercy upon me, I shall bear the shame and be labelled Oathbreaker until the turn of the next year.
Full Vow shot:
med_gallery_60566_6313_193782.jpg
Alexis Polux:
med_gallery_60566_6313_40039.jpg
Moritat:
med_gallery_60566_6313_78576.jpg
Ten Man Squad with Nuncio Vox:
med_gallery_60566_6313_259706.jpg
Thirteen Man Squad:
med_gallery_60566_6313_164358.jpg
Vet Squad:
med_gallery_60566_6313_45830.jpg
Destroyer Squad:
med_gallery_60566_6313_159039.jpg
(Some squads are still waiting for parts.)
Edit - typo.

With so many vowing for the Liber along the side, I'm curious to see the lore behind these soon to be beautifully painted models.

Does anyone have threads they can link to with their lore, or is interested in beginning to develop that lore for some painting inspiration?

After all, we're DIYers. It's not just about the paint for us, is it?

A FW style article would be awesome. I've been struggling with my World Eaters Legion, 30th Echelon article for a while now. Hoping to get it done early enough to claim first, at least on the B&C. :D

Archived