ETL IV - What's that noise?

Olis

With so many vowing for the Liber along the side, I'm curious to see the lore behind these soon to be beautifully painted models.

Does anyone have threads they can link to with their lore, or is interested in beginning to develop that lore for some painting inspiration?

After all, we're DIYers. It's not just about the paint for us, is it?

My "Ace Does a Thing" thread has all the lore so far for the White Hawks scattered throughout it's pages.happy.png

One day I'll compile it all into a single, easier-to-read post, but maybe not while the ETL is on.

The two models I finished come with a little bit of blurb about the First Company. I'm planning on writing more snippets as I finish more models, too. biggrin.png

EDIT:

And now another snippet about the pride of the First Company to go with the two newest completed models.

Indeed.  Me-thinks it has been to long since I walked these hallowed halls... I miss this side of my hobby...

We miss you here, too. It's great to have older hands around like yourself.

I've added Demus and I've increased paulJam's total. Did I miss anyone?

You missed me Olis.  I gave my points in post 32.

Sorry about that, Madwolf. I'll edit you in, post-haste.

Guest Musketeer12

I would be very much willing to do 1k points worth of Knights Aeternum if someone would let show me the points costs of the new codex? I'm just returning after a 2+ year hiatus and at this very moment im stripping a good twenty tactical marines, plus termies, a command squad, chaplain, and an assault Squad. Also, if someone could direct me on how to enter this it w would be very much appreciated in the extreme for someone just trying to get back on their feet with GW after many years. Cheers,

Musket

I'm just returning after a 2+ year hiatus and at this very moment im stripping a good twenty tactical marines, plus termies, a command squad, chaplain, and an assault Squad. Also, if someone could direct me on how to enter this it w would be very much appreciated in the extreme for someone just trying to get back on their feet with GW after many years. Cheers,

Musket

The rules for the ETL can be found here.

But to summarise: You make a pledge to build and paint up to 3000pts of models before August the 1st. You must make a vow in the appropriate subforum's strategium thread (the Liber does not count) and provide pictures at the start to prove you have unpainted (or at most basecoated/primed) models. You must also provide pictures when you complete your vow to prove you have finished. Updates in between are not necessary but encouraged.

An example vow would go as such:

Deus Ex Ferrum rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following units from Clan Raukaan: A Codex Space Marine Supplement of total value listed below on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Clan Company Shologar, the Iron Hands, and all the sons of Manus and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Upon looking at this year's ETL I was saddened to see that the esteemed Liber Astartes have been overlooked.

In 2010, you pushed my Faction, the Blood Angels, all the way in the LPC but ultimately finished second. In each subsequent LPC challenges your Faction was well in the mix and always put in a good showing as it pushed on for honours. Like us, the LPC saw your painting prowess respected and even feared, your strength being one to admire.

However, like the Blood Angels, the ETL was shown you no respect. ETL I and II saw you suffer the ignominy of being rolled into the C:SM faction, whilst like this year, ETL III saw you shown the ultimate disrespect of being ignored outright. Naturally, this has seen your Faction resolve to becoming mercenaries: selling their unique painting talents to that which bids the highest, potentially fracturing one of the strongest communities on the Bolter and Chainsword. You deserve your own Faction, one which allows for anything, where Imperial painters can join hands with Chaos painters and rejoice as their efforts improve their own standing. I want to see mega vows for and from the DIY amongst you. Each unique entry offering us something new and exciting. I want to see the old rivalries revived, to feel the pressure from this forum as my Faction try to succeed.

Sadly, I know that for ETL IV that will not happen. However, I do offer you a compromise, nay, I beg of you: help us. I know your event record and I admire your talents. I see you as fellow leige lords; a rival and a friend to be respected on equal footing and I want your Faction restored. This year, Faction BA has risen from its slumber and is in ascendancy. If you can spare some more of your members for our push, then I guarantee you that the entire BA Faction will be behind your attempts to restore your Faction to the painting front line for ETL V where we can, once again, look upon you as true rivals.

For Faction: BA, colour is not an issue. The only thing you'll need is the points from our Codex which we are more than happy to help you with. We are also more than happy to help you with anything else and I am totally at your disposal.

Should you choose not to assist us, then I genuinely wish you all the best with your endeavors. For those who do wish to join our cause, our Strategium can be found here.

Thank you for your time.

Guest Musketeer12

I'm just returning after a 2+ year hiatus and at this very moment im stripping a good twenty tactical marines, plus termies, a command squad, chaplain, and an assault Squad. Also, if someone could direct me on how to enter this it w would be very much appreciated in the extreme for someone just trying to get back on their feet with GW after many years. Cheers,

Musket

The rules for the ETL can be found here.

But to summarise: You make a pledge to build and paint up to 3000pts of models before August the 1st. You must make a vow in the appropriate subforum's strategium thread (the Liber does not count) and provide pictures at the start to prove you have unpainted (or at most basecoated/primed) models. You must also provide pictures when you complete your vow to prove you have finished. Updates in between are not necessary but encouraged.

An example vow would go as such:

Deus Ex Ferrum rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following units from Clan Raukaan: A Codex Space Marine Supplement of total value listed below on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Clan Company Shologar, the Iron Hands, and all the sons of Manus and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Thanks Olis! Much appreciated

Musket

Hmmm ... I need to work on some background for my army but struggling to make any headway. Think I'll start a thread to bounce ideas around. Everything I've already tried writing ended up in the bin.

The main idea behind the army is a force lead by a Rogue Trader, his personal retinue, with reinforcements (depleted units the munitorum deemed below fighting strength) and some hired professional help (using the old storm troopers and Ogryns). He's found a system currently filled with xenos scum (supposedly harmless but who's going to take a chance) that he's got settlement rights to.

It started off as a RT with everything and nothing to explain why he had access to it.

That's been the main issue upto now. What circumstances would allow that too happen.

Basically trying to get a storyline that works with the models I want to use in my army. I'm scrapping using the new stormtroopers as I don't have a reason for them to be part of his force so they're not included. Using just the older models allows me to include stormtroopers as a unit entry. Same thing with Commissars. They're going to be painted up a bit more garishly (possibly rich reds/purples) and they'll be high ranking officers/cronies from his fleet rather than actual commissars. So they'll work in a similar way rules wise but fluff wise something slightly different.

Priests on the other hand will be overly used as I'm leaning towards the RT having close links to the church providing access to one of the favourite wines for a certain high ranking official (? Need to research what sort of title would be appropriate ?).

Think I can add a bit of a darker sidestory here. Something like he chose to save cuttings of the vines over a bunch of colonists who were in the path of a Nid fleet. Hmm ... Well maybe a few biologists got saved to look after the plants. He'd prefer to not have the finer points of the "rescue" come to light.

Think I can add a bit of a darker sidestory here. Something like he chose to save cuttings of the vines over a bunch of colonists who were in the path of a Nid fleet. Hmm ... Well maybe a few biologists got saved to look after the plants. He'd prefer to not have the finer points of the "rescue" come to light.

Don't see anything wrong with that. Human lives are a dime a dozen, but plants can be pretty valuable. tongue.png

Archived