Blades of Oblivion - WIP

Epher

Chain halberd... sold!  The hard part will be making them not look like a chain sword on a stick.  I think I will have to resort to using SolidWorks and having these things 3D printed.  Challenge... Accepted!!

As for developing more fluff, that will be put on the back burner.  I have too many modeling projects that need finishing: more DWK, Shadow Ravens, Tac Marines, an Imperial Knight and a Silence Squadron.  I think I will be making all of my assault marines as Shadow Ravens.  The black armour works well for them as fast movers.  Prehaps I will complete a few more squads of Black Lancers too.

Thanks for the ideas of tying the BoO psykers back to their homeworld.  I never put much thought into it but there are some really great concepts like using the claws and fangs of the predatory beasts.  The planet kind of has an Avatar feel to it except for the lack of really tall blue animal people. 

Yeah, then you have a filthy Tau planet with all those blue monkeys and I, for one, won't stand for it laugh.png!

As long as you keep up with this Chapter, I don't care what you do. More models never hurt anyone. Well, that's not true. Funnily enough, I couldn't eat when I needed to because I just had to have a box of Grey Knight Terminators. Now, when I go to town, I take model money and food money. Lesson learned and taught thumbsup.gif.

Silence Squadron, you say? Hmm...do I hear Ride of the Librarians?

• 1 month later...

Here is the latest addition to my chapter, another squad of Black Lancers armed with grav guns and a combi grav. A little black primer on them and they will be set for my next game. They will be put in the queue for painting with more assault marines. The weapon arms are magnetized allowing for different load outs and poses.

med_gallery_83962_10972_639981.jpg

med_gallery_83962_10972_138023.jpg

Epher:

There's a lot of great things going on here, not least being your custom chapter's story. The color scheme work very well, especially on the assault squad. I'm always a fan of bikes; the WIP Black Lancers look clean and I like how you've extended the exhaust pipes.

Thanks for sharing.

Archived