CrazyIvan´s "Angels Fury" (a homemade BA successor chapter)

CrazyIvan87

Hi all!

Been a forumlurker for some time but didnt sign up until a few days ago smile.png

I have been toying with an allied detachment to my main army, Space Wolves, for some time and with the release of the new BA codex a while ago, I decided that it would be a good foundation to build upon.

I havent come up with any fluff yet, but the Angels Fury chapter have tight ties with a Space Wolf (surprisingly right? smile.png) Great Company since they joined forces against an Ork Waagh!

So heres a few WIP/done pictures of what I have so far:

http://forumbilder.se/EB18M/10381983-10152595225867161-8301088810285443828-n.jpg

3 first marines done in my tac. squad "Lucifer"

http://forumbilder.se/EB18M/10955338-10152520891742161-3549495838958907886-n.jpg

One of the Rhinos, "Sangraal" (WIP shot)

http://forumbilder.se/EB18M/11072797-10152671637212161-8180014512030632677-n.jpg

One of the Chapters Terminators

So thats it for now, I have a few weeks of vacation ahead of me so hopefully I can get some more paint on the little buggers.

Cheers!

/CrazyIvan

So here comes my story about the "Angels Fury" creation and fluff. Im sorry if the spelling is off at some places smile.png

"The Angels Fury"

A story of the forgotten heroes.

It all began at the time of the first war at Armageddon. This huge hiveworld presented a target so exciting that the daemon Primarch Angron simply could not resist it.

With the sky darkened by the large hulk "Devourer of Stars" above Armageddon, the invasion began.

The Imperium was not slow to response; massive armies of Imperial Troopers amassed and began their journey towards Armageddon. Millions of men and thousands of tanks took to

the stars in mighty warships.

But the Imperial leaders knew that they couldnt face this threat alone, and so the call went out to the Space Marines: protectors of man and the finest warriors the Imperium

could muster.

First to answer the call was Great Wolf Logan Grimnar, who descended on the Chaos forces with his entire chapter. With him he brought allies in the form of the Grey Knights,

powerful psykers and the bane of daemons, aswell as taking high command of all imperial forces on the planet.

Together they faced of against the daemonic hordes and after a long and bloody campaign, Armageddon was saved. All thanks to the mighty Wolves and their Grey Knight bretherens.

Thats what they all say... All except the ones who really knows what happend...

When Dante, chapter master of the Blood Angels heard of the invasion, he knew that the sons of Sanguinus had to participate, one way or another.

But what could he do? The Angels was weak from casualties on battlefields all over the galaxy, even more from brothers falling to the Black Rage. But something had to be

done...

Dante called for their successor chapters; the Flesh Tearers, Angels Encarmine; Angels Vermillion, Blood Swords, Angels Numinous and many more answered the call and a joint task force was put together.

command went to the Blood Angels captain Lucifer. Soon the force numbered almost 650 marines fully equipped with relics, weapons and vehicles from their respective chapter.

So in a various fleet, the "chapter" arrived to Armageddon and quickly located Grimnar to get their orders. Grimnar, seeing this bunch of misfits as a, quoting "A ragtag mob

rather then an army."

But still, they were Astartes and he needed all the help he could get.

The combined Angels was put into action as quickly as possible, putting foul Chaos forces to the sword whereever they went. They were soon spoken of on both sides of the

conflict, both allies and enemies talked about how they descended from the skies in pods and with jetpacks, taking their foe by surprise. They talked about the Fury of Angels

was unleashed upon Armageddon.

When the war was over and Angron was banished back to the warp, Grimnar himself spoke highly of these Astartes. They had distiguished themselves in many battles and they had

been vital in the events leading to the victory over the Chaos forces.

Many of the Space Wolves and the Angels had become near friends; the Wolves could almost see themselves

in the furious charges and the preference to engage in hand to hand battle, and the Angels saw the honour in the way the Wolves were treating the PDF and Imperial forces.

Soon it was decided that the group, now consisting of about 350 marines, was to follow one of the Wolves Great Company as a supporting force. Luckily, many of the fallen

brothers geneseeds had been recovered by the Apothecarys and the recruitment was soon on the way, today the Chapter is around 750 marines as their parentchapters

sends resources and recruits on a regular basis. Rumours are that even a few inhabitants of Fenris have joined their ranks.

Thanks to their reputation they received on Armageddon, the group became a chapter and was named "Angels Fury" with captain Lucifer taking over as chaptermaster.

The Angels Fury fights in the same way as their parent chapters; tactical squads in supercharged Rhinos forms the backbone while Death Company marines and Assualt Squads

hone their skills against various foes.

The chapter is today painted in a dark dark red with pure red edges, as a symbol to honour that dark times on Armageddon while still remembering the pureness in the chapters

they originated from.

It has even gone that far that the Great Company they follow have their shoulderpads painted the same, both as a sign of identification and as a sign of uttermost respect.

Why noone knows about the Angels Fury participation in Armageddon is even to this day unknown, maybe the Imperium dont want to give credit to a ragtag mob, maybe the Blood

Angels and their successor dont want their enemies to know that they are even weaker now.

What we do know is that the young chapter still travel the stars with their wulfen brothers, ready to strike at anyone, anywhere.

Cheers!

/CrazyIvan

Another update;

http://forumbilder.se/EB1HU/11148457-10152677905727161-1106631777555083892-n.jpg

Tactical squad "Lucifer" ready, 10 marines with a flamer, heavy flamer and sergeant with handflamer and powerfist.

http://forumbilder.se/EB1HU/1375041-10152677905822161-2509354670160500229-n.jpg

First member of the DC squad, name yet to be decided.

http://forumbilder.se/EB1HU/10421233-10152677905892161-291080354170091116-n.jpg

2 Terminators from the squad "Fury" done.

Cheers!

/CrazyIvan

Archived