my opinion on the discipline of tzeench

So having had a read through the discipline i dont actually think its as bad as its made out to be. First of all all of the poeers accept wind of chais are warp charge 1. Now what in getting on at is these powers are pretty damn cheap to cast and imho have the potential to be downright nasty especially in small point games. For example Tzeenchs fire storm yes its strength is random but lets say you hit a unit of cultists with it and roll strength 3 you score 5 hits wound 3 and 3 fail their saves. You now have the potential to do 9 additional strength 3 hits. Even versus marines its not so bad due to each casualty you cause will hurt them even more. Boon of mutation isnt amazing but could be great for a laugh and doom bolt well the potential imho to kill multiple transports is worth it. For example a few months back i was taking a fluffy 1500 point mono tzeench army vs the new ba. With doombolt my prince managed to ensure a baal pred didnt tet to fire for 2 turns. All i am trying to say is this discipline can be really good if used vs the right targets is it a no brainer no, but saying that it is quite flexible in what it can do. Now imho if your taking this discipline your best off comboing it with biomancy or telepathy or possibly pyromancy for some really funny shenanigans.

I know being a chaos player and all sometimes one may get the impression that other armies units are like ours [t3 no save,no AFK, no invs, no tanks]. But it is just that an impression.

The problem is that what the tzeench school realy has to be used on are transports, different type of bikers, meq. That alone makes the tzeench school kind of a meh. But, as it is offten the case for chaos stuff, it is not all. Not only do the spells have odd range, we can counter it[counter our own codex and army we are playing] by stacking biker sorc of course. But then we have an important question ask ourself. is the +1inv and the random shoting worth losing  stuff like invisibility [which is kind of an important for an army that doesn't have troop bikes, infiltrators or drop pods].

The tzeench school is horrible. It is horrible for asp sorc[probably the worse], it is bad for sorc[no matter what kind we take] and it is bad for special Hqs too.

It has no flexibility at all[no real buffs, only witch fires, which are one of the few psy powers that had problem with adam will etc], and the fact that it is random make it even more horrible.

I know being a chaos player and all sometimes one may get the impression that other armies units are like ours [t3 no save,no AFK, no invs, no tanks]. But it is just that an impression.

The problem is that what the tzeench school realy has to be used on are transports, different type of bikers, meq. That alone makes the tzeench school kind of a meh. But, as it is offten the case for chaos stuff, it is not all. Not only do the spells have odd range, we can counter it[counter our own codex and army we are playing] by stacking biker sorc of course. But then we have an important question ask ourself. is the +1inv and the random shoting worth losing stuff like invisibility [which is kind of an important for an army that doesn't have troop bikes, infiltrators or drop pods].

The tzeench school is horrible. It is horrible for asp sorc[probably the worse], it is bad for sorc[no matter what kind we take] and it is bad for special Hqs too.

It has no flexibility at all[no real buffs, only witch fires, which are one of the few psy powers that had problem with adam will etc], and the fact that it is random make it even more horrible.

I do get what you mean maybe ive just had good luck with the discipline. Imho i do agree its not a competive choice thats for sure but i prefere it over the daemons tzeench spells which i also use with my daemon army.

I keep wanting to make a small primary detachment of ahriman + thousand sons in rhinos with allied units of tzeentch daemons to summon spam. The tzeentch powers for both factions make me sad panda but then I realize those are just really there to bump up my warp charges so I can blast out 2-3 horror units each turn.

I keep wanting to make a small primary detachment of ahriman + thousand sons in rhinos with allied units of tzeentch daemons to summon spam. The tzeentch powers for both factions make me sad panda but then I realize those are just really there to bump up my warp charges so I can blast out 2-3 horror units each turn.

The problem with gw and tzeench powers they either make them weak like now or op like the warriors of chaos tzeench lore in 7th ed whfb

Archived