Tortura´s BA stuff

Tortura

"Got myself a fresh 0000 brush, so thought it was a good moment to start on his face!"

Two questions if you don't mind. 

What company for 0000 brush did you go with, I have been searching for one but cant decided.

Secondly the skin color you cerated is amazing would you be willing share it?

"Got myself a fresh 0000 brush, so thought it was a good moment to start on his face!"

Two questions if you don't mind. 

What company for 0000 brush did you go with, I have been searching for one but cant decided.

Secondly the skin color you cerated is amazing would you be willing share it?

I recently switched to da Vinci nova synthetics. They have really fine brush tips and because they're synthetic, are more rigid than Windsor and Newton series 7 (which I used before) Also a lot cheaper ;)

Skin recipe!

Base: 1:1 mix of Vallejo model air Light Grey and GW Kislev Flesh

Shade: first shades were done with GW Druchii Violet wash (thinned further with water to about a 1:4 mix) Then the deeper parts of the face (under the eyes, nose, cheekbones, brow) were given touches of Army Painter red tone wash. Then the entire skin area was given a very diluted wash of GW Agrax Earthshade and water (1:5) The last shading was done by really only concentrating on the deepest parts of the skin, and around the metal/ implants, by applying Vallejo model air Burnt Umber, and finally Army Painter strong tone wash (the latter was only applied in de very deepest parts, so tiny dots rather than glazing an entire area)

Highlights: I used the base mix and added more grey in about 2 stages, after which white was added in a further 2 stages for the final highlights.

The scars/wounds were done by painting very fine lines with a mix of GW Mephiston red and Vallejo model air Deep Blue, after which they were underlined with pure white in specific places in order to create a '3d' look.

The grey stubble on his head was done by glazing a mix of VMA Light Grey and water (3:1) in loads of steps.

Fantastic work. Very inspirational.

Could we have more?

...oh, and any close ups of Tac Squads would be appreciated.

You make me want to paint Blood Angels again.

I'll get some close ups in here asap!

Thanks for the interest in my stuff guys, it truly is very motivating.

More wips incoming soon!

Cheers.