Tortura´s BA stuff

Tortura

Even the spent shell casings on the base have a dark to light gradient... That is some serious attention to detail!

Excellent work my friend, let us know how he does in combat!

Glad you noticed :) I thought I was going a bit crazy, shading individual shells, but it pays off in the end!

Tortura - the lighting of the photo does not conceal the sheer awesomeness of the paint job! You should think about a light box and background though – your models deserve it!

That actually is a good idea. I spoke to someone about building one myself a while ago but it completely slipped my mind!

Next project should be up and running very soon. I need some sternguard for a tournament so I might do them as a quick last vow...now where is that bitsbox ;)

I'm really curious to see the end result of this.  The inverted color scheme could turn out really neat but not sure a matte red works on the power pack.  Seems to throw off the balance of the mini a bit to me.  Cheers though, your work is always excellent

Jup, this one is a bit of an experiment! If the red on the packs proves to be too distracting, I'll tone it down with some weathering ;)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Sternguard :wink:

Are those 25mm bases? The kneeling guy and sarge might benefit from the extra real estate afforded by 32mm!

In hindsight I might have been better off with basing them on 32's instead of the 25's. I have, however, based all my other infantry on 25's so I kind of want the consistency throughout the army :) I also need them done asap, as I have 2 tournaments coming up!

Cheers!

• 6 months later...

Cheers everyone!

That has got to be one of the best painted cloaks I've seen. Everything is awesome - the purple, the gold, the face, the little chips and scratches, the base - but the cloak is really impressive!

People really seem to like the cloak a lot. I tried some new blending techniques while painting it and they seem to have worked!

Now...to start cleaning that Leviathan :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys,

Been a while but the new BA dex has brought back some serious hobby mojo! I plan on putting some serious time in to get my Blood Angels army fully painted asap!

Thought it would be fitting to get the ball rolling again by making a new model for our faction's nr. 1 resident badass Mr. Mephiston himself. Plan on doing some minor details and then it's painting time. In the meantime here's a :cussty picture; the next wip shots will be better :)

Stay tuned!

gallery_80935_10717_213187.jpg