Vash's Mechanicum plog, Kastelan robot p5

Vash

Thanks. More to come later tonight I hope. 

Got my Warlord Alpha and half his unit done. 

In total I now have around 850 pts painted :) Soon I can start playing the Skitarii army I intend to field in a small scale. 

Well then, update time. 

Completed half of the Plasma Caliver unit today. The Alpha in this unit will act as Warlord, to prevent overheat. 

Equipped with a power sword and the phosphorenix relic weapon. The unit will be joined by an inquisitor, equipped with a plasma pistol & power sword, and rad grenades. These 10 brave plasma and rad wielding soldiers will board a drop pod. 

Supported by the Dunecrawlers who has the weapon upgrade that reduces the cover with -1, further supported by the units omnispex, I am hoping the unit will obliterate their intended target. 

In close combat, supported by another Vanguard unit dropping in, and the Sicarian units (one of each), I am hoping I can gain some advantage with the rad rules and rebuff the infiltrators provide. 

Anyhow... 

[skitarii Vanguard]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Adeptus%20Mechanicus/Caliver%20unit1.jpg

[Alpha back]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Adeptus%20Mechanicus/Alpha%20back.jpg

[skitarii aprox 800 pts]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Adeptus%20Mechanicus/army%20800%20pts.jpg

Very nice. how are you getting the drop pod?

Thanks. 

I am adding a Flesh Tearers Strike force detachment. 1 HQ, 1 TROOP and 1 FAST ATTACK is the detachment requirement. Then you can add a redicuouls amount of FAST ATTACK (meaning drop pods...)

Thanks. 

I am adding a Flesh Tearers Strike force detachment. 1 HQ, 1 TROOP and 1 FAST ATTACK is the detachment requirement. Then you can add a redicuouls amount of FAST ATTACK (meaning drop pods...)

and where did you find the flesh teares detatchment rules, by chance? I'm assuming the new BA codex?

Thanks. 

and where did you find the flesh teares detatchment rules, by chance? I'm assuming the new BA codex?

A campaign book "Exterminatus". It includes blood angles and Tyranids. 

Superb work Vash!

I'm really loving your "Warlord" the Pwr-Wpn is so verry sweet wub.png

The gold accents are simply perfect and make the squad really Pop thumbsup.gif

this is encouragement enough to get me back to the table and painting...seeya ....

Mithril

Amazing looking models but I'd expect no less after beeing awestruck by your GKs biggrin.png

What did you use for the dirt on the greatcoats? Not sure if it's pigments, wash or standard colour.

Ha ha, those GKs were from a long time back now. Or it feels like it.

Had more time on my hands back then. No kids thus more time to paint.

Anyhow, the dirt is painted with Forge worlds weathering powders. Dry mud is the one I used here.

Great looking force Vash! :tu:

Did you do anything to fill in the seams between the front and back halves of the vanguard's coats? I'm trying to decide if I need to get the putty out or if the undercoat will hide them well enough.

Thanks again guys.

Great looking force Vash! :tu:

Did you do anything to fill in the seams between the front and back halves of the vanguard's coats? I'm trying to decide if I need to get the putty out or if the undercoat will hide them well enough.

I simply used a lot off plastic glue. Well not draining it. But just enough for it to flow over when I squeeze the two parts together.

The glue will melt the plastic and create a smoother surface.

If needed, I will once it's dried up and hard again use a modeling knife and clean the surface just like when your cleaning mold lines.

Joined the ETL, so I gotta update with before and after pictures. 

Here is the first of two Ironstrider Ballistarii to be completed. 

I have only assembled it and sprayed it with the base colours I use. 

Next update on this one will be when its done. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/Ballistarii%20wip.jpg

Well then... another update. 

These are units that I painted 2 days ago... before I entered the ETL, so they cannot contribute to the ETL sorry. 

5 rangers, missing 5 buddies, and 9 Vanguards with Inquisitor. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Adeptus%20Mechanicus/5%20man%20rangers.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Adeptus%20Mechanicus/Vanguard%20plasma%20caliver%20unit.jpg

Almost halfway through the army now... 

Very nice! Is there any way a group shot from the back could be made, so we can see the detail on the backpacks and robes?

I'll try to arrange that on the next batch. :)

Back packs are really dull though. Just brown, and high lighted once with scag brown. Robes looks the same as the front. 

Very nice! Is there any way a group shot from the back could be made, so we can see the detail on the backpacks and robes?

I'll try to arrange that on the next batch. smile.png

Back packs are really dull though. Just brown, and high lighted once with scag brown. Robes looks the same as the front.

Ah well, I would still ask to see them, and thank you for the effort that is to be expended. :D

I'll try to arrange that on the next batch. smile.png

Ah well, I would still ask to see them, and thank you for the effort that is to be expended. biggrin.png

hehe, I'll get that picture up for you. But right now I gotta dig into the Ballistarii.

Archived