Russian Guard Regiment

Guardsman1275

The only thing I am worried about is whether the anti tank models will be too big or small, if anyone has information about how well plastic soldier company models and wargames factory models mix together please tell me. Also will the cadian arms fit on the russian models well?

I found this larger artillery piece, I could use these as lascannons http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=2265

as for the cadian arms I agree, I have some extra lasgun arms lying around, if they do not fit than I can just use the included rifles, Though it might not look enough like a 40k army then. That is my main fear, that it will just look like a russian army, not an imperial guard army. If I cannot use the cadian arms how should I make the infantry look more like guardsman? 

The scale thing isn't that big a deal. I just posted this on another thread but I will type it again. Yesterday I placed a Bolt Action German next to a Cadian. They were almost the same height. Its the difference between two guys of different but normal heights standing next to each other. Bulkiness however was huge on the GW guy. The cadian's bicep was almost as big as the BA guys waist. GW is roughly 1/48 scale but its a big 1/48 scale. I placed a 1/48th scale Panzer IV tank next to a Wyvern and the Wyvern was soooo much bigger than the Panzer. I have a 1/48th scale Marder and it looked like a clown car next to the Wyvern. Note that I use 1/48 scale vehicles for Bolt Action as I have compared some real life pictures to the models with troops and 1/48th was far closer to reality.

The biggest problem you will encounter will be special weapons like plasma and melta that have no analogues from WW2. The best solution I can think of is picking up a FW set of weapons from the Elysian or DKOK(if it exists) and using those since FW does its guard in truer scale. Everything else you can come up with something with the plethora of different weapons systems used back in the war. In my case its easy since I am doing an Elysian army, my only heavy weapon options(not that I am taking them anyway) are mortars(used in WW2), missile launchers(used in WW2), and lascannon(any number of AT guns used in WW2 can be used).  

I am using the plastic solder kits as heavy weapons, with a short barreled AT gun as an autocannon and a long barrled at gun as a lascannon. I am using some LMG's that came with the set of soviets as meltaguns, I can say that they are a unique pattern on my planet, I would by a forgeworld pack but 1, money and 2, I only need 2

You are lucky, I am going to need a metric butt ton of them. Since its for personal use, I might buy a pack and try my hand at making molds of them since that does not violate copy right infringement. Not like I would be able to sell this army anyway.

The scale thing isn't that big a deal. I just posted this on another thread but I will type it again. Yesterday I placed a Bolt Action German next to a Cadian. They were almost the same height. Its the difference between two guys of different but normal heights standing next to each other. Bulkiness however was huge on the GW guy. The cadian's bicep was almost as big as the BA guys waist. GW is roughly 1/48 scale but its a big 1/48 scale. I placed a 1/48th scale Panzer IV tank next to a Wyvern and the Wyvern was soooo much bigger than the Panzer. I have a 1/48th scale Marder and it looked like a clown car next to the Wyvern. Note that I use 1/48 scale vehicles for Bolt Action as I have compared some real life pictures to the models with troops and 1/48th was far closer to reality.

The biggest problem you will encounter will be special weapons like plasma and melta that have no analogues from WW2. The best solution I can think of is picking up a FW set of weapons from the Elysian or DKOK(if it exists) and using those since FW does its guard in truer scale. Everything else you can come up with something with the plethora of different weapons systems used back in the war. In my case its easy since I am doing an Elysian army, my only heavy weapon options(not that I am taking them anyway) are mortars(used in WW2), missile launchers(used in WW2), and lascannon(any number of AT guns used in WW2 can be used).

med_gallery_13203_9402_181449.jpg

The kasrkin boot is bigger than the bolt action helmet!!!

Archived