I checked your plog out the other day, and may have accidentally made a bits order :) The Goleph test model...beautiful. Great work on the robes too, I particularly like the glyphs around the back. I'll be sure to steal that idea too :)

@Scribe - Wow!! Thanks a lot mate!! :D Please do, steal away, and I'm sure they won't be executed poorly. Either way I would love to see (and if you need any tips on how to replicate what I have done, please ask away).

@Dez - Oh wow (although I apologise to your wallet)! What did you order in the end? :) Thanks man! Like I said before, I am always flattered to hear that people want to copy my ideas so go ahead - I just want to see how it turns out :)

@Pearson73 - Cheers! I have to say, it was kind of a spur of the moment decision so I'm glad it worked out.

its great threads like this that have made me give in and start a dark mechanicus force :) might try out using some wrack models myself see what i can come up with.

@Dez - Fair enough then. I would definitely recommend the Wracks kit if you get a chance to pick one up.

@Targetlock - Cheers! Do stick a WiP up as soon as you can, would love to see what you come up with. It's great to see the Dark Mechanicus becoming more and more popular now.

hopefully will do, my camera isn't great though hehe

O.K. Damn.... even though this is heretical for me just being here tongue.png Credit needs to be given when it's due.....

This stuff is "Awesomesauce". the Mago's at the top is incredibly simple but oh so perfect,well done and the infiltrators are breathtaking...may borrow your weapon concepts for my "light side" guys ph34r.png and the half skull on the face gives me a mechanicum of an idea laugh.png

i really do look fwd to seeing more work from you!

Cheers , Mithril

@Mithrilforge - Cheers mate!! Haha, please do use my ideas for your loyalists, just make sure your hard drives haven't been corrupted after extended exposure here ;) Ooh? What were you thinking of with the 1/2 skull face concept? I'm getting a feeling this might be pretty cool.

Thanks again for the kind words though :D

@d@n - Thanks :)

@Red Skullz - Cheers!! :) Indeed, I am glad to see how they have spread since Codex: Skitarii.

On a seperate note, almost finished my first Skitarii Unit I vowed for ETL. Will have to post pictures tomorrow when there is better light though.

@Mithrilforge - Cheers mate!! Haha, please do use my ideas for your loyalists, just make sure your hard drives haven't been corrupted after extended exposure here msn-wink.gif Ooh? What were you thinking of with the 1/2 skull face concept? I'm getting a feeling this might be pretty cool.

Thanks again for the kind words though biggrin.png

i'll see if my 1/2 skull idea works and if it does i will let you in on it ph34r.png ...laugh.png

Mithril

ETL: AdMech Vow 1 and First Update

I, Apostle of the 30th Host, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

2 Thanatar (Chaos Contemptor counts-as) - 480

8 Skitarii Vanguard (as I have already painted two as test models) with 2 Plasma Calivers and an Omnispex - 152   COMPLETE

5 Skitarii Vanguard with Arc Pistol, 2 Arc Rifles and an Omnispex - 105

5 Skitarii Rangers with 2 Transuranic Arquebuses - 115

5 Sicarian Ruststalkers (the Princeps is my converted Dark Magos to make a legal unit of 5 as I had already painted one as a test model) with Prehensile Dataspike and the Omniscient Mask - 190

From Codex: Skitarii (and whatever Horus Heresy book the Thanatar is in) of total value 1142 on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Mechanicum of Ghalmek and their Word Bearers allies, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

+++ UPDATE 1 +++

17672398521_eecc649945.jpg

(8 Vanguard with 2 Plasma Calivers and Omnispex - COMPLETE)

*Note: There are 10 in the photo as, for completeness, it includes the 2 Test Models already painted from before the ETL*

17669853692_ef77cfc642.jpg

(5 Vanguard with 2 Arc Rifles and Omnispex - About 50% Complete)

17486094209_c4811a76c8.jpg

('Thanatar' 1)

Dark Mechanicum: Kastelan Robots (WiP)

Posted this in the AdMech Forum as a unique thread to hopefully change people's opinions of the Kastelans but I'm including it here too for anyone who may have missed it there.

(I'll just copy and paste the relevant parts from there)

17742869936_561e9450e7.jpg

17119713464_b50aaf47f9.jpg17742871556_e48b810c37.jpg

Conversion Guide:

1. Added a Chaos Vehicle Sprue Muzzle to the end of his shoulder mounted gun.

2. Brass Etch on Helmet and Chest - the Chaos arrow on his Helmet will be his 'nose' and will be used as a guide for 'skull mask' warpaint similar to my Golephs (Sicarians) although it will be full face this time rather than half.

3. Breathing Tube added to Helmet from Helbrute Spares.

4. Helbrute thing (not really sure what exactly it is) on one shoulder to add spikes and bulk it up.

5. General repositioning to look cooler.

6. The rest of the look will be from how it is painted.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea how I missed this, but I love it. I love everything in this thread. That magos is one of the coolest conversions I've ever seen.

Also, excellent choice of forge world. ;)

Ah, man, these are awesome.

Like, really awesome.

Like so awesome that the awesome capacitators of my mind just got shorted out by the awesomeness of this awesome thread.

jawdrop.gif

Anyways, the main reason I commented was not to remind you of the awesomeness of your minis, because surely you need not be reminded of that, but to draw your attention to the Scrapcode Symposium, B&C's (mostly inactive) Dark Mechanicum community. I hope to see you there!msn-wink.gif

(Time has passed). "You there peon!.....,yes my lord?!??...,Check in with Apostle!,i need a status update! it's been some time since he last replied!,check that his post hasn't been over run by those damnable Skitarii units we saw earlier!...what are you waiting for?,do you wish to taste my Boot...again?" ..."Arghhh I'm ever so sorry my lord!, I shall vox him immediately"... Bzzzt..."Apostle?, are you there? ,check in Apostle!" .....For darkness sake check in please!?! ..... Sorry Master! there seems to be no response as of yet"....+whimper+ (...a brief silence followed by the crunching sound of a steeled boot against teeth....ohmy.png)

............?

@Dez - Can't say I was at first either, but the minute I got the kit and had a fiddle I loved them - so easy to convert too! (plus it seems they are actually going to be really good in-game too).

@A Kvlt Ghost - Wow!! Thanks a lot; always a pleasure to hear such enthusiastic comments! I'm glad you like the Magos, he is a favourite of mine too and would not have happened if not for the Sicarian release as a lot of people use that body as a basis so I wanted to be totally different from all the other versions.
Cheers! The Word Bearers are my main army (and I like to explore the fluff a lot too) so there was no other choice but Ghalmek in order for all my Chaos foces to link up.

@The Psycho - Thanks man! Means a lot to hear that. Haha, it is always nice to get compliments from the guys here too though, as while I think they are awesome (if I didn't they wouldn't be finished) I'm hardly objective so any outside imput is more than appreciated.
Definitely, I'll be sure to check that out msn-wink.gif

@Mithrilforge - Hey! I'm here haha (and with updates) - mainly just been doing the odd bit here and there on my ETL Vow so not had much to update really.

+++ ETL Update 2 +++

18260460855_c638eb7411.jpg

(Word Bearers Contemptor - COMPLETE)

Dark Mechanicum - Electro-Priests

After a day of playing around with this kit, trying to figure out how to make it more 'Dark Mechanicum like' this was the result...

17639883443_a2a2672ba3.jpg

Archived