Night Lords 2,500 points - C&C requested

Warp Rider

So I am attempting to build a fluffy list that is able to, for the most part, stand up to other Legion lists. I have made peace with the fact that my ideal list will probably not be as optimized as possible. However, any comments and criticism would be greatly appreciated!

Rite of War

Terror Assault

HQ

Sevatar - 175 points

Elites

Terminator Squad (10) - Cataphracti Armor, Combibolter and Powerweapon (9), Sgt w/ dual Lightning Claws - 340 points

-- Spartan Assault Tank - Flare Shield - 320 points

Troops

Terror Squad (10) - Bolt pistol and Chainsword (5), Volkite Chargers (5), Headsman w/ Meltabombs - 230 points

Terror Squad (10) - Bolt pistol and Chainsword (5), Volkite Chargers (5), Headsman w/ Meltabombs - 230 points

Fast Attack

Night Raptor Squad (15) - Bolt Pistol and Chainsword (15), Huntmaster w/ Meltabombs - 355 points

Heavy Support

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank - Lascannon Sponsons - 175 points

Lord of War

Konrad Curze, Primarch - 435 points

Total: 2490 points

I'm not opposed to them, I'm thinking maybe 4-5 powerfists in the squad and then dropping a few Raptors to free up the needed points.

The list as it stands was built with the mindset of placing as many bodies as I could within the confines of the ROW.

Primarily, all your terror squads have 10 x bp and chainsword, you can have the volkites in addition to this (if you didn't know, if you did, sorry bout that).

Next zero ways to deal with anti air sufficiently, you can hope the lascannon pot shot, but if your facing down a fire raptor, you may want to think about including a mortis contemptor or deredeo, so you can take it down faster.

You can do close combat curze is a troop muncher, but your sergeants need more edge, especially the night raptor huntmaster, to take full advantage of onslaught. Personally for me it's an axe or chainglaive, depending on who you want to take down.

With the Terror Squads, my thinking was having five guys with Volkite and five with bolters/chainswords, but I definitely see your point about giving the Headsmen chainglaives...so I guess my current leaning is 9x volkite chargers and Headsmen with chainglaives.

For anti-air, I was considering dropping the Sicaran and adding a Mortis Contemptor with kheres assault cannons and maybe a cyclone missle launcher?

Much thanks for the response, my list-building ability has always been weak so I appreciate the help.

With the Terror Squads, my thinking was having five guys with Volkite and five with bolters/chainswords, but I definitely see your point about giving the Headsmen chainglaives...so I guess my current leaning is 9x volkite chargers and Headsmen with chainglaives.

For anti-air, I was considering dropping the Sicaran and adding a Mortis Contemptor with kheres assault cannons and maybe a cyclone missle launcher?

I think the reference to the Terror Squads is that everyone of them carries the BP and CSwrd/CB, so this doesn't need to be mentioned on your roster.  You then add (not swap or switch) the Volkite Chargers in addition to their standard gear, meaning that you write your entry as "Terror Squad (10), x5 Chargers, Headsman w/Chainglaive" etc.

I'd remove the Sicaran for the Deredeo if it's just Anti Air you wanted, but I'd probably have both a Sicaran and Contemptor Mortis with Kheres together if just using those two models.  No idea what to suggest for you to switch about to do that though.

I like the list. Personally instead of the contemptor Mortis I would recommend a deredo instead for anti air. It's got more firepower and has longer range while the contemptors has to stay still. I second helterskelters idea to upgrade your nigh raptors. I would try to get some chainglaives and power weapons into the squad. Also I notice you have a spartan for your termies. The problem is that it's your only vehicle besides the sicarian and/or dreadnoughts you have. It will get focused down quit quickly. Personally I would recommend you have them deepstrike them in near sevater. It's pretty fluffy and thematic as well ;). I hope that helps. And happy hunting!

Archived