I've noticed when it comes to Blood Angels Sucessor chapters, there are quite a few Flesh Tearer and Angels Sanguine armies out there.  There even seem to be a few Carmine Blades armies around now, as well as custom chapters.

What about the others?  Does anyone have Angels Encarmine, Angels Vermillion or Blood Drinkers armies that they use or have seen around?  If so, any pictures that you'd like to share?

There are some awesome Flesh eaters around:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/245078-flesh-eaters-pic-heavy/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/256870-flesh-eaters/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/232576-something-newish-flesh-eaters-wip/

I could have sworn to have seen Lamenters on this forum as well but cannot find them at the moment.

For the successors you already mentioned, just search the Forge for those chapters, you should find lots of topics.

I'd forgotten that the Lamenters were a Blood Angels successor.  There are some very cool armies out there.

Also very nice to see some Angels Encarmine and Blood Drinkers.  I suppose Angels Vermillion are a bit too close to the standard Blood Angels look to be all that appealing as an alternative.

What about Knights of Blood?  I know they're renegade, so it would be very cool to see what people have done with them.

Im doing an Angels Vermillion force for ETL this year. I like that they are so close to Blood Angel that I can use the new models as they are. I just have to learn how to freehand tiny skulls on the chapter symbol ohmy.png

I originally wanted to do a Flesheaters force but the ornate new models didn't feel right to me.

Ultimately, I wanted to do a darker red and not worry about helmet colors while being able to leave all the cool iconography on the new models as they are. Angels Vermillion let me write my own fluff and decide the way to go with my colors for the most part. I was very close to choosing the Carmine Blades but I didn't want to deal with that chapter symbol.

Here is a very early WIP of my first tac squad.

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x338/Aquarium_Drinker/20150428_111959.jpg

The one thing that bothers me is that they barely even mention Flesh Eaters, or Exsanguinators in the new Blood Angels codex. Their like a foot note to the Blood Angels successor story. And the fact that the Carmine Blades are included yet the Flesh Eaters have been around since Rogue Trader days makes it ridiculous for GW to subtract their existence from BA lore. Seems to me they want to wash the sons of Sanguinius RT successors under the table, as they've re-done other RT chapters like Minotaurs, Lamenters, Mantis Warriors, etc 

If they don't add the Flesh Eaters in the next codex I vote we riot. :) 
I'd like them to make some fluff about the Exsanguinators, but that's wishful thinking. 

The one thing that bothers me is that they barely even mention Flesh Eaters, or Exsanguinators in the new Blood Angels codex. Their like a foot note to the Blood Angels successor story. And the fact that the Carmine Blades are included yet the Flesh Eaters have been around since Rogue Trader days makes it ridiculous for GW to subtract their existence from BA lore. Seems to me they want to wash the sons of Sanguinius RT successors under the table, as they've re-done other RT chapters like Minotaurs, Lamenters, Mantis Warriors, etc

If they don't add the Flesh Eaters in the next codex I vote we riot. smile.png

I'd like them to make some fluff about the Exsanguinators, but that's wishful thinking.

I know its sad isnt it.

To me it just seams like more evidence that GW are 'kiddifying' 40k, by which I mean the removal or dumbing down of anything that may be seen as 'too much' for the little tykes. This can also be seen in the fluff and the way the codex is written, its all bland and simple, almost like reading standards have dropped over the last 10 years.

This is also the main reason I gravitate towards Forgeworlds Heresy books these days, as someone who is in it for the fluff [i only have about 15 models ;) ] the GW rulebooks read like the adventures of tintin -_-

At this point I think the only reason the Flesh Tearers are still around is because there so popular, not to say they Flesh Eaters and their fluff isnt totally awesome but its more of a niche fandom as only the good old boys remember... Would guarantee that if I was painting up a squad of Flesh Eaters at my local club, the kids newer to the franchise would think its a DIY :(

My army is Angels Vermillion.  I picked them basically because I liked the darker red color and the fact that there is hardly any official fluff for them so its easy to make my own.

If they don't add the Flesh Eaters in the next codex I vote we riot. smile.png

I know its sad isnt it.

To me it just seams like more evidence that GW are 'kiddifying' 40k, by which I mean the removal or dumbing down of anything that may be seen as 'too much' for the little tykes. This can also be seen in the fluff and the way the codex is written, its all bland and simple, almost like reading standards have dropped over the last 10 years.

This is also the main reason I gravitate towards Forgeworlds Heresy books these days, as someone who is in it for the fluff [i only have about 15 models msn-wink.gif ] the GW rulebooks read like the adventures of tintin sleep.png

At this point I think the only reason the Flesh Tearers are still around is because there so popular, not to say they Flesh Eaters and their fluff isnt totally awesome but its more of a niche fandom as only the good old boys remember... Would guarantee that if I was painting up a squad of Flesh Eaters at my local club, the kids newer to the franchise would think its a DIY sad.png

Flesh Tearers get their own relics, warlord traits and FOC in Shield of Baal: Exterminatus (along with a bucket load of short stories in the book) and they are the only BA successor chapter to have these things. As well as they are the only successor chapter to have their own special character (outside of FW). They are easy the most recognized of the successor chapters. Trying to pass them off as some forgotten relic of the past is a bit much...

You misunderstand my post, brother, fivepointedstar and I are talking about the Flesh Eaters.

I even went on to mention that the Flesh Tearers didnt suffer the same fate [in the IP] as the Flesh Eaters did in my last paragraph... At no point did I ever try to pass them off as a relic of the past

The flesh eaters were already destroyed in the 5th Ed codex. So there is not much need to write much about them in the newest one. C:SM does not have much about all previously destroyed chapters either.

Not my primary gaming army but I sometimes field the Knights of Blood. In the 5th/6th codex they had a bit of background as being too brutal and bloody even by BA standards and being on the verge of excommunication but still in the Imperial fold. In the current 'dex they barely warrant a footnote.

You misunderstand my post, brother, fivepointedstar and I are talking about the Flesh Eaters.

I even went on to mention that the Flesh Tearers didnt suffer the same fate [in the IP] as the Flesh Eaters did in my last paragraph... At no point did I ever try to pass them off as a relic of the past

This is what happens when you read forums with far too little sleep and far too much work.  Your brain starts to auto correct things it shouldn't.  Carry on.

This is what happens when you read forums with far too little sleep and far too much work. Your brain starts to auto correct things it shouldn't. Carry on.

No harm done happy.png

On Topic: I've always wanted to do a squad of Lamenters but I suck at yellow sad.png

Yellow is hard men.

Thats why you never see a badly painted Imperial Fist army, only people who really know what they are doing would dare to try. >_<

There are plenty of badly painted Imperial Fist armies out there.  The kids love them some Bolter Drill.  :P

As for Lamenters, I would think their base colour would be a little easier to paint as it's a darker, mustard yellow as opposed to the bright, golden yellow of the Fists.  They hardest part about painting Lamenters would probably be the check patterns and chapter icons on the shoulder.

Archived