IHF's Archive: Sketching the Heresy - The Manufactorum

Looking grand :-) Any hints about the rules/theme of the Revenant Terminators? I'd also be interested in a unit to help represent the Stor-Bezashk, which are under represented in my opinion.

The idea behind the Revenant Vets is that they're a new style of veteran squad patterned after a number of Dropsite veteran cells - that being a unit of power armoured marines lead by a TDA equipped sergeant. Rules-wise, that'll manifest as follows:

* Cataphractii sarge with combi-bolter & power weapon, can take Lightning Claw / Thunder Hammer

* Hardened power armour vets with combi-graviton guns, BP & chainsword

* 1 in 3 can take rotor cannon w/ bio-corrosive ammo / graviton gun / heavy bolter / plasma cannon / volkite culverin (all with suspensor web)

* All can get power weapons, rad grenades & melta bombs

* They can't run or make sweeping advances cause of the sarge, but they are fearless and have FNP (4+)

* They'll have a special Keys of Hel / Mechanicum resurrection option which will allow them to resurrect dead models (on a roll) but they'll never be scoring & can't be joined by characters

All these are subject to change as I finalise them, I'm currently finishing off the EC units rules & fluff, so that'll be a while yet

In terms of the Stor-Bezashk, I didn't really have any particularly interesting ideas for entirely new units - they'd be better covered by integrating existing units (like Militia artillery emplacements & Minotaurs) into the IW list, as well as existing standard units, and that wasn't something I really wanted to cover with this. That said, the Whirlwind Fulcrum will come under their purview.

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic

Right, time for some background & rules:

IIIrd Legion: Emperor’s Children:

HQ:

Peruram Consul

For the warriors of the Emperor’s Children, a commander’s failure was the ultimate dereliction of duty, one that ultimately entailed the taking of one’s life among the Lord Commanders of the Legion, and demotion or consignment to the Destroyer Cadres for lower ranked officers. For those stations between these highest and lowest tiers of command, or positions which entailed specialized expertise however, there was another path. Considered too experienced to be dispatched to ignominy, but not prominent enough to present a permanent stain on the Legion’s honour, such officers (usually between Consul and Lieutenant Commander in rank) were stripped of all honours and battle-record, and directly assigned to a mid-tier Legion officer at the Millenial or Battalion level to act as an advisor and more often than not, serve within a sacrificial force should the opportunity arise.

Designated as Peruram Centurion-Consuls, such figures were tolerated by their assigned overseers and shunned by the officers under him, pariahs and outcasts within a Legion for which personal honour was as much a component of rank as strategic acumen. As the Emperor’s Children took their first steps upon the path which would ultimately lead to their widespread corruption, the position of Peruram took on a darker aspect, as such failed officers placed themselves at the mercy of Chief Apothecary Fabius in a desperate effort to erase the weakness which had led to whatever failure had cast them down. The debased monstrosities that were spawned as a result rarely survived long, but their final days were almost always bloodier than any which had come before.    

Wargear:

* May not take a boarding shield, power fist, thunder hammer, Bike, Jetbike or Terminator armour.

Special Rules:

* Lone Killer

* Blood Tinctures: At the start of each turn, the Blood Tinctures can be used by rolling a D6 and consulting the following table:

1. Organ Failure: The Peruram permanently decreases their Toughness value by 1
  2. Necrosis: All attacks made against the Peruram in the opposing player’s next turn gain the Poisoned rule.
  3. Metabolite Stimulus: All of the Peruram’s close combat attacks gain the Rending special rule for the remainder of the turn.
  4. Pain Synthesesia: For each wound the Peruram has lost, they gain an additional D3 Attacks this turn.
  5. Neural Surge: For the remainder of the turn, the Peruram gains the effects of the Precognition psychic power.
  6. Mitotic Elevation: The Peruram gains the It Will Not Die special rule for the remainder of the turn.

ELITES:

Terata Reborn Squad

As the true extent of Horus’ rebellion was revealed upon the black sands of Isstvan V, so too were the shackles of Imperial edict and Emperor-decreed censure cast aside, revealing a character within each of the Traitor Legions which would darken and corrupt as the war ground on. For the Emperor’s Children, this descent would be swift and near-absolute, with the cankers at the heart of the Legion finally exposed. Chief Apothecary Fabius’ role in his Legion’s corruption would emerge as he was finally granted full reign to manipulate the very makeup of space marine physiology.

His first successful batch of ‘enhanced Astartes’, the Terata are a mix of captive Loyalists, condemned failures from within his Legion’s own ranks, and misguided volunteers eager for glory. Whatever their origin, the Terata were utterly subjugated to Fabius’ own will, their minds fragmented and often unstable, but their mutilated bodies both stronger and faster than their previous selves, an abhorrent parody of perfection that would be reviled by any sane mind.  

Terata Reborn:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 5   W: 1   I: 5   A: 1   Ld: 8   Sv: 3+

Terata Ascendant:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 5   W: 1   I: 5   A: 2   Ld: 9   Sv: 3+

Unit Composition:

* 4 Terata Reborn

* 1 Terata Ascendant

Unit Type:

* Terata Reborn: Infantry

* Terata Ascendant: Infantry (Character)

Wargear:

* Power armour

* Combi-needler

* Demi-narthecium

* Bolt pistol

* Combat blade

* Frag and krak grenades

Special Rules:

* Legiones Astartes (Emperor’s Children)

* Fearless

* Unstable Physiology

Options:

* The Terrata Reborn Squad may take:

- Up to 5 additional Terata Reborn

* For every four models in the squad, one Terata Reborn may exchange their combi-needler for one of the following:

- Flamer

- Plasma gun

- Single lightning claw

* The Terata Ascendant may exchange their bolt pistol for one of the following:

- Volkite serpenta

- Plasma pistol

* The Terata Ascendant may exchange their combat blade for one of the following:

- Charnabal sabre

- Single lightning claw

- Power weapon

Combi-needler:

A combi-needler is a combi-weapon which uses the assult needler profile for its one use secondary weapon:

Assault needler:    Range: 18”   Str: 2   AP: 5   Type: Assault 2, Poisoned (4+), Rending

Demi-narthecium:

A device created in both twisted parody and as counterpart to the narthecium carried by the Legion’s Apothecaries, the Teratas’ demi-narthecium are utilised by Chef Apothecary Fabius’ ‘enhanced’ Astartes to harvest the geneseed of their slain foes to fuel their master’s dark predilections. A demi-narthecium counts as a combat blade in melee, and additionally any unit wiped out in close combat by a unit equipped with demi-narthecium surrenders double Victory points in a mission which where Victory points are scored for destroying units.

Unstable Physiology:

Utilising an array of forbidden gene-forging and xenografting techniques, Chief Apothecary Fabius endowed his first generation of Terata with a greater resistance to trauma and speed of action than even that provided by Astartes physiology. However, the level of manipulation undergone by such subjects often rendered their biology unstable and temperamental, revealing vulnerabilities even Fabius’ corrupted genius could not overcome. Failed To Wound rolls made against models with this special rule which have the Fleshbane or Poisoned rule must be re-rolled.

Dedicated Transport:

* As long as it numbers no more than 10 models, the squad may choose a Rhino as a Dedicated Transport. Note that if the army contains a character that has one of the Rites of War special rules, other Dedicated Transport options may be available for the squad.

ELITES:

Seraph Strike Squad

Formed from among the ranks of the IIIrd Legion’s Tactical Veterans, Seraph Strike units are an elite cadre of reserve troops found amongst most Emperor’s Children detachments of Battalion size and above. Over the course of an engagement, Seraph units will be continuously re-deployed to combat myriad targets, utilising high mobility and considerable firepower to counter any conceivable threat, prioritising versatility to ensure victory by any means.

Usually deployed as a superior reserve force to engage unprecedented hazards which threaten to stall the Legion’s advance, the Seraph are a lance against any opponents which lie outside of their commanders’ plans. Amongst the rank-and-file of the Legion, the Seraph have a well-deserved reputation for seizing victory from the jaws of defeat, although this is a standing paid for many times over in the bloodiest sacrifice.  

Seraph:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 8   Sv: 3+

Seraph Paradigm:   WS: 5   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 9   Sv: 3+

Unit Composition:

* 4 Seraph

* 1 Seraph Paradigm

Unit Type:

* Seraph: Jump Infantry

* Seraph Paradigm: Jump Infantry (Character)

Wargear:

* Power armour

* Volkite charger

* Bolt pistol

* Chainsword or combat blade

* Frag and krak grenades

* Jump Pack

* Sonic shrieker

Special Rules:

* Hit and Run

* No Matter the Odds

Options:

* The Seraph Strike Squad may take:

- Up to 15 additional Seraph

* The entire squad may take melta bombs

* For every four models in the squad, one Seraph may exchange their volkite charger for one of the following:

- Flamer

- Melta gun

- Plasma gun

- Volkite caliver with suspensor web

- Missile launcher with suspensor web (frag & krak missiles)

* Alternatively, instead of exchanging their volkite charger, for every four models in the squad, one Seraph may exchange their chainsword / combat blade for one of the following:

- Single lightning claw

- Thunder hammer

* The Seraph Paradigm may exchange their bolt pistol for one of the following:

- Plasma pistol

- Inferno pistol

* The Seraph Paradigm may exchange their chainsword / combat blade for one of the following:

- Charnabal sabre

- Single lightning claw

- Phoenix power spear

- Thunder hammer

No Matter the Odds:

This unit, and any Legiones Astartes (Emperor’s Children) units within 12” automatically regroup, and ignore any negative modifiers to their Leadership value.

FAST ATTACK:

Jetbike Tempestor Squadron

The elite of the IIIrd Legion’s extensive Jetbike-mounted divisions, the Tempestors form dedicated assault units devoted to striking down the strongest foes their enemy can muster in a single crushing charge from the heavens. As much a representation of the Legion’s pride and will incarnate as a tactical consideration, their role in the Emperor’s Children line of battle ensures only the most skillful members of the Legion’s Sky Hunter and Sky Slayer squadrons can hope to be numbered among their ranks, even after decades at the forefront of the Great Crusade.  

Clad in gilded plate and mounted upon specially modified Raptorum pattern Jetbikes, the Tempestors’ preferred vector of attack is to shroud themselves within the sun’s glare, their shimmering power fields and lustrous armour hiding their true nature until they are among their foe, scything them down with gleaming power lances and blasting apart whatever remains in volleys of thunderous bolter-fire.  

Tempestor:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 5   W: 1   I: 4   A: 1   Ld: 8   Sv: 2+

Tempestor Champion:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 5   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 9   Sv: 2+

Unit Composition:

* 3 Tempestors

Unit Type:

* Tempestor: Jetbike

* Tempestor: Jetbike (Character)

Wargear:

* Artificer armour

* Bolt pistol

* Power lance

* Frag and krak grenades

* Raptorum Jetbike with a combi-bolter

Special Rules:

* Skilled Rider

* Deep Strike

Options:

* The squad may take:

- Up to 7 additional Tempestors

* The entire squad may take:

- Melta bombs

- Sonic shriekers

* For every three models in the squad, one may exchange their Jetbike’s combi-bolter for one of the following:

- Twin-linked volkite charger

- Twin-linked plasma gun

* One Tempestor may be upgraded to a Tempestor Champion

* The squad’s Tempestor Champion may exchange their bolt pistol for one of the following:

- Volkite serpent

- Hand flamer

- Plasma pistol

* The squad’s Tempestor Champion may exchange their power lance for one of the following:

- Phoenix power spear

- Thunder hammer

Raptorum Jetbike:

Lavished with detailing and a range of modifications by the artificers of the Emperor’s Children, the Raptorum Jetbike is a variation of the Bullock pattern widespread among the Legions. Whilst the addition of a gilded Palatine Aquilla upon its prow is the most distinctive adjustment, the most significant alteration comes in the form of the Raptorum pattern’s more modest armament, which allows for an array of defensive field generators and projectors built into the Jetbike’s frame, granting the Tempestors greater endurance as required by their close-assault role over other Jetbike formations.

Raptorum Jetbikes are identical to Scimitar Jetbikes, with the added provision of providing a 5+ Invulnerable Save.

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Sun-killer Devastator Squad

The ‘Sun-killer’ Devastators of the Emperor’s Children are a shining example of their Legion’s strategic tendency towards highly specialized ‘elite’ units, assembled from the most prodigious members of their Heavy Support squads and assigned the singular task of annihilating armoured enemy constructs and warmachines. Named for the blinding light and exceptionally powerful energy beams unleashed by their enhanced lascannon, the Sun-killers are relied upon to render the greatest threats to the Legion’s warriors to scorched hulks, a task which they have fulfilled unerringly through some of the greatest battles prosecuted by the Emperor’s Children. 

Sun-killer Devastator:   WS: 4   BS: 5   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 1   Ld: 8   Sv: 3+

Sun-killer Sergeant:   WS: 4   BS: 5   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 9   Sv: 3+

Unit Composition:

* 4 Sun-killer Devastators

* 1 Sun-killer Sergeant

Unit Type:

* Sun-killer Devastator: Infantry

* Sun-killer Sergeant: Infantry (Character)

Wargear:

* Power armour

* Bolt pistol

* Frag and krak grenades

* Sun-killer lascannon

* Augary scanner (Sun-killer Sergeant only)

Special Rules:

* Precision Shots

* Split Fire

Options:

* The Sun-killer Devastator Squad may take:

- Up to 5 additional Sun-killer Devastators

* The Sun-killer Sergeant may exchange their Sun-killer lascannon for one of the following:

- Nuncio-vox and chainsword or combat blade

- Nuncio-vox and charnabal sabre

- Nuncio-vox and power weapon

- Nuncio-vox and power fist

- Nuncio-vox and single lightning claw

* The Sun-killer Sergeant may take any of the following:

- Artificer armour

- Melta bombs

* If the Sun-killer Sergeant is not carrying a Sun-killer lascannon, they may take any of the following options:

- Bolter

- Combi-bolter

- Exchange their bolt pistol for a plasma pistol

Sun-killer Lascannon:

For the Emperor’s Children, enhancement of one’s wargear for its allotted task was merely an extension of their desire for perfection in each given theatre of war, with the Sun-killer pattern lascannon presenting a prime example of this drive. Hand-crafted by the artificers of the Emperor’s Children unlike the mass-produced patterns widely distributed to all Legions, the Sun-killer pattern was conceived to push the Astartes-portable lascannon to the limits of its operational capacity, with a higher energy output than every analogous pattern allowing it to penetrate the thickest armour but requiring the highest-tolerance material components available in order to prevent lethal thermal bleed with every discharge.

Sun-killer Lascannon:    Range: 48”   Str: 9   AP: 2   Type: Heavy 1, Blind, Sunder, Gets Hot

Dedicated Transport:

* As long as it numbers no more than 10 models, the squad may choose a Rhino as a Dedicated Transport. Note that if the army contains a character that has one of the Rites of War special rules, other Dedicated Transport options may be available for the squad.

Very excited to see this rule set, along with the previous concept sketches! A little too many traitorous elements for my liking, but I guess they are a traitor legion.....

Whilst I'd developed a similar concept of an elite Assault Squad prior to reading your blog, I'll re-dedicate them as Seraph as the resemblance is uncanny!! I've a few concepts and a test on my plog, when I've got them presentable I'll show them off here!!

I'm also working on the jet bike and Sun Killer idea, so super impressed with your rules for them!! I've also got a test Sun Killer on my thread, but would love to hear your thoughts on them; I've used a mix of Mkvi devastator legs, tough looking torsos thus far.

Yeah they're looking great, adding some molecular bonding studs to the Sunkillers might be a (relatively easy?) way to help tie them in to the collected visions artwork - especially like the use of the classic raptor jump packs, which was pretty much the central theme around which I assembled the original Seraph concept - the whole idea revolved around the grills on the metal models' pauldrons being cool places to incorporate sonic shriekers :

gallery_53779_9225_1480403.jpg

SUN-KILLERS <3

Perfect rules.

Thanks man, that's good to hear, especially considering my lack of experience gaming

Generally, I try to tow the line and keep pretty conservative (small c) with these rules, the ideal being having only a single new special rule / piece of wargear per unit (even none if possible), so it's nice to know they'd be fun to use and that I'm not just playing it too safe

I'd say they are an interesting concept. The name kinda reminds me of the Sun Legion in Rogue Trooper, even though the core idea behind each is almost completely different (besides the fact that they are both elite formations). ^_^ 

Quick progress update on Lheor - I've only done the first layer of highlighting & shading on everything other than his head & the ammo belt, but the current plan is to have everything detailed to the same extent as the former:

gallery_53779_12611_157998.jpg

I've finished the rules for the Iron Warriors' 5 new unique units, I'm just in the process of writing up their background blurbs

I'd say they are an interesting concept. The name kinda reminds me of the Sun Legion in Rogue Trooper, even though the core idea behind each is almost completely different (besides the fact that they are both elite formations). :happy.:

Huh, well it's entirely possible they were a touching point for FW's writing team when they described the Sun-Killers in Betrayal?

Okay, the Iron Warriors' units are done - they're a bit more rules-heavy than the ECs, but I'll be using the Saturnine TDA again so hopefully that'll pay off in the long run

IVth Legion: Iron Warriors:

ELITE:

Archon Terminator Squad

Suffering the admonishment of their father following their deemed failure during the Battle of Phall, the Iron Warriors faced this new judgement in much the same way as they had any obstacle which had overcome their might during the Great Crusade: by turning their cold and calculating minds to a solution. At every level of their hierarchy, the IVth Legion began the task of reforming both their battle strategies and their wargear for the purpose of destroying their fellow Astartes among those Legions who had refused to declare for the Warmaster.

The Archon terminators are a direct result of this new drive which gripped the Iron Warriors, a wedding of long supplanted equipment with fearsome new technology to produce a force capable of both enduring the firepower of their Loyalist counterparts, but also unleashing devastation in excess of that which had been delivered upon them, whether in melee or at range. Bearing graviton maces and karceri assault mantlets both constructed in imitation of the daunting Iron Circle of their Primarch, the warriors who constituted the first Archon Terminator squads were the broken remnants of veteran units sundered during the Battle of Phall, warriors whose need to discard their marred honour verged on obsession.   

Archon Terminator:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 8   Sv: 2+

Archon Terminator Sergeant:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 9   Sv: 2+

Unit Composition:

* 4 Archon Terminators

* 1 Archon Terminator Sergeant

Unit Type:

* Archon Terminator: Infantry

* Archon Terminator Sergeant: Infantry (Character)

Wargear:

* Saturnine pattern Terminator Armour with carapace-mounted combi-bolter

* Karceri assault mantlet

* Combi-weapon

* Nuncio-vox (Archon Terminator Sergeant only)

Special Rules:

* Legiones Astartes (Iron Warriors)

* Implacable Advance

Options:

* The Archon Terminator squad may take:

- Up to 5 additional Archon Terminators

* Any model in the unit may exchange their combi-weapon for a:

- Graviton mace

* Any model in the unit may exchange their saturnine pattern terminator armour’s carapace-mounted combi-bolter for a:

- Volkite caliver

- Grenade launcher (frag & krak grenades)

* All models in the unit may purchase banestrike rounds for their combi-bolters and the bolter component of their combi-weapons

Graviton Mace:

Constructed by the Warsmiths of the IVth Legion in imitation of the colossal weapons wielded by Perturabo's Iron Circle, the first graviton mauls were assembled from the vast array of graviton weaponry scavenged from the fallen of the Xth Legion upon the black sands of Isstvan V, capable of unleashing catastrophic force unrivalled by most weapons of their size.

Graviton Mace:    Range: -   Str: User   AP: 2   Type: Melee, Concussive, Smash, Unwieldy*

*Unwieldy only applies when making a Smash Attack

Karceri Assault Mantlet:

Developed from the karceri battle shields of the Iron Circle in much the same way as the archons’ graviton maces, the karceri assault mantlet integrates components of the mechanicum’s flare shield technology to siphon off the energy of incoming attacks, providing yet another layer of defence against which most small-arms fire is rendered insignificant. The karceri assault mantlet reduces the Strength of shooting attacks made against the model by -1, which increases to -2 for weapons with the Template or Blast type. A model equipped with a karceri assault mantlet also counts as being equipped with defensive grenades, but may never claim the extra attack for being equipped with an additional close combat weapon.

Saturnine Pattern Terminator Armour:

Among the first batch of prototype designs developed for the tactical dreadnought armour project, the primary feature which differentiated saturnine pattern terminator armour from its counterparts was its integration of a carapace weapon mount to provide additional firepower to its wearer. However, the reinforced exoskeleton and array of gyroscopic actuators (housed within the armour’s colossal pauldrons) required to provide a stable firing platform for this secondary weapon considerably reduced the mobility of the suit, and consequently the Legions’ stocks of saturnine armour had been mostly supplanted by other patterns of terminator plate by the mid-era Great Crusade. That said, alongside many other older aspects of Astartes’ wargear, the onset of the Horus Heresy resulted in a surge in usage of the saturnine pattern as both sides of the war sought to replenish their stocks of depleted arms and armour, as well as a number of newly modified variants built in an attempt to surpass existing patterns of tactical dreadnought armour.

Models equipped with saturnine pattern terminator armour apply all the listed rules and effects for wearing terminator armour, and may also never make Run moves or Overwatch Attacks, and reduce Charge distances by 1” to a minimum of 1”. Additionally, saturnine pattern terminator armour comes listed with a carapace mounted ranged weapon (if this is not listed in the unit’s profile, this weapon is a combi-bolter), which some units may be able to exchange for another weapon if detailed in their options. Whenever a model equipped with saturnine pattern terminator armour would be eligible to fire a ranged weapon, they may also make a single attack with their carapace-mounted weapon, in addition to any other ranged attack they might make, as long as all their ranged attacks are made against the same target.

Dedicated Transport:

* An Archon Terminator squad which numbers 5 models may take a Land Raider Phobos or Land Raider Proteus as a Dedicated Transport, or a Spartan if it numbers 10 models or less.

ELITE:

Stormbreaker Veteran Squad

Among the ranks of the Tyranthikos, ‘Stormbreaker’ squads are the primary format utilised by units when they take to the field without the Terminator armour which marks the majority of their deployments – where versatility of purpose is required more than sheer endurance. Stormbreaker squads serve as elite linebreaker units where tactical support will be limited, requiring them to primarily operate independently (often behind enemy lines) and therefore face myriad obstacles that would otherwise be countered by the precision deployment of specialist divisions.

A hybrid of veteran tactical, assault and destroyer squad with regard to wargear and expertise, such diverse specialism is only possible as a result of the flexible unit assignment required of every Iron Warriors legionary. Despite this seeming lack of focus, as a member of the ‘Dominators’, each Stormbreaker veteran has fought through a score of the Legion’s most brutal siege actions to earn his place, to the point where such actions are a matter of instinct as much as conscious thought.

Stormbreaker Veteran:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 8   Sv: 3+

Stormbreaker Sergeant:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 9   Sv: 3+

Unit Composition:

* 4 Stormbreaker Veterans

* 1 Stormbreaker Sergeant

Unit Type:

* Stormbreaker Veteran: Infantry

* Stormbreaker Sergeant: Infantry (Character)

Wargear:

* Power armour

* Combi-weapon

* Heavy chainsword

* Frag and krak grenades

* Bolt pistol (Stormbreaker Sergeant only)

Special Rules:

* Legiones Astartes (Iron Warriors)

* Hardened Armour

* Stubborn

* Ruin Strider

Options:

* The Stormbreaker Veteran squad may take:

- Up to 15 additional Stormbreaker Veterans

* The entire squad may take one of the following options:

- Rad grenades

- Melta bombs

* One Stormbreaker Veteran may take a:

- Nuncio-vox

* One Stormbreaker Veteran may carry a:

- Legion vexilla

* For every five models in the squad, one Stormbreaker Veteran may exchange their combi-weapon for one of the following:

- Lascutter

- Heavy flamer

- Heavy bolter with suspensor web and shrapnel bolts

* Alternatively, instead of exchanging their combi-weapon, for every five models in the squad, one Stormbreaker Veteran may exchange their heavy chainsword for one of the following:

- Power maul

- Power fist

- Thunder hammer

* The Stormbreaker Sergeant may exchange their bolt pistol for one of the following:

- Hand flamer

- Plasma pistol

- Inferno pistol

* The Stormbreaker Sergeant may exchange their heavy chainsword for one of the following:

- Power weapon

- Power fist

- Single lightning claw

- Thunder hammer

* The Stormbreaker Sergeant may take any of the following options:

- Artificer armour

- One breaching charge

Ruin Strider:

A unit with this special rule may re-roll failed cover saves. Additionally, they have the Move Through Cover special rule.

Dedicated Transport:

* As long as it numbers no more than 10 models, the squad may choose a Land Raider Phobos or Land Raider Proteus as a Dedicated Transport.

TROOPS:

Castellan Rhino Phalanx (0-1)

A hallmark of IVth Legion combat doctrine, the routine employment of fortifications wherever possible shaped the organization of the Iron Warriors considerably, with some of the Imperium’s greatest engineers counted among the ranks of Perturabo’s Legion. The rapid assembly of fortified positions to anchor the Iron Warriors’ advance resulted in a number of unique designs of both modular fortification and armoured vehicle, the most numerous of which is without doubt the Castellan Rhino.

Constructed to function as a mobile bunker, the Castellan Rhino features heavier armour than its counterparts, which combines with a series of entrenching drills upon the vehicle’s exterior to transform the transport into an immobile bastion at a moment’s notice, providing the IVth Legion’s infantry with a means of immediately reinforcing their line in the face of enemy counterattack or ambush. Often employed by the Legion’s support squads as a defensible firing position, the Castellan Rhino is as ubiquitous among the forces of the Iron Warriors as the Deimos Rhino is among the other Legions, with newly-compliant worlds peppered with the burned-out hulls of these vehicles serving as a dark reminder of the Iron Warriors’ brutal campaigns of supression.   

Castellan Rhino:                   BS: 4   Armour (Front/Side/Rear): 13/12/10 HP: 3

Unit Composition:

* 1-3 Castellan Rhinos forming a squadron

Unit Type:

* Vehicle (Tank, Transport)

Wargear:

* Armoured Ceramite

* Extra Armour

* Search light

* Smoke launchers

* Havoc launcher

* Pintle-mounted Olympia bolt cannon

Special Rules:

* Castellan Deployment

* Support Unit

Transport Capacity:

* 5 models (Castellan Rhinos may not carry models with the Bulky, Very Bulky or Extremely Bulky special rules)

Fire Points:

* The Castellan Rhino has two Fire Points on each side and a single Fire Point on its front facing

Access Points:

* The Castellan Rhino has a single access point at the rear

Castellan Deployment:

The Castellan Rhino’s outer armour is fitted with an array of hydraulically deployed entrenching drills, which can be employed to anchor the vehicle in place, serving to disperse the force of incoming attacks in concert with a specially retrofitted superstructure conceived by the mind of the Primarch Perturabo.

During the movement phase, all Castellan Rhinos in the squadron may activate Castellan Deployment rather than moving, from which point they count as Immobilised until the end of the game and gain the following effects. Castellan Rhinos in Castellan Deployment ignore Crew Shaken results on the Vehicle Damage table, and all ranged attacks made against them with the Blast type subtract -1 from their Strength value. Additionally, Castellan Rhinos gain the Reinforced Superstructure rule once they have activated Castellan Deployment (see the Legion Mastodon unit profile).

Siege Formation:

In an Iron Warriors detachment which contains a Siege Breaker Consul, a single additional Castellan Rhino Phalanx may be purchased which does not use up a slot in the Force Organisation Chart.

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Castellax-Murus Battle-Automata Maniple

Deemed perhaps the most successful of the Battle-automata creations of the Apolakron, otherwise known as the ‘Brotherhood of Steel’, the Castellax-Murus conceivably owes this accolade to the limited extent to which it deviates from the existing techno-arcana of the Legio Cybernetica. Maintaining the underlying construction of the formidable Castellax Battle-automata, the Castellax-Murus’ armoured shell and fearsome armaments are harnessed for the single purpose of unleashing maximal firepower upon the foe at any range.

Serving as a mobile fire-support platform, the Castellax-Murus was produced in significant enough numbers in the last decade of the Great Crusade to provide the IVth Legion with a significant frontline contingent, working in concert with the Iron Warriors’ mainline infantry in a similar role to the Legion’s support squads.

Castellax-Murus:   WS: 3   BS: 4   S: 6   T: 7   W: 4   I: 3   A: 2   Ld: 7   Sv: 3+

Unit Composition:

* 1 Castellax-Murus Class Battle-automata

Unit Type:

* Monstrous Creature

Wargear:

* Twin-linked autocannon

* Twin-linked rotor cannon

* Balestorm mortar

* Atomantic shielding

* Nuncio-vox

Special Rules:

* Cybernetica Cortex

* Reactor Blast

* Support Unit

* Hardened Armour

* Lumbering Advance

* Wall of Fire

Options:

* The unit may include:

- Up to four additional Castellax-Murus Class Battle-automata

* Any Battle-automata Maniple may be given any of the following options – all Battle-automata in the Maniple must have the same upgrade:

- Searchlight

- Infravisor

- Frag grenades

- Enhanced targeting array

* The Castellax-Murus in the Maniple may equip their rotor cannons with bio-corrosive ammunition. If this is done, all the Castellax-Murus must be so equipped

Balestorm Mortar:

Firing airburst shells devised to drive their foe from cover and into the fire of the Iron Warriors’ advance, the balestorm mortar was designed around the Castellax-Murus chassis to allow the battle-automata to function as a front-line mobile artillery platform, capable of engaging targets at any conceivable range.

Balestorm Mortar:    Range: 12-48”   Str: 4   AP: 4   Type: Heavy 1, Barrage, Blast (3”), Ignores Cover Saves, Pinning, Twin-linked

Wall of Fire: In the Shooting phase, the Castellax-Murus may fire all of its ranged weapons. Additionally, attacks made with the balestorm mortar may target a different unit to the model’s other ranged attacks, but must obey all other rules associated with ranged attacks.

Optional Heavy Support:

Rather than selecting a Thallax Cohort, or a Castellax or Vorax Battle-automata Maniple, a single Castellax-Murus Battle-automata Maniple may be selected as a Heavy Support selection for each cortex controller present in an Iron Warriors detachment. Additionally, a Castellax-Murus Battle-automata Maniple may be selected by an Iron Warriors Praevian Consul instead of a Castellax or Vorax Battle-automata Maniple under the Master of Cybernetica rule, to which all of the provisions of this rule and the Legion Inductees rule apply.

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Whirlwind Fulcrum Artillery Tank Squadron

Among the myriad variants of the Whirlwind artillery tank fielded by the hosts of the Legiones Astartes, the Whirlwind Fulcrum is unique to the IVth Legion, primarily due to its particular specialization: mobile siege artillery. Whilst the Iron Warriors primarily rely upon relatively static artillery units for long-range bombardment, coupled with a number of shorter-ranged siege assault vehicles, the Whirlwind Fulcrum deviates from this pattern, providing long-range firepower upon a much more mobile platform due to its recoilless siege launcher.

Deployed in armoured vanguard formations or flanking fast-strike manouvres, the Whirlwind Fulcrum’s capacity to devastate enemy bastions whilst remaining mobile enough to evade their foe’s own artillery proved highly useful to the Warsmiths of the IVth Legion in a number of campaigns where strategic or topographical obstacles prevented the extended use of the static artillery batteries preferred by the Legion’s Siege Breakers.

Whirlwind Fulcrum:                   BS: 4   Armour (Front/Side/Rear): 13/12/10 HP: 3

Unit Composition:

* 1-3 Whirlwind Fulcrum Artillery Tanks forming a squadron

Unit Type:

* Vehicle (Tank)

Wargear:

* Fulcrum siege launcher

* Twin-linked bolter

* Search light

* Smoke launchers

Options:

* Any Whirlwind Fulcrum may take any of the following upgrades:

- Hunter-killer missile

- Extra Armour

* Any Whirlwind Fulcrum may take one of the following:

- Dozer blade

- Mine plough

* Any Whirlwind Fulcrum may take one of the following additional pintle-mounted weapons:

- Twin-linked bolter

- Combi-weapon

- Heavy bolter

- Heavy flamer

- Multi-melta

- Havoc Launcher

Fulcrum Siege Launcher:

Prototyped on the thunderstrike assault tank, the fulcrum’s breaching rockets are designed to be capable of both direct and indirect fire, capable of reducing enemy fortifications to rubble at a range of distances, which combines with the launcher’s recoilless nature to provide unmatched mobility among the Legions’ arsenal of siege artillery.

Fulcrum Siege Launcher:    Range: 12-48”   Str: 8   AP: 2   Type: Heavy 1, Barrage, Blast (3”), Wrecker

The Wolves' rules & fluff would be up next in theory, but I'm probably gonna skip ahead to the Fists because I need to wait until my buddy gets his copy of Inferno & allows me to peruse it before I'll have a decent handle of the direction I really want to take with their rules & units

The laughingman has suggestions for interesting weapon mechanics, particularly for destroyer like units 

-Strength test inducing beam weapons

- mechanic whereby to would rolls of six cause extra wounds that must be saved separately (like skitarii radium carbines)

-flamers that cause blind tests

- template weapons that if hit by require a unit to take a characteristic test or some kind if failed they roll on a"debuff table" -2I, -1T, -2BS, -2WS, etc

The laughingman has suggestions for interesting weapon mechanics, particularly for destroyer like units 

-Strength test inducing beam weapons

- mechanic whereby to would rolls of six cause extra wounds that must be saved separately (like skitarii radium carbines)

-flamers that cause blind tests

- template weapons that if hit by require a unit to take a characteristic test or some kind if failed they roll on a"debuff table" -2I, -1T, -2BS, -2WS, etc

Thanks, I might refer back to these if I get stuck coming up with rules for a variant weapon I want to mess with - the last one is similar to some rules for Psychotropic grenades I'm planning for the NLs Malphaz Breacher

Very cool stuff on the IW!

Nice to see someone tackle the Saturnine.

Thanks, I didn't wan't to make them too complex whilst still needing the additional weapon rules, so Cataphractii armour with -1" run charge distance & the normal invul save seemed a good balance overall

Can't wait for the 1k sons stuff :smile.:

It might be a pretty significant wait considering how many of these I have to get through, and how quickly my finals are coming up :happy.:

That said, I'll give you a quick teaser for the Heirophant Abolition Cabal, which is my fave of their units:

- visually, they'll stick pretty closely to my orginal concept, except their boarding shields will be a different pattern, and have large silver-etched hexagrammic wards

- their plate will be black, with only the pauldrons red

- fluff-wise, they're Thousand Sons trained to counter other psykers, and nullify their powers, so have a kind of outcast status within the Legion - respected, but feared

- they're only ever deployed at the express command of Magnus, and as such were only committed to the battle of Tizca when he decided to finally join the fighting

It might be a pretty significant wait considering how many of these I have to get through, and how quickly my finals are coming up :happy.:

Noooooo!

That said, I'm open for commenting on any WIP fluff you did so far ;)

Let's start :P

- visually, they'll stick pretty closely to my orginal concept, except their boarding shields will be a different pattern, and have large silver-etched hexagrammic wards

Mhm interesting - I guess you will go for ovale shields? 

So basically "Destroyer Breachers"? That's interesting because I actually wanted to paint my Destroyers red with just black shoulders (simply because I think the "over weathered" Destroyer look won't fit with the 1k sons). Maybe I could go with glossy black as the main colour. Oh, and don't forget - Destroyers (or similiar "chaos spreading" units) are part of the Hidden Order :)

- fluff-wise, they're Thousand Sons trained to counter other psykers, and nullify their powers, so have a kind of outcast status within the Legion - respected, but feared

Not quite sure on that one. I would try to stay away from "Pariah Space Marines". What I could see working though - kind of psyker-batteries. They could absorb the energy into their own bodies, or something similiar. More like "throwing back enemy spells" instead of "nullify enemy psykers". 

It might be a pretty significant wait considering how many of these I have to get through, and how quickly my finals are coming up :happy.:

Noooooo!

That said, I'm open for commenting on any WIP fluff you did so far :wink:

Let's start :tongue.:

- visually, they'll stick pretty closely to my orginal concept, except their boarding shields will be a different pattern, and have large silver-etched hexagrammic wards

Mhm interesting - I guess you will go for ovale shields?

Possibly - I quite like the blocky aesthetic of the current boarding sheilds, so I might go for rectangular but with a curved base or top reminiscent of the Tomb King shields

So basically "Destroyer Breachers"? That's interesting because I actually wanted to paint my Destroyers red with just black shoulders (simply because I think the "over weathered" Destroyer look won't fit with the 1k sons). Maybe I could go with glossy black as the main colour. Oh, and don't forget - Destroyers (or similiar "chaos spreading" units) are part of the Hidden Order :smile.:

Kinda - the black isn't a mark of shame as such, just a ritual demarcation of their role (basically I thought a unit of black & silver would look cool next to all the red & gold)

Not quite sure on that one. I would try to stay away from "Pariah Space Marines". What I could see working though - kind of psyker-batteries. They could absorb the energy into their own bodies, or something similiar. More like "throwing back enemy spells" instead of "nullify enemy psykers".

Yeah, I didn't phrase it great, basically I was thinking three levels of effect rules-wise;

* They'll have a special rule that allows them to steal warp charges from the enemy (boosted if there are nearby enemy psykers)

* Their breaching shields will give them bonuses against witchfire powers, with a possibility of reflecting back the attack at the source

* They'll have a unit-wide psychic power, similar in style to Ammitara Occult, which'll basically be a contested leadership test with the target, which causes a load of debuffs if successful

So basically, the Ogre Breakers from World of Warcraft? ;)

I love these, though. Makes me hope that someone, somewhere, decides to come out with an expansion to Battlescribe adding all this in. Any chance you'll be tackling independent characters at some stage?

So basically, the Ogre Breakers from World of Warcraft? :wink:

I love these, though. Makes me hope that someone, somewhere, decides to come out with an expansion to Battlescribe adding all this in. Any chance you'll be tackling independent characters at some stage?

Uh, there are a couple of Independent Characters in the form of Consul options & Lheor for the WE plus a Dreadnought character for the Wolves.

I kinda wanted these to be as generic as possible - don't get me wrong, I love making rules for Unique ICs, but I don't really want to bring in homebrew characters that don't already exist in the background, and I'd rather not cover characters that'll likely get rules from FW. Hence, Lheor - he's a cool character who isn't really a big deal during the Heresy, so he's fun to make rules for but unlikely to by covered by FW. On the other hand, the Wolves character is because with them basically having 5 unique units, I was hard pressed to figure out 5 more without them treading on the toes on standard units, and Dread Characters are just fun.

That said, there's plenty of potential for me to cover lower-ranking Heresy characters at a later point, especially if they'd be fun to paint

The Iron Warriors stuff sounds great, love the Whirlwind Fulcrum and the Castellax-Murus.

Thanks man, I love the look of the fulcrum siege launcher, so turning it into a whirlwind just made sense, and the Murus is actually based off a non-40k concept for a combat drone which just fits perfectly with the IW aesthetic with a little modification

I'd say they are an interesting concept. The name kinda reminds me of the Sun Legion in Rogue Trooper, even though the core idea behind each is almost completely different (besides the fact that they are both elite formations). :happy.:

Huh, well it's entirely possible they were a touching point for FW's writing team when they described the Sun-Killers in Betrayal?

In my opinion, working for FW in the writing department requires being well read on both classical and pop culture. 2000AD and it's heavy hitters are practically a gold mine of influences and references.

Oh also - I already decided to do Vorax-Achea robots, can't wait to get some inspiration (although I think you don't have to change that much with the current vorax - psychic rotor cannons and cat-like faces ftw!).

And Khayon. Would love to get a pre-rubric artwork for him ;)

LHEORVINE UKRIS

Centurion of the World Eaters 50th Heavy Support Companyhttp://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/uploads/gallery/album_302/gallery_2243_302_3032159.png

unfortunately neither the B&C or Heresy30k uploader will allow the full resolution image, so until I set up a Deviantart just for my warhammer stuff, this'll have to suffice

hope you like him

Oh also - I already decided to do Vorax-Achea robots, can't wait to get some inspiration (although I think you don't have to change that much with the current vorax - psychic rotor cannons and cat-like faces ftw!).

And Khayon. Would love to get a pre-rubric artwork for him :wink:

Yeah, the only real differences in terms of wargear I'm probably gonna make is having  Asphyx-rounds on the rotor cannon & maybe a different carapace weapon

Hmmm, Khayon? Guess I could go for the full set :tongue.:

Arlatax-Achea with bird features that looks like that Tomb kings model a bit.... Need.

The Iron Hands are the only Legion which can currently field the Arlatax (via Head of the Gorgon RoW) and I intent to keep it that way :wink:

Note: for anyone interested, I've altered the uploaded version of Lheor - he's lost some of the finer detail in favour of sharpness which is better at this scale (I say 'at this scale' because I may well go back and work on a 'headshot' portrait from the illustration so I can add some real detail to his face)

I've had a chance to peruse my friend's copy of Inferno, so I've finished the rules & background for the Wolves' units:

VIth Legion: Space Wolves:

ELITE:

Fenris Blood Brotherhood

The warriors identified within the hosts of the Space Wolves as ‘Fenris Bloods’ are known to be the elite among their renown ‘bloodied claw’ assault formations, although their individual ‘brotherhoods’ are said to be highly individualistic, each acting as a close-knit band of warrior-kin rather than a formal military designation. The title of Fenris Bloods stems from the extent to which these brotherhoods have adopted traditional Fenrisian culture, with warriors admitted to their ranks not only for their considerable combat prowess, but also for how closely they conform to the archetypal warrior-spirit of Fenris.

Superstitious and insular to an even greater extent than the rest of the VIth Legion, the Fenris Blood brotherhoods practice strange rituals on the eve of battle said to strengthen their resolve and bind them as a pack. Whatever the truth of this, they are a brutal assault force on the battlefield, favouring the use of jump packs to engage with the enemy as swiftly and forcefully as possible, lacking any modicum of the patience exhibited by the Varagyr to whom they are so often compared.

Fenris Blood:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 8   Sv: 2+

Fenris Blood Chieftain:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 9   Sv: 2+

Unit Composition:

* 4 Fenris Bloods

* 1 Fenris Blood Chieftain

Unit Type:

* Fenris Blood: Jump Infantry

* Fenris Blood Chieftain: Jump Infantry (Character)

Wargear:

* Artificer armour

* Combat shield

* Bolt pistol

* Heavy chainsword

* Frag and krak grenades

Special Rules:

* Legiones Astartes (Space Wolves)

* Adamantium Will

* Implacable Advance

* Zealot

Options:

* The Fenris Blood Brotherhood may take:

- Up to 15 additional Fenris Bloods

* For every five models in the squad, one Fenris Blood may exchange their bolt pistol for one of the following:

- Hand flamer

- Plasma pistol

- Inferno pistol

* Any model in the squad may exchange their heavy chainsword for one of the following:

- Thunder hammer

- Great frost blade

* The Fenris Blood Chieftain may exchange their bolt pistol for one of the following:

- Hand flamer

- Plasma pistol

- Inferno pistol

ELITE:

Draugr Hunt (0-1)

Among the Legions, the Space Wolves are said to make the greatest use of memory erasing techniques within the ranks of their warriors, a highly ritualized process that is believed to be necessitated by the horrific nature of the foes against which the Legion was routinely sent. Although the notable side effects of such methods are mitigated by the ‘saga’ mimetic records of the Space Wolves, and the deep cultural ties which bind their Legionaries, such techniques are not without their risks, and despite the exceptional mental fortitude of the Astartes, there are some whose minds are simply broken by repeated use of such technology.

Reffered to as Draugr, such warriors are kept in stasis aboard the Space Wolves fleet and only removed when battle is joined, temporarily reprogrammed using various psycho-indoctrination methodologies by the Legions’ Fenrisian Priests for an appointed duty before their minds slip once more into anarchy. Used for tasks which might otherwise be shunned by the sons of Russ, these Draugr are a sinister force upon the battlefield, utterly dedicated to a singular purpose while their minds still endure.

Draugr:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 8   Sv: 2+

Unit Composition:

* 5 Draugr

Unit Type:

* Draugr: Infantry

Wargear:

* Tartaros Terminator Armour

* Power weapon

* Combi-bolter

Special Rules:

* Fearless

* Marked for Death

* Special Issue Ammunition

* Precision Shots

* Precision Strikes

* Ghosts in Grey

Options:

* The Draugr Hunt may take:

- Up to 5 additional Draugr

* Any model in the squad may exchange their power weapon for a single lightning claw

* Any model in the squad may exchange their combi-bolter for a combi-weapon

* Any model in the squad may exchange both their power weapon and combi-bolter for a pair of lightning claws

Ghosts in Grey:

Draugr units may not be joined by Independent Characters of any type.

Dedicated Transport:

* A Draugr Hunt which numbers 5 models may take a Land Raider Phobos or Land Raider Proteus as a Dedicated Transport, or a Spartan or Storm Eagle Gunship if it numbers 10 models or less.

FAST ATTACK:

Storm Claw Biker Pack

As a military force, the Storm Claw biker units of Space Wolves predate the discovery of Fenris, and represent an evolution of the tactics utilised by the Legion when they were disparagingly referred to as the ‘Rout’. Veteran attack bike units, the precursors to the Storm Claws had been used by the VIth to pursue and butcher retreating foes, often slipping the leash and ranging far ahead of the main Legion advance, occasionally to the detriment of their brethren as forces which should have been kept in check by their dogged hunt would regroup and conduct vicious ambushes on the following Legionaries.

The Storm Claws as descendants of such formations serve not only as pursuit units, but also harrying marauders, tasked with probing an enemy’s defence and using sheer firepower where possible to re-direct the foe into the greatest concentration of the Legion’s force.

Storm Claw Biker:   WS: 4   BS: 5   S: 4   T: 5   W: 2   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 8   Sv: 3+

Unit Composition:

* 3-10 Storm Claw Bikers

Unit Type:

* Storm Claw Biker: Bike

Wargear:

* Power armour

* Bolt pistol

* Chainsword or combat blade

* Frag and krak grenades

* Legion space marine bike with twin-linked bolter

* Rotor cannon with bio-corrosive ammunition

Special Rules:

* Preferred Enemy (Infantry)

* Outflank

Options:

* Any Storm Claw Biker in the squad may exchange their chainsword or combat blade for a power weapon

* Any Storm Claw Biker in the squad may exchange their rotor cannon with bio-corrosive ammunition for one of the following:

- Heavy flamer

- Heavy bolter

FAST ATTACK:

Ashen Stalker Pack

Masters of ambush, the Ashen Stalker packs of the VIth Legion often operate hours and sometimes days ahead of the primary Legion deployment, conducting attacks of opportunity within enemy territory to keep their foe on the back foot. Once their brethren do arrive however, the Ashen Stalkers are expert at coordinated attacks, rendering defensive positions fruitless as they engage from an unseen quarter whether with a blinding barrage of bolter rounds or a flurry of shrieking power blades.

Multiple reports have indicated that some Ashen Stalker packs go to war accompanied by the sinuous forms of Fenrisian wolves, these fearsome predators echoing the Stalkers’ dual purpose as patient hunters and bloodthirsty reavers.  

Ashen Stalker:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 1   Ld: 8   Sv: 3+

Pack Leader:   WS: 4   BS: 4   S: 4   T: 4   W: 1   I: 4   A: 2   Ld: 9   Sv: 3+

Unit Composition:

* 4 Ashen Stalkers

* 1 Pack Leader

Unit Type:

* Ashen Stalkers: Infantry

* Pack Leader: Infantry (Character)

Wargear:

* Power armour

* Power weapon

* Bolter with kraken bolts

* Frag and krak grenades

* Shroud bombs

Special Rules:

* Scout

Options:

* The Ashen Stalker Pack may take:

- Up to 5 additional Ashen Stalkers

* One Ashen Stalker may take a nuncio-vox

* The Pack Leader may exchange their power weapon for one of the following:

- Single lightning claw

- Power fist

- Frost weapon

* The Pack Leader ay take any of the following options:

- Artificer armour

- Meltabombs

- Up to two Fenrisian Wolves

FAST ATTACK:

Deimos Leman Russ Strike Squadron

Named in honour of the Space Wolves’ Primarch upon the recovery of its STC, the Leman Russ battle tank formed a lynchpin for the Auxilia hosts of the Great Crusade, and upon the development of the Deimos-pattern, widely held to be the greatest variant among the machine-cannon of the Mechanicum. The VIth Legion was gifted with a host of the stalwart armoured vehicles to add to their arsenal. Only otherwise fielded by the Skitarii regiments of the Fabricator-General, the Deimos Leman Russ is a powerful war engine unmatched in quality by any other pattern, and perfectly suited to the particular rigors of war generated by the battle-practices of the Legiones Astartes.

Out of respect for their sire, only the most skilled tank crews of the Space Wolves are permitted to take these vehicles to war, whereupon they are used in hunter-killer squadrons as befits the predatory nature of their namesake, pursuing the mightiest of prey and rending it apart in volleys of shot and las-fire.

Deimos Leman Russ:                   BS: 4   Armour (Front/Side/Rear): 14/13/11 HP: 4

Unit Composition:

* 1-3 Deimos Leman Russ Tanks forming a squadron

Unit Type:

* Vehicle (Tank)

Wargear:

* Heavy bolter

* Search light

* Smoke launchers

* Auxiliary drive

* Exterminator autocannon

Special Rules:

* Outflank

Options:

* Any Deimos Leman Russ may exchange its exterminator autocannon for a twin-linked lascannon

* Any Deimos Leman Russ may exchange its heavy bolter for one of the following:

- Heavy flamer

- Lascannon

* Any Deimos Leman Russ may take any of the following upgrades:

- Armoured ceramite

- Hunter-killer missile

- Dozer blade

- Extra Armour

* Any Deimos Leman Russ may take one of the following additional pintle-mounted weapons:

- Twin-linked bolter

- Combi-weapon

- Heavy bolter

- Heavy flamer

- Multi-melta

* In a squadron of three, one Deimos Leman Russ may be upgraded to a:

- Squadron Command Tank