Atia

Cover:

med_gallery_79873_10492_144627.jpg

"The Salamanders fight to bear their Primarch's body home to Nocturne"

and - it's up for pre-order =)

http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/deathfire-hardback.html

gallery_79873_10492_8512.jpg

THE STORY

Vulkan lies in state beneath the Fortress of Hera, and yet many of his sons still refuse to believe that he is truly dead. After a seemingly miraculous rescue by the Ultramarines, Artellus Numeon, once captain of the Pyre Guard, urges the other Salamanders on Macragge to leave Imperium Secundus and return their primarch’s body to the home world of Nocturne – there to be reborn in the flames of Mount Deathfire. But Numeon grapples endlessly with his doubts and fears for the future of the Legion, while their foes seek to carve out new destinies of their own...

ABOUT THIS BOOK

The Horus Heresy: Deathfire is released in July 2015. To be amongst the first to know when it goes on sale, set your reminder today.

The plot

Sallies steal 'dead' Vulkan from Imperium Secundus and travel across the eye of terror to return the body of vulkan to Mt Deathfire in an effort to fulfil his ancient prophecy.

So, apart from Terra itself, the greatest fortress in the Imperium, the Salamanders break in, to steal the body of their insane mutilated Primarch, journeying through the ruinstorm to throw his body into a volcano. Good leadership skills, Sallies!

Why do people not like nick? Hurrah for more salamanders. Also cover looks nice.

His writing is just slow and meh in my opinion. It takes him forever to get to something interesting. I've tried reading his stuff but I have to put it down and go read things like Iron Within to reconstitute myself.

He's one of the only BL writers that I've read that I can't read stuff in one sitting - it's just boring to me. When ADB or Abnett or hell even McNeill write something (the bald triad), I don't eat, sleep, or breath until I'm done finishing their latest novel. But that's just my opinion of him, feel free to like him or not if you wish :) I do think the cover is really awesome though

The plot

It is basically lord of the ring where vulkan the ring, and the hobbits are genetically engineer super soldiers.....

Nick kyme can write, except his pacing is always off.  At least the cover is epic.

Though I like the lord of the ring. I don't think it would work in space with space marines as hobbits. Getting the mainres to sing a song every oer chapter just wouldn't work.

Firey fire marines of firey fire death with flaming fires caused by firey flamers and branding and burning volcanos ANVIL fire dragons fire fire FIRE I am a firestarter a twisted firestarter

Seriously? Good writer? Pacing is the least of his issues (well, as a writer, not really, but considering that his characterisation is... frankly pathetic to call a spade a spade, considering his writing style consists of him right clicking on word and looking for word, comparatively, yes.)

This is both unimaginative, inane rubbish, the type of drivel that sounds like it would better belong in a Space Marine Battles novel. I can't imagine ADB being too happy with my negativity towards his fellow authors who he probably holds in high personal regard, but if it was down to me, only ADB would be writing the series (nor can I imagine him being too happy with that lot in life). Maybe John French if he has Crimson Fist hat on and Chris Wraight with his Scars hat, but everyone else can just take a running jump.

I'll be getting this to read exactly how bad it is.

Is it a novel or novella? Coz 400+ words on getting a body home seems a touch excessive to me. Ive been pining for a new novel, the anthologies are beginning to wear thin. This series is almost kicking and screaming

Is it a novel or novella? Coz 400+ words on getting a body home seems a touch excessive to me. Ive been pining for a new novel, the anthologies are beginning to wear thin. This series is almost kicking and screaming

Some how I doubt it will be as simple as sailing for Nocturne during the Ruinstorm warpstorm caused by Lorgar. 

I for one, will wait for the book to come out before I pass judgement.  But my money is on Vulkan returning alive by the end of the novel.  Whether or not it is from his innate resurrection ability or a warp pact with a daemon however....

Nice find Atia ;-)...your rumour powers grow stronger by the day hehe

Now for a release date and for them to stop making every bloody release ltd edition lol

Feels like I haven't bought a book in ages

Sad to say this will never happen brother.

My first reaction: "Yay, Salamanders.... again...." *rolls eyes*

Do the 'High Lords' not understand that there are 20 Legions to play with.... not the same 4/5 over and over -_-

My second reaction: Pfft will probably only be a Limited Edition Novella [not novel] anyway

GIVE ME MASTER OF MANKIND!!!

• 2 weeks later...

and - it's up for pre-order =)

http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/deathfire-hardback.html

gallery_79873_10492_8512.jpg

THE STORY

Vulkan lies in state beneath the Fortress of Hera, and yet many of his sons still refuse to believe that he is truly dead. After a seemingly miraculous rescue by the Ultramarines, Artellus Numeon, once captain of the Pyre Guard, urges the other Salamanders on Macragge to leave Imperium Secundus and return their primarch’s body to the home world of Nocturne – there to be reborn in the flames of Mount Deathfire. But Numeon grapples endlessly with his doubts and fears for the future of the Legion, while their foes seek to carve out new destinies of their own...

ABOUT THIS BOOK

The Horus Heresy: Deathfire is released in July 2015. To be amongst the first to know when it goes on sale, set your reminder today.

I thought Numeon died in his last appearance.

that was merely a setback!

tbh, i'm glad he survived his encounter with the perpetual :>

So...  Numeon might have inherited his gene-father's ability?

So...  Numeon might have inherited his gene-father's ability?

Wait... what happened to Numeon? Can't remember any more.

Me too! Is there a novella I've missed or did Black Library drop a nice little spoiler in the synopsis?

Archived