Conquest Relics Clarifications please?

thrawn404

WOW! WOW!

Does that mean a Moritat can Phase Walker and Combat Augment Array? So he can teleport infront of . . . anything and turn on the array and basically all of his shots with his Plasma Pistol keep hitting . . . forever? Basically until whatever he's shooting at is dead (as all his to hits are 6 and with Chain Shots he keeps rolling to hits until he misses, which he never will as he's always rolling a 6 to hit . . .  and he's also always rolling 6s to wound)? This can't be right.

Yeah Imma stop you right there with the Combat Array.

Its only One roll that is turned into a Six. Trust us, the issue arose when the Book was released and we promptly went to FW due to how vague the wording was :p

Yeah Imma stop you right there with the Combat Array.

Its only One roll that is turned into a Six. Trust us, the issue arose when the Book was released and we promptly went to FW due to how vague the wording was tongue.png

argh! what a disappointment! and waste of points.

Yeah, it's an utterly worthless piece of equipment for how much it costs

i'm starting to think maybe not though . . . 

take Sallies, give a moritat the phase walker and combat array, master craft his plasma pistol . . . statistically speaking if you use the mastercraft and combat array he can dish out 18 S7 AP2 shots in a turn, not to mention if you give him a  jump pack and put him up in a destroyer squad with some more plasma pistols . . . it can catch your opponent off guard.

it's a super uber expensive model, fairly gimmicky as well (situational) but like i said you might catch your opponent off guard and can basically fry his glaive or falchion in one turn.

You can't takw Moritats with Sallies.

And i love how it's 'worthless' because a Rhino equivalent can't autoerase a Primarch with Bodyguard, Super Heavy Tank or Gargantuan creature in a single phase thanks to dodgy wording.

Is there seriously no other weapon in the game which allows an Instant Death on a 6 to which it might be applicable, turning you into Sevatar/Sigismund-lite?

It's worthless because if you're at full wounds, you can bet that one of them will be gone because you used it and that Instant Death wound can still be saved (usually about half the time) So statistically you guaranteed to lose a wound, and you have a 50% chance of that ID wound going through

So the fact that an enemy model absolutely HAS to make that save makes it worthless? You might as well call the Paragon Blade useless, then.

I'd say it turns a pretty unreliable special into a dead cert.

It's not a must take, of course, but you can make it into a pretty lethal combination. And it's not just limited to characters either. Think of a Meltabomb with its AP1 versus a Contemptor say? 

I know Sallies cannot take Destroyers, but I thought they could take Mortariats.  I guess i need to reread my main book.

Additionally,  when chain firing plasma pistols, Mortariats suffer overheat on a role of a 2 as well as a 1.  This overheat (even if it hits) prevents that plasma pistol from firing any more.  So best case, only take 1 plasma pistol on a Mortariat.

• 3 weeks later...

Unless you use CAD's as opposed to the AOD force org, a second CAD of sallies rocking a fusion pistol/hand flamer moritat!

I get a feeling that thats why Salamanders cant normally take Moritats.

...Something about nigh infinite S8 Ap1 Shots or S4(Sallie Rules) Templates.

I cant imagine why...rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Alpha legion saboteur is where it's at for the array.....

Taken from the alpha legion tactica thread

Step 0: Armillus Dynat

Step 1: Saboteur with combat augment array

Step 2: Outflank into the enemy's deployment zone

Step 3: Sabotage attack with combat augment array (6) AND "Harrowing" +1 on damage table

Step 4: any "normal" vehicle = target destroyed for granted or - (1+D3) hull points for super heavies

Step 3: Sabotage attack with combat augment array (6) AND "Harrowing" +1 on damage table

Step 4: any "normal" vehicle = target destroyed for granted or - (1+D3) hull points for super heavies

This actually got debunked very recently on h30k. Which is a good thing over all because I'm pretty sure using this tactic repeatedly may cause rapid friend loss. 

The reasoning is that the Array has to be declared at the start of your player turn. The entry for coming on from reserves states that "a unit cannot charge, or use any abilities or special rules that must be used at the start of the turn, in the turn it arrives from Reserves." So since the Saboteur must deploy from reserve and immediately activates Sabotage when he arrives, he can't activate the array that turn.

This actually got debunked very recently on h30k. Which is a good thing over all because I'm pretty sure using this tactic repeatedly may cause rapid friend loss.

The reasoning is that the Array has to be declared at the start of your player turn. The entry for coming on from reserves states that "a unit cannot charge, or use any abilities or special rules that must be used at the start of the turn, in the turn it arrives from Reserves." So since the Saboteur must deploy from reserve and immediately activates Sabotage when he arrives, he can't activate the array that turn.

But does he need to activate it or does it need to be on the table. Could it be goven to another HQ (getting up to 3 now i know). I havent got to books to hand so i cant recall but does it say any dice roll the unit/model makes or any dice roll as a six?

Its worded as: "once per game, declared at the beginning of the controlling players turn, the character may count any dice roll as automatically rolling a 6".

That means that, since the Saboteur isn't on the table at the start of the turn, he can't actually use it since its not present to be activated.

Archived