Legions I - XX. Who do you think represents them best?

Aqui

Hi! happy.png

As a few of you might know, I outlined a vague plan to make a diorama that features a Marine from each of the Legions. My original plan was to have a generic (i.e. non character) Marine painted up to represent each Legion, with II and XI represented by a model painted black. Since buying the Iron Warrior and Alpha Legion FW exclusive models at Salute last weekend, I figured that I might expand on this somewhat and have a model for each Legion, but use named characters instead. I realise that in the case of the Iron Warriors I could model Dantioch instead (after reading about him in unremembered Empire, I quite like him happy.png ), but I think I'll make a list that includes Marines who sided with the Traitors (so Abaddon over Torgaddon for example).

So, here is the list as I can see it. Please bear in mind that I'm still waaaaaay behind in reading the HH books.

I - Zahariel

II - Blank*

III - Lucius

IV - Nârik Dreygur (I must admit that I haven't a clue who he is)

V - Don't know enough about 30k White Scars

VI - Bjorn the Fellhanded

VII - Pollux

VIII - Sevatar

IX - Nassir Amit

X - Eeron Kleve

XI - Blank*

XII - Khârn

XIII - Aeonid Thiel

XIV - Ignatius Grulgor

XV - Ahzek Ahriman

XVI - Abaddon

XVII - Argal Tal

XVIII - Don't know enough about 30k Salamanders

XIX - Don't know enough about 30k Raven Guard

XX - Autilon Skorr (Haven't got a clue who he is either!)

* Blank or, with their permission ask to use a model of choice from one of the II and XI projects that members have created here on the B+C happy.png

Any suggestions? The above are names that I have respect for (such as Pollux, Argel Tal etc, etc smile.png ) or those that I know well enough (or can have a hope in hell's chance of kitbashing well enough that most members can recognise who they are laugh.png The ones in bold are ones that are fixed (unless someone has a compelling argument for another character msn-wink.gif )

Thanks for any help you can give thumbsup.gif

No Sigismund :O!

Then again, Polux is a pretty solid choice so I'm ok with that.

For AL:

-Dynat: The model looks Cold, Calculating and due to his multiple weapons and assortment of gear, looks equipped to deal with any situation

-RG: Alvarex Maun. Hes pretty solid though is a FW character more than anything. Unlike Sharrowkyn...

I'm cool with everybody else on the list; we really need more WS materiel...

No Sigismund ohmy.png!

Then again, Polux is a pretty solid choice so I'm ok with that.

For AL:

-Dynat: The model looks Cold, Calculating and due to his multiple weapons and assortment of gear, looks equipped to deal with any situation

-RG: Alvarex Maun. Hes pretty solid though is a FW character more than anything. Unlike Sharrowkyn...

I'm cool with everybody else on the list; we really need more WS materiel...

I did consider Sigismund, but no model and I'm from the RT Era originally, so Crimson Fists all the way msn-wink.gif

I've never heard of Dynat, I'll have to look him up. To be honest, it kinda wierds me out that the Alpha Legion have named characters, what with the whole "I am Alpharius" thing going on laugh.png

Alvarex Maun - is there a particular book he's in for reference?

It is a pity about the White Scars - I haven't read any of the books that feature them yet either...

For the XVIIIth, you're looking at either Artellus Numeon (First Captain of the Pyre Guard, Vulkan's honour guard), Nomus Rhy'tan (one of the chapter's first chaplains, told by Vulkan not to accompany the Legion to Isstvan V), or Cassian Vaughn (commander of the XVIIIth before Vulkan, original occupant of the Iron Dragon Dreadnought chassis - Bray'arth Ashmantle being the current occupant).

For the XVIIIth, you're looking at either Artellus Numeon (First Captain of the Pyre Guard, Vulkan's honour guard), Nomus Rhy'tan (one of the chapter's first chaplains, told by Vulkan not to accompany the Legion to Isstvan V), or Cassian Vaughn (commander of the XVIIIth before Vulkan, original occupant of the Iron Dragon Dreadnought chassis - Bray'arth Ashmantle being the current occupant).

I'll have to look them up smile.png Cassian Vaughn sounds interesting, but it'll have to be before he gets interred. Each model will be in either PA or TDA happy.png

To be honest, it kinda wierds me out that the Alpha Legion have named characters, what with the whole "I am Alpharius" thing going on laugh.png

Could you imagine if all of the special characters were named Alpharius?

"Ok, just a heads up, I'm using Alpharius in this game."

"Which one is he?"

*gestures grandly at army* "All of them."

To be honest, it kinda wierds me out that the Alpha Legion have named characters, what with the whole "I am Alpharius" thing going on laugh.png

Could you imagine if all of the special characters were named Alpharius?

"Ok, just a heads up, I'm using Alpharius in this game."

"Which one is he?"

*gestures grandly at army* "All of them."

But that's part of the fun surely? laugh.png I get the point though smile.png

I'll have to look them up smile.png Cassian Vaughn sounds interesting, but it'll have to be before he gets interred. Each model will be in either PA or TDA happy.png

For pre-Dread Vaughn, you'd most likely not have a Salamander, but a Saturnyne Ram (Vulkan had a bad session of 'One Night In Heaven' in high school, so as soon as he saw the Ram, he changed the Legion's name...happy.png )

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/f/f6/XVIII_Legionary_2.jpg

For Maun and Dynat, they're FW Characters that were introduced in their Respective Book(s); Extermination in this Case.

Meaning outside of the FW Book, I doubt you'll find mention of them.

Of the two, only Dynat currently has a model out.

Would'nt Bjorn be the major Space Wolves character? I mean, you have two books at least that deal with him (Prospero Burns and Scars). 

The 30K White Scars have Shiban (a Khan from the Brotherhood of the Storm) and Targutai Yesugei (the Chief Stormseer and one of the most powerful Astartes Psykers). 

From the Blood Angels, while Amit is cool, you could pick up either Raldoron (their First Captain) or Azkaellon (the commander of the Sanguinary Guard).

Ran

For first legion, I'd say Corswain or Astelan (the latter has a lot of art on him).

I was going to recommend Alajos, but I wanted to make a sweet sweet conversion of him with his vox grill mouth...soo he's mine you hear! Mine mine MINE!!!

*pulls out sharpened piece of resin sprue with a crazy look"

How the heck did I forgot Bjorn?! blink.png When I wake up later, I'll change the first post smile.png

Depthcharge - I'll bear the first two in mind smile.png

I think Yesugei represents white scars the best.

He enjoys what he does and ignores others, not due to arrogance or Comte,or, just because it is their way.

Well, Shiban does it too. But honestly I agree with Yesugei, since he is a Stormseer that did not obey the Edict of Nikea because the Scars were like: 'Screw it, I will make my own Librarius with shamans and thunder!'

Ran 

He enjoys what he does and ignores others, not due to arrogance or Comte,or, just because it is their way.

Well, Shiban does it too. But honestly I agree with Yesugei, since he is a Stormseer that did not obey the Edict of Nikea because the Scars were like: 'Screw it, I will make my own Librarius with shamans and thunder!'

Ran

Exactly

The thousand sons wanted to prove they were right

The wolves lied

The raven guard did it behind peoples back

The scars just carried on, nit to prove anyone wrong, not because they felt they had a get out clause, just because it was what they did.

Ran

Exactly

The wolves lied

The scars just carried on, nit to prove anyone wrong, not because they felt they had a get out clause, just because it was what they did.

The Raven Guard didn't keep their librarians post nikea, they mostly became Moritats I believe. I'm sure Corax was one of those who spoke out against Librarains. Post Massacre they made a come back, but sort of had to seeing as the legion had been reduced to around 4000.

For the XIXth, if you want to use a BL character, theres Sharrowkyn who is a bit of a Mary Sue character, but he is the ultra Raven Guard, top swordsman, top sniper, can wraith slip. He's currently fighting with the Iron Hands. His list of achievements include shooting Fulgrim in the head, killing Lucius, and more recently, starring down Alpharius, who choose not to fight him!

There's also Branne Nev. He is left on Deliverance during the Massacre, and comes to rescue Corax and the survivors. He leads the Raptors, the new RG, who are mostly weirgeld, but isn't one himself.

Then there's Agapito Nev, who commands the Talons. He seems almost like Corax second in command, but he tends to suffer from traitor rage due to the Massacre, and looks down on those who didn't fight on Isstvan V.

For Maun and Dynat, they're FW Characters that were introduced in their Respective Book(s); Extermination in this Case.

I just looked at the FW HH book 3 Extermination and the only AL named characters I found are Alpharius, Armyllus Dynat and Exodus. So, who are Autilon Skorr and Maun? Thank you! 

Ran

Exactly

The wolves lied

The Raven Guard didn't keep their librarians post nikea, they mostly became Moritats I believe. I'm sure Corax was one of those who spoke out against Librarains. Post Massacre they made a come back, but sort of had to seeing as the legion had been reduced to around 4000.

For the XIXth, if you want to use a BL character, theres Sharrowkyn who is a bit of a Mary Sue character, but he is the ultra Raven Guard, top swordsman, top sniper, can wraith slip. He's currently fighting with the Iron Hands. His list of achievements include shooting Fulgrim in the head, killing Lucius, and more recently, starring down Alpharius, who choose not to fight him!

There's also Branne Nev. He is left on Deliverance during the Massacre, and comes to rescue Corax and the survivors. He leads the Raptors, the new RG, who are mostly weirgeld, but isn't one himself.

Then there's Agapito Nev, who commands the Talons. He seems almost like Corax second in command, but he tends to suffer from traitor rage due to the Massacre, and looks down on those who didn't fight on Isstvan V.

Deliverance lost had them using librarians behind the custodes back.

I just looked at the FW HH book 3 Extermination and the only AL named characters I found are Alpharius, Armyllus Dynat and Exodus. So, who are Autilon Skorr and Maun? Thank you! 

Alvarex Maun is a Raven Guard Character so look for him in their Section.

Autilon Skorr is the 'Consul Delegatus' Event Exclusive Miniature (the one with the Scroll and Power Axe) for this year.

Ran

Exactly

The wolves lied

Deliverance lost had them using librarians behind the custodes back.

I've blocked that novel out.....

But that was post Massacre wasn't it, I don't think a legion so shattered could ignore such a weapon, nor could they piss off the custodes while on Terra.

I - ZaharielCorswain

II - Blank*

III - LuciusJulius Kaesoron

IV - Nârik Dreygur

V - Don't know enough about 30k White ScarsQin Xia

VI - Bjorn the FellhandedLord Gunn

VII - Pollux

VIII - Sevatar

IX - Nassir AmitRaldoran

X - Eeron KleveGabriel Santar

XI - Blank*

XII - Khârn

XIII - Aeonid ThielMarius Gage

XIV - Ignatius Grulgor

XV - Ahzek Ahriman

XVI - Abaddon

XVII - Argal Tal

XVIII - Don't know enough about 30k SalamandersArtellus Numeon

XIX - Don't know enough about 30k Raven GuardAlvarex Maun

XX - Autilon Skorr (Haven't got a clue who he is either!)

Just my thoughts on the matter, take it or leave it. :)

Looks like I have some reading to do! happy.png I got Censure (which I read last night) and Mark of Calth (which I'm reading now) last night, so I'm slowly filling in a few gaps.

If there are any other books that might help, then please let me know! thumbsup.gif

As I said in my first post, assuming I have the creators blessing, I'd like to do a DIY II and XI model happy.png

Archived