Moritat rules clarification

rendingon1+

If a rule is as a result of a friendly model (there is no terminology for "beneficial", so swing that how you will), or as a result of a Rite of War, then a Moritat recieves no benefit.

This only applies to special rules, not all rules granted by a friendly model. The Lone killer rule also does not specify if this applies to rules granted by wargear a friendly model has and not the model directly.
All rules granted by a model's wargear are still directly granted from a friendly model, I doubt the model not having the rules innately makes a difference.

I'm confused by what you mean by 'This only applies to special rules, not rule granted by a friendly model'. Aren't all rules that are granted, special rules?

If a rule is as a result of a friendly model (there is no terminology for "beneficial", so swing that how you will), or as a result of a Rite of War, then a Moritat recieves no benefit.

This only applies to special rules, not all rules granted by a friendly model. The Lone killer rule also does not specify if this applies to rules granted by wargear a friendly model has and not the model directly.

All rules granted and wargear are still directly from a friendly model, I doubt the model not having the rules innately makes a difference.

Can you quote any rules supporting that claim? Wargear is distinct from models and the rule only talks about excluding the moritat from special rules granted by friendly models not also their wargear.

Well, just like the last thread, if you want to try to argue a rules from a model's wargear =/= rules from the model itself in order to force a lateral interpretation of a single combination, go for broke. 

But don't expect it to be a commonly held opinion and don't expect it to "work" more than once before that person is leery of playing you again.

Either way, neither "interpretation" of the rules can be explicitly proven, so it's not going to be constructive to continue to debate it. 

Move the conversation on. 

Pretty sure this exact question got a thread closed on bolter and chain sword.

Not sure what you mean here. This is also B&C?

Was that you?

That stated this debate is silly and pedantic? Yes

That closed the previous topic? No. That was the un-envied responsibility of my co-mod, Slipstreams.

Haha I was confused about which forum I was on!! They all look the same on mobile.

Glad it's not just me hat dislikes these debates around trying to bend or view rules from an askew angle to justify some weird or op rule combo

Glad it's not just me hat dislikes these debates around trying to bend or view rules from an askew angle to justify some weird or op rule combo

I don't see what 's weird about a lone killer benefiting from a mechanical bird pointing out targets. It is stranger that he would ignore the help.

Alright, if we're to continue this debate on wargear special rules and all that, take it to the Official Rules.

As is, this thread has served its purpose.

Archived